Do you think FE 14 will be a sequel to awakening?

ClassyWolf

Well I suppose you have a point about the hand holding, though they aren't exactly close when walking down that hallway either. Also, I always interpreted it that Ike was just reaching out to her to help her up and to get her going. Not really out of love per say. It's especially interesting to see his reaction when she pulls him a little closer to her before getting up. At first he's surprised a little, but when they start going he kind of shrugs it off immediately.

Another really big thing going for him is that he doesn't really look in love. You don't see it in his eyes, especially after he shrugs off his surprise and gets going with her. Sure Ike is described as not being one to smile very much, but if he was in love I'm sure we would have seen more of a twinkle in his eyes at least during this moment of triumph. Elinica definitely has a twinkle to her eyes though and a nice smile to go with it, looks like a one sided affair to me.

The way I see it, Ike here sets off a vibe of deep respect for her deeds and character and that's it. He says what needs to be said and then does what needs to be done. Again, feel free to disagree.

As for potential pipe dream sequels, I would love to see another Tellius game. Path of Radiance was my first game in the series, followed by Radiant Dawn and so I have nostalgia going for it lol! Though I wouldn't want to see another Ike game, I'm satisfied with how his story ended. Besides, you can't really go much higher up than killing a god. Yeah, IS should leave Ike alone for that reason. I'm partial to having a Priam game, that would be sweet! However if it were up to me, I would have the next game be centered around the most badass dude in the series.

Greil. Make a Path of Radiance prequel starring Greil IS! Make it happen! There is a lot of potential for this honestly. We could see Greil as Sir Gawain, a Rider of Daein. Alongside him could fight the old war vets of 9 and 10 like Tauroneo, Bryce, Haar, Shiharam and perhaps some other Daein enemy bosses.

As the game proceeds we could watch as Greil and Zelgius' master and student relationship unfold! Plus we will see Greil fall in love with Elena, perhaps in the vein of FE4's Sigurd and Dierdre love at first sight? (She would so be a priest class.) Also later on we will be able to see the scene where Greil murders everyone. How's that for a tragic Fire Emblem scene? It sure would rival the Barhara battle dear God! Plus we would see the hiring of Volke afterwards! All in all if handled correctly I would be a very happy fan.

Edited by DomesticHausCat

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the game proceeds we could watch as Greil and Zelgius' master and student relationship unfold! Plus we will see Greil fall in love with Elena, perhaps in the vein of FE4's Sigurd and Dierdre love at first sight? (She would so be a priest class.) Also later on we will be able to see the scene where Greil murders everyone. How's that for a tragic Fire Emblem scene? It sure would rival the Barhara battle dear God! Plus we would see the hiring of Volke afterwards! All in all if handled correctly I would be a very happy fan.

We could have the final boss be our main lord, Greil, as he's super charged on berserk powers you forced to take him down with the rest of your army (I think a small army cast like Fe4 would work for a game like this, and also young Titania and kid Shinon).

That could work! Perhaps the only way to beat him is to get Elena to talk to him. Or to get him to kill her? Or IS could retcon the story like you said and have the army try to kick his ass.

Alternatively the last chapter of the game could be where you play as the black knight and kill Greil in front of Ike. That would be interesting.

Ehhh... I think I'd prefer something new rather than an Awakening sequel. I think Awakening is sort of just best left well-enough alone as it is; I'd rather Intelligent just move on and create something better.

I think Ike simply doesn't understand the concept of love. He might know the definition of the word, but that isn't the same. He had no idea why Aimee was being all weird around him at first, and even after she made it obvious, he still didn't really seem to get the full picture, even in RD where Aimee almost fooled him into doing something totally embarrassing involving the two. Ike also didn't seem to understand why Elincia giggled at him once in awhile. Both of them clearly are in love with him, but Ike isn't seeing it.

But I'm not surprised. He hardly knew a mother's love, and Greil hardly seems the type who would teach his son about romance and girls. If Ike is in love, I don't think he'd realize it for awhile.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't want a Magvel sequel. I love FE8 but the story is resolved pretty well and any sequel would be so displaced that it would be pointless as a followup to FE8.

Not that I particularly want one much myself, but how do you figure? IIRC the reason Lyon was messing with dark powers in the first place was that he was desperately searching for a way to prevent a earthquake from all-but-destroying Grado in some years. The only thing I remember getting explained about it in any of the ending content was "yeah it happens and they have to deal with it." That seems like a really obvious, couldn't-be-any-more-direct hook a writer could use if they wanted. Not that I think it's particularly likely, of course.

Not that I particularly want one much myself, but how do you figure? IIRC the reason Lyon was messing with dark powers in the first place was that he was desperately searching for a way to prevent a earthquake from all-but-destroying Grado in some years. The only thing I remember getting explained about it in any of the ending content was "yeah it happens and they have to deal with it." That seems like a really obvious, couldn't-be-any-more-direct hook a writer could use if they wanted. Not that I think it's particularly likely, of course.

But how could that possibly work? At the end of the game, all the countries get along just fine with each other. And you can't wage an epic 25+ chapter war against an earthquake.

Edited by BrightBow

Massive social upheaval caused by the largest and traditionally strongest country on the continent being ripped apart, with Grado itself descending into chaos, and a refugee situation destabilizing the surrounding countries? The nobility's right to rule gets challenged by their completely failing to deal with the aftermath maybe? The earthquake could end up being a harbinger of more dark shit to come? It kinda writes itself, man

"wait so are you Renais dicks saying that you knew there was going to be a crippling earthquake here, yet your counterattack still left our government fractured and paralyzed, and you didn't even do anything to prepare to help us?"

"yeah? you dudes kinda invaded us and killed our king (and those of other countries) first, so those tough tits for your dessert sound about right then"

"..."

Edited by Rehab

Totally agree with you there Anacybele! Ike just never thinks about love on romantic terms. He just does his job and kills things, that's it.

Yeah, exactly. But if Priam is indeed Ike's direct descendant, then I wager that Ike eventually did learn and found a woman to spend his life with. I think this would've been a neat way to continue his character development. Just because he defeated a goddess doesn't mean he can't keep growing as a person.

Massive social upheaval caused by the largest and traditionally strongest country on the continent being ripped apart, with Grado itself descending into chaos, and a refugee situation destabilizing the surrounding countries? The nobility's right to rule gets challenged by their completely failing to deal with the aftermath maybe? The earthquake could end up being a harbinger of more dark shit to come? It kinda writes itself, man

"wait so are you Renais dicks saying that you knew there was going to be a crippling earthquake here, yet your counterattack still left our government fractured and paralyzed, and you didn't even do anything to prepare to help us?"

"yeah? you dudes kinda invaded us and killed our king (and those of other countries) first, so those tough tits for your dessert sound about right then"

"..."

As much as I would like to see the FE8 crowd live in (relative) peace, that does sound like a set-up I could get behind.

Still rather have an all-new game, tho.

But how could that possibly work? At the end of the game, all the countries get along just fine with each other. And you can't wage an epic 25+ chapter war against an earthquake.

I'd like to see someone try!

Yeah, exactly. But if Priam is indeed Ike's direct descendant, then I wager that Ike eventually did learn and found a woman to spend his life with. I think this would've been a neat way to continue his character development. Just because he defeated a goddess doesn't mean he can't keep growing as a person.

From a narrative perspective, yes, from a gameplay/physical challenge perspective...overthrowing governments can't help but look like spare change on the resume.

On the OP topic:

I think Awakening has been done to bits already, with the constant DLC additions and somewhat simple plot. There are not too many substantial plot points we could go on from to make a justifiable sequel (though that won't stop legions of fan fiction being written for some time, which is okay for me).

I think FE14 should be a standalone game. But first, they should finish SMT x Fire Emblem game. I would be interested in seeing how those two games would mesh together and whether they would create either a cacophony or a synergy in the end.

If I were to suggest how FE14 could be developed...

1. Do away with pair ups completely, or get enemies to pair up themselves and do dual strikes, dual guards, supports to fellow enemy units by standing next to each other etc.

2. Implement feet but I'm personally not too fussed about the lack of feet in FE13.

3. Get rid of ridiculous Lunatic + set of skills that makes you restart over and over again in the Prologue chapter before you even move your units. At least in FE12 Lunatic Reverse, I only restarted to get better levels or when a unit died, which happened fairly often with constant enemy reinforcements and uber strong wyverns obliterating my army. But I much rather prefer that kind of frustration, where I know I made a mistake, rather than a kind of empty frustration directed at the RNG goddess for giving me Vantage+, Hawkeye+ and Luna+ enemies in abundance in the Prologue chapter again.

4. More map variety. I think enough's been said about how dull some of the maps in FE13 were. And more mission variety would be nice too, instead of kill all enemies/boss.

5. Again, like most people said, quality not quantity of supports IS.

As for the story settings... might I suggest basing the next game after the crossover in a completely different world? And can we get to play the villain/anti-hero where you are fighting to expand your empire and then stuff happens to everyone which makes you either change your mind or approach?

Clearly, as evidenced above, I have no solid game ideas that isn't completely bonkers or original. I was born to be a gamer, not a games developer sadly :( and to be fair, I'd be happy to give IS my money if they would just continue with the FE series, as long as they don't completely screw it up.

From a narrative perspective, yes, from a gameplay/physical challenge perspective...overthrowing governments can't help but look like spare change on the resume.

That's why I said Ike doesn't need to be the main character anymore. He's a mercenary, which means he'll help any good people, for a reasonable price. Sometimes he probably won't even need payment, cause he's Ike and a really nice guy. I can see Ike visiting lots of places and getting hired by peasants and nobles alike. Not as many nobles as peasants obviously, but still. He and Soren and Ranulf could show up as side characters in another game. Much like a few Archanea characters appeared in FE2, if memory serves. I think I heard that somewhere, anyway.

get enemies to pair up themselves and do dual strikes, dual guards, supports to fellow enemy units by standing next to each other etc.

Surely that would make the game far much more frustrating for the player (which, presumably, is why it wasn't implemented in the first place)?

That's why I said Ike doesn't need to be the main character anymore. He's a mercenary, which means he'll help any good people, for a reasonable price. Sometimes he probably won't even need payment, cause he's Ike and a really nice guy. I can see Ike visiting lots of places and getting hired by peasants and nobles alike. Not as many nobles as peasants obviously, but still. He and Soren and Ranulf could show up as side characters in another game. Much like a few Archanea characters appeared in FE2, if memory serves. I think I heard that somewhere, anyway.

True Fe1 characters did show up in Fe2 but it wasn't Marth or Nyna or anyone actually important. The most plot relevant character who appear in Fe2 even had memory loss. If Ike showed up in another game he would either have too much focus on a plot that isn't about him (and enough people complain about him stealing the plot of Radiant Dawn as it is) or he would have such a minor role that people would be annoyed he was included at all. I say that mostly as a result of the prema death gameplay aspect of Fire Emblem. Either characters or minor or they're not. Middle grounds are hard to find (The White Wings didn't also personally slay any gods).

On the note of the FE2 cameos however, I would totally be down with someone like Ilyana or Haar getting a cameo spot on the roster if they wanted to reuse the laguz world.

Edited by Jotari

Surely that would make the game far much more frustrating for the player (which, presumably, is why it wasn't implemented in the first place)?

Lunatic and lunatic+ are both in the game and they make players frustrated though. I think having enemies team up would make for a lot of new gameplay opportunities. You could for example have a skill that could split up a pair of foes if activated.

For me I wouldn't mind getting all the rest of the Japanese only older titles remade just so their over and done with. At the same time, I wouldn't mind a comepletely new world, lore and characters. For me personally though I really want IS to do a continuation of the Elibe series, about the Scouring, go in depth with the 8 Legends y'know? Those are my two cents anyway.

Edited by ViewtifulBo

Or Gaiden

it ain't happening jedi gg no re

IS pretty much forgotten FE2 existed, I think the only reference was in one of the FE12 support conversations and Valentia/Valm exists in FE13, woo.

At least they would have a lot more freedom if they decided to remake FE2.

New world, or a remake of Judgral (granted they'd botch every mechanic that made em unique)

I think these are far more likely. I'd probably prefer a new game entirely, but if it was gonna be a FE4/5 remake, I'd like to see what they do with it.

Edited by Tryhard

it ain't happening jedi gg no re

IS pretty much forgotten FE2 existed, I think the only reference was in one of the FE12 support conversations and Valentia/Valm exists in FE13, woo.

At least they would have a lot more freedom if they decided to remake FE2.

I think these are far more likely. I'd probably prefer a new game entirely, but if it was gonna be a FE4/5 remake, I'd like to see what they do with it.

I don't think they'll remake Gaiden mostly because they just did two remakes before Awakening and it didn't go down all that well but they've hardly forgotten about it. No games heavily referenced ones outside of their universe before Awakening and the fact that Valm appears in Awakening is an extremely heavy reference. I've also heard Walhart is based on Alm if he was an antagonist. Aside from that they had the standard spot pass and DLC characters like all the other games and, much more importantly, they brought back the Dread Fighter Class. Awakeening has shown that IS are very much aware of, and probably like, Gaiden.

1. Do away with pair ups completely, or get enemies to pair up themselves and do dual strikes, dual guards, supports to fellow enemy units by standing next to each other etc.

I see this mentioned often but I don't quite get the point. The purpose of the pair up mechanic is to show the bonds between two characters by having them fight together. It makes little sense for a pair of faceless goons to use it.

And for practical purposes, it is really just Adept, Big Shield and a stat boost put together. So those bonuses can already be given to them.

Edited by BrightBow

I see this mentioned often but I don't quite get the point. The purpose of the pair up mechanic is to show the bonds between two characters by having them fight together. It makes little sense for a pair of faceless goons to use it.

And for practical purposes, it is really just Adept, Big Shield and a stat boost put together. So those bonuses can already be given to them.

Those aren't the only characteristics of it though. Killing an enemy paired with another means you still have to deal with another full health enemy depending on what it is there'd be situations where it might be best to not attack/kill a certain enemy in order to prevent taking an extra hit from the secondary enemy on the enemy phase.

They could remove Dual Guards(probably for the best) and Dual Strikes for paired enemies and it would still lead to a variety of different enemy formations even with the most basic implementation of it(if the AI didn't use the commands themselves and the enemy pairs are basically pre-set on the maps).

I think having pair up for enemies would be unnecessary frustration. The whole point of it is to show how you have an elite group of soldiers who trust each other well instead of having an army of mooks. That being said I think it might be interesting for a single chapter against enemies who would have a plot based reason to support each other so. Or maybe a tough pair of boses like Lloyd and Linus who you know have great trust in each other. Either way I think you should be able to attack both people in the pair so rescuing can function effectively as a thing. It's some what silly that a character can be just as much a beast on the battlefield with 1HP just because they have a tank standing beside them effectively making them in the safest place possible while still right in

This seems like a good thread to start rather than derailing this one.