Does anyone else solo part 2 chapter 3 with Geoffrey?

In 2-3 I always do a solo with Marcia. This chapter is the mainreason, why she always ends up #1. I just have to decoy the two warrirors with the crossbow with someone else. This chapter is so easy, that everybody except for Astrid could do a solo. If you only use Geoffrey, you have to pay attention for the paladin with the horseslayer (not on easy mode).

I use a certain trick that involves the use of NPCs, for a pacifist clear (or at least, kill the least enemies possible). The characters' experience gain isn't very good, anyway. Might as well just aim for great BEXP gain.

Personally, I'd rather just focus on the characters who I'm actually going to use (Geoff's too high leveled that he only gets 2 Exp (with Paragon) on most of the enemies, and thus it'd be a total waste to give the entire level's worth to him, particularly considering he doesn't even get to merge with the Greil Mercenaries late in part 3). (BEXP? What's that? In all seriousness, though, pacifism just ain't my thing - if the enemy gets in the way, they die. It's simple as that.)

Personally, I'd rather just focus on the characters who I'm actually going to use (Geoff's too high leveled that he only gets 2 Exp (with Paragon) on most of the enemies, and thus it'd be a total waste to give the entire level's worth to him, particularly considering he doesn't even get to merge with the Greil Mercenaries late in part 3). (BEXP? What's that? In all seriousness, though, pacifism just ain't my thing - if the enemy gets in the way, they die. It's simple as that.)

In 2-3 you can get 10000 bexp. on easy, normal mode (the half on hard), if 50 enemies survive (200/100 bexp. for each enemy). So it would be a nice bounty, if you let many enemies as possible alive. Most first tier units do not bring any exp. anyway.

In 2-3 you can get 10000 bexp. on easy, normal mode (the half on hard), if 50 enemies survive (200/100 bexp. for each enemy). So it would be a nice bounty, if you let many enemies as possible alive. Most first tier units do not bring any exp. anyway.

Which means absolutely nothing to me, as I don't think it's worth the hassle, nor does it even come close to justifying said hassle. It doesn't help I think pacifism and FE just don't mix.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Which means absolutely nothing to me, as I don't think it's worth the hassle, nor does it even come close to justifying said hassle. It doesn't help I think pacifism and FE just don't mix.

I agree with this entirely. Even though the Tellius games let you unequip your weapons without trading them/sending them to the convoy, the inability to pass through enemy units does not lend itself to pacifism, especially on a map like 2-3, with a bajillionty trillion enemies.

On topic; I use all of my units when I play through 2-3, but solo'ing with somebody does seem like fun. Maybe I'll try that the next time I play through FE10; maybe I could finally use Makalov...

I usually just do funnel-routing to get someone like Kieran or Marcia high up. In special playthroughs I usually go pacifist though to rack up BEXP for other units not in that party.

• 2 weeks later...