Do you think FE 14 will be a sequel to awakening?

ClassyWolf

Nintendo had a whole thing with how the series was actually gonna be canned if Awakening didn't sell as good as it did. If the series was over they probably wouldn't have put that out there.

Yeah, I guess that's true. I just really want the series to continue, so I worry a bit too much xD

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw romantic implication. Ike has a bastard with every female character in Radiant Dawn. Ike X Michaiah Bastard. Ike X Titania Bastard. Ike X Sanaki Bastard (don't think about it). Ike X Sephiran..

Ike x Caineghis :mellow:

I love it! :awesome:

Though I think Ike x Mist is a little more disturbing than Ike x Sanaki. But let's be honest, neither is worse than Anyone x Nowi.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I meant paired/shared endings, not necessarily that the characters are romantically linked.

Ohhh. My bad.

Completely agreed. It'd be totally out of left field, but that's part of the fun of it.

Ah, true that. And I never thought Ike leaving everything behind forever was within his character either, so... :P

FE10's pairings might as well be canon, considering all those who can marry only have one option. It definitely shouldn't cause any significant uproar.

It'd caused the tons of Ike x Elincia fans to rage. xP I've met a lot of people who felt that RD really dropped the ball with those two, even if Japanese PoR didn't hint quite as much at the pairing. It just really felt like PoR threw the possibility in your face and then RD went "SIKE!" >_> IS might have originally planned to put the two together, but later changed their minds, yet left bits and pieces in anyway, leading to NoA adding more hints because they might have thought IS still intended to pair the two. This could be why IS gave Ike a descendant, but never specified who he married or even if Priam is actually from Mist's line. They might have realized they messed up and decided "aw hell, let's give Ike a descendant and let the fans use their imaginations."

I also suppose I really hate the idea of Geoffrey x Elincia being canon myself. I guess I could accept if the marriage was done for political reasons rather than love, but besides that, yeah. Anything else I wouldn't be real upset about, even though I only actually ship like two of RD's available pairings (Naesala x Leanne and Haar x Jill).

Edited by Anacybele

They pretty much canonized the entire Fe4 cast with Fe5 and then backed up most of those decisions with the mangas.

FE5 canonized the existence of kids-- specifically, the existence of the children of Raquesis, Fury/Lewyn, Sylvia, Briggid, and Tiltyu. Maybe references to the kids of Ayra and Aideen got omitted from FireLizard's translation because I don't recall those kids even getting a passing reference like Tinny did. It also "canonized" Saias as the kid of Arvis/Aida.

But the pairings, Fury/Lewyn aside, got left wide open, and the manga adaptations do not in fact agree on pairings:

Oosawa manga does Lex/Ayra. Fujimori manga has Holyn/Ayra. Oosawa manga has Finn/Raquesis. Fujimori manga has Lex/Raquesis (which isn't even predestined by any stretch of the term). And so on. I'd say IS really has gone out of its way to keep the FE4 pairings from being dubbed canon except when it comes to Lewyn's kids. Hell, that 20th anniversary artbook even spotlit the issue just to say "the kids are fathered by whoever you want them to be."

I don't see them changing course on that re: Awakening, given they've kept it up for so long.

Isn't there a Beowolf Sword confirming some of his children. And another pairing that implies adultery that you can't even do in the game. I haven't played Fe5 so I can only go on what I've heard.

Edited by Jotari

Nanna calls Finn her father. I hear people say she could have been adopted by him but Nanna's close friend, Mareeta has a significant role in the story being dedicated to being adopted by Evayle whereas Nanna just straight up calls Finn 'father'. Delmud and Fergus can use the Beo Sword. Only those two can use it but what seals the deal is Fergus being hinted to be the son of Beowulf in his ending.

Beowul being the father of Delmud while Finn being the father of Nanna. All that remains is for the game to out right state it out loud. But there are more than enough hints to support this theory over the others.

It's not a case of adultery either. If Nanna is a year younger than Leif, then she would have been concieved/born after the Belhalla incident, which is after Beowulf died while Raquesis fled to Leonster where Finn was. There is only a single line where Beowulf comments on Raquesis' true feelings while having mentioned Finn in passing in a previous sentence. Personally, that line seemed to be refering to her feelings for her brother Eldigan. Raquesis having feelings for Eldigan is canon if we go Ares and Nanna's lover conversation.

It'd caused the tons of Ike x Elincia fans to rage. xP I've met a lot of people who felt that RD really dropped the ball with those two, even if Japanese PoR didn't hint quite as much at the pairing. It just really felt like PoR threw the possibility in your face and then RD went "SIKE!" >_> IS might have originally planned to put the two together, but later changed their minds, yet left bits and pieces in anyway, leading to NoA adding more hints because they might have thought IS still intended to pair the two. This could be why IS gave Ike a descendant, but never specified who he married or even if Priam is actually from Mist's line. They might have realized they messed up and decided "aw hell, let's give Ike a descendant and let the fans use their imaginations."

I think you're putting far too much emphasis on the pairing aspect just for nullifying the posibility of another Tellius game. Not to mention you're painting the entirety of IkexElincia fans as these rabid fangirls who put the pairing above all else. I know there's some IkexElincia fans out there who like GeoffreyxElincia and even accept it as canon.

Also not a fan of you referring to IkexElincia not happening as "IS messed up". For all we know, it was planned like that from the beginning.

@Ana I was so pissed at no Ike x Elincia too. It was pretty heavily implied and then completely ignored. And it was even worse because his leaving really does seem out of character.

As for Geof, I was a bit surprised by it, like with Mist and Boyd (was expecting Mist x Rolf), but I don't have any issues with it.

RJW beat me to it. Thracia canonizes all the parents of the children it addresses except Corple. The rest are irrelevant to the story so there's really no point in discussing it in-game.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I think you're putting far too much emphasis on the pairing aspect just for nullifying the posibility of another Tellius game. Not to mention you're painting the entirety of IkexElincia fans as these rabid fangirls who put the pairing above all else. I know there's some IkexElincia fans out there who like GeoffreyxElincia and even accept it as canon.

I never said ALL the Ike x Elincia fans would rage. I said a lot of them would. That's not describing the "entirety." :P

And of course there are also fans who like both pairings. I never denied that.

I think they went into the game intentionally not hooking Ike up with Elincia. They we're trying to subvert the whole noble lord marries the female lead by making Ike a commoner and having him leave at the end.

It's not a case of adultery either. If Nanna is a year younger than Leif, then she would have been concieved/born after the Belhalla incident, which is after Beowulf died while Raquesis fled to Leonster where Finn was. There is only a single line where Beowulf comments on Raquesis' true feelings while having mentioned Finn in passing in a previous sentence. Personally, that line seemed to be refering to her feelings for her brother Eldigan. Raquesis having feelings for Eldigan is canon if we go Ares and Nanna's lover conversation.

Well regardless of whether it was adultery or not, having two children with different fathers isn't a pairing you can have in game so they kind of went out of the box on that one.

Edited by Jotari

IS might have originally planned to put the two together, but later changed their minds, yet left bits and pieces in anyway, leading to NoA adding more hints because they might have thought IS still intended to pair the two.

Doubtful. Given this was the game they wanted to make, and the level of detail in the foreshadowing, the plots of both games were most likely created as one plot. This game breaks all their traditions. Ike is an atypical protagonist, Elincia has an atypical plotline, it makes sense (and fits their character) that they'd have an atypical relationship.

Isn't there a Beowolf Sword confirming some of his children. And another pairing that implies adultery that you can't even do in the game. I haven't played Fe5 so I can only go on what I've heard.

Beowulf/Finn/Lachesis is the pairing, with Nanna being Finn's child and Delmud being Beowulf's. Being able to use adultery like that in FE4 would been useful. Elite/Wrath for everyone!

Nanna calls Finn her father. I hear people say she could have been adopted by him but Nanna's close friend, Mareeta has a significant role in the story being dedicated to being adopted by Evayle whereas Nanna just straight up calls Finn 'father'. Delmud and Fergus can use the Beo Sword. Only those two can use it but what seals the deal is Fergus being hinted to be the son of Beowulf in his ending.

Beowul being the father of Delmud while Finn being the father of Nanna. All that remains is for the game to out right state it out loud. But there are more than enough hints to support this theory over the others.

I like this theory very much and I subscribe to it in terms of the personal feelings I term "my headcanon." The artbook still says that Nanna calls Finn "father" because he raised her and that the biological father of Raquesis's kids can be whoever the player chooses out of FE4's contenders-- Beo, Dew, Finn, Noish, Claude, whomever. As far as I can tell that's their most recent word on the matter, and it's the kind of "canon is whatever you want it to be" dodge that lines up perfectly with the way they've handled FE13.

And yes, the Ares/Nanna conversation pretty much implies that Raquesis had regrets about her marriage regardless of which (un?)lucky guy married her.

I still agree with what Bottlegnomes said on the Ike x Elincia thing. If they weren't intending for it to happen, why all the implications? Even if NoA alone was responsible for some of them, IS still had a hand in it by making such things as that PoR ending cutscene.

Also, I meant to say that IS started with the intention of doing Ike x Elincia, but later decided to stray from that tradition and then continue planning both games. I wasn't specific enough on this, so my bad.

Edited by Anacybele

I still agree with what Bottlegnomes said on the Ike x Elincia thing. If they weren't intending for it to happen, why all the implications?

This happens all the time in fiction. IkexElincia has pretty tame implications compared to many other couples that went from "Writer's favorite pairing" to "It was never meant to be".

Does anybody remember when Digimon 01 was all the rage? Remember when there was no way TaixSora wasn't canon?

This happens all the time in fiction. IkexElincia has pretty tame implications compared to many other couples that went from "Writer's favorite pairing" to "It was never meant to be".

Does anybody remember when Digimon 01 was all the rage? Remember when there was no way TaixSora wasn't canon?

That was a thing? I know TK x Kari, especially in gen 2, but Tai x Sora?

Anyway, I think part of where I got the implication was in Shinon's whole drunken thing when he mentions it to Ike. Ike doesn't exactly deny it, and I don't mean in the he doth protest too much denial sense. Then again, it's been literally years since I paid attention to the script.

Well, personally, I hate when stuff like that happens...

And the Shinon scene is another big one, though I don't know if he also accuses Ike of being in love with Elincia in the Japanese version. But it was funny nonetheless lol, and no, Ike doesn't deny it. He doesn't confirm it either, he just changes the subject. As if he didn't WANT to reveal whether or not he was in love. lol And usually, people don't just go shouting their feelings for someone out of the blue.

Another big one for me was Elincia's deathquotes in RD. In the chapter where Ike's group and Geoffrey's group have to protect her from that asshat Valtome, she tells Ike to look after Crimea if she dies. And Geoffrey is present. But she tells IKE to look after Crimea. She basically made a declaration that Ike is her successor. If she doesn't trust Geoffrey with the throne as much as she would trust it with Ike, she doesn't love Geoffrey. The other deathquote is her quote in Part 4 endgame. She says "my noble Ike, all your plans..." She speaks of Ike as if he's her man. And like the narrator at the end of PoR said, he's her noble hero. She never mentions Geoffrey in any of her deathquotes either. Ike gets the most mentions. And if I was dying and in love, I'd mention the man I love in my final words.

Welp, I guess IkexDeadElincia is canon then.

@bottlegnomes Yeah, I clearly remember Tai x Sora having a HUGE fandom back when Digimon 01 was around. There were fandoms for nearly every pairing, but Tai x Sora was easily one of the most vocal.

Edited by Jave

Another big one for me was Elincia's deathquotes in RD. In the chapter where Ike's group and Geoffrey's group have to protect her from that asshat Valtome, she tells Ike to look after Crimea if she dies. And Geoffrey is present. But she tells IKE to look after Crimea. She basically made a declaration that Ike is her successor.

Eh. A whole passel of noble ladies leave their thrones to Marth and he's not a marriage option for any of them. Not Nyna, not Minerva, not Minerva's sister Maria...

Haha, Jave, that actually made me laugh. lol

I never watched much Digimon, so I wouldn't know about any pairing fandoms there.

We're kind of getting off topic though. If there's another game in the Tellius world, I want it to be about a land Ike arrives in and explores. That's what my fanfic revolves around, so of course I dig the idea. I even created another love interest for him that would appear in a second version of it (since Elincia obviously his woman in the one I'm writing). :P

Edited by Anacybele

And let's face. Why would Sora choose Tai when Matt has hair like that. (Though in all seriousness It baffles me why so many people insist on shipping such young characters when there is absolutely no sub text).

Though I would say that all those things Elincia says and does aren't necessary indicative of love or a desire to marry. Ike is clearly a very important person to Elincia. He is her hero in a very literal sense but that doesn't make him her man. They took back her land together. He was the one that helped her and the people know it. Ike is special and Elincia probably does love him but it really doesn't have to be in any sort of carnal or political fashion. Many people have very important friends of the opposite sex but that making them couple material.

Edited by Jotari