My pairing, I need your opinion

So, I pick this game about three weeks and so far i have an issue with the pairing system. and after researching the internet i came up with this pairing. is this pairing good? decent? bad? etc? i need your opinion

post-11095-0-06259000-1397314749_thumb.jpg

There's no need to optimize on your first playthrough, but whatever floats your boat. Everything seems pretty standard, though Kellam!Nah is better than Vaike!Nah. Vaike gives the mercenary tree, which isn't great on a tanky unit like Nah, and Kellam's mods complement her better, making her pretty much immortal combined with manakete's defence boost.

There's no need to optimize on your first playthrough, but whatever floats your boat. Everything seems pretty standard, though Kellam!Nah is better than Vaike!Nah. Vaike gives the mercenary tree, which isn't great on a tanky unit like Nah, and Kellam's mods complement her better, making her pretty much immortal combined with manakete's defence boost.

Yeah,i have a habit to optimize my first playthrough and have fun later, so beside Vaike!Nah, all of this pairing is pretty decent huh

It is almost impossible to say, which is the best pairing.

In generel I tend to pair up tanky and powerful units like Nowi or Kellam with faster units to get boosts in speed. It makes both units more balanced.

And I like to pair up non mounted units with mounted units, so that non mounted units are more mobile. But this is just my preference.

I like most of the supports except for Vaike + Nah, because they got similar boosts. They got very high strength and defense, but they are kind of slow and got a bad resistance.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach

It is almost impossible to say, which is the best pairing.

In generel I tend to pair up tanky and powerful units like Nowi or Kellam with faster units to get boosts in speed. It makes both units more balanced.

And I like to pair up non mounted units with mounted units, so that non mounted units are more mobile. But this is just my preference.

I like most of the supports except for Vaike + Nah, because they got similar boosts. They got very high strength and defense, but they are kind of slow and got a bad resistance.

I would pair up Chrom with Nowi and Vaike with Olivia. So that Olivia get boosts in strength and defense, Vaike in speed, Chrom in strength and defense and Nowi in speed.

what i meant by pairing was marriage, is it diffrent?

Gregor x Panne: Good mods, but Barbarian class overlapped. Yarne doesn't need Gregor's Vantage on postgame, but someone else does. At these two points Frederick is better.

Frederick x Sumia: Bad mods on Magic and Speed, but Frederick is the only father except MU to give Cynthia Deliverer, which makes her movement insane. If you don't care about boosting Cynthia's movement, then Henry is better.

Ricken x Miriel: Generally, Laurent is one of the children who cares about Vantage. But since you have married Lucina with MU, your Laurent doesn't need it at all. So it's OK on your situation.

I would pair up Chrom with Nowi and Vaike with Olivia.

It's impossible. Edited by MelonGx

Gregor x Panne: Good mods, but Barbarian class overlapped. Yarne doesn't need Gregor's Vantage on postgame, but someone else does. At these two points Frederick is better.

Frederick x Sumia: Bad mods on Magic and Speed, but Frederick is the only father except MU to give Cynthia Deliverer, which makes her movement insane. If you don't care about boosting Cynthia's movement, then Henry is better.

Ricken x Miriel: Generally, Laurent is one of the children who cares about Vantage. But since you have married Lucina with MU, your Laurent doesn't need it at all. So it's OK on your situation.

It's impossible.

well i think i like my Henry with Maribelle, how about Stahl x Sumia, Frederick x Panne, and Gregor x Cherche?

Edited by posthumus77

well i think i like my Henry with Maribelle, how about Stahl x Sumia, Frederick x Panne, and Gregor x Cherche?

Stahl x Sumia is impossible.

If you don't want to modify Henry x Maribelle, then keep the 3 pairs I mentioned is OK.

what i meant by pairing was marriage, is it diffrent?

It influences the skills of the child. You can get so many A-supports as possbile, if the units can support.

I would pair up Chrom with Nowi and Vaike with Olivia. So that Olivia get boosts in strength and defense, Vaike in speed, Chrom in strength and defense and Nowi in speed.

Keep in mind Sumia has a limited support pool, and can only marry Gaius, Fred, Henry, Gaius, and Chrom. Henry!Cynthia is without doubt the best Cynthia, but if you really insist on henry fathering brady, your next best bet would be chrom for aether access, but Inigo is also optimized by having Chrom as a father, so honestly, I would just keep Fred!Cynthia. Gregor!Cherche is also very good, and gives Gerome Axefaire, making him a very strong support unit. Frederick!Panne is not that great considering Yarne's capabilities as a strong berserker. None of Fred!Yarne's skills really stand out other than luna, which can be inherited by Stahl (who also gives better offensive mods).

Edited by shed

well i think i like my Henry with Maribelle

Not a particularly bad pairing, but Henry doesn't have very high strength, and Maribelle has ridiculously low strength, so you may want to use a character with a high strength stat, such as Frederick, Kellam, or Stahl.

Not a particularly bad pairing, but Henry doesn't have very high strength, and Maribelle has ridiculously low strength, so you may want to use a character with a high strength stat, such as Frederick, Kellam, or Stahl.

... What. Why would you give Brady strength? He's a Sage, no matter what.

Keep in mind Sumia has a limited support pool, and can only marry Gaius, Fred, Henry, Gaius, and Chrom.

ah yes i forgot about that XD.and about panne, did she have a good potential husband?

i might consider this

ah yes i forgot about that XD.and about panne, did she have a good potential husband?

She is generally paired with Fred.

i might consider this

Don't. She has a terrible -3 str mod to deal with, which pretty much destroys all hope of Brady being physical. Even after having Fred as his father, Brady will have a +0 str mod, but a +1 Mag mod. Even while screwing him over, you still give him only potential as a Mage. Hell, even Vaike can only even it out to a mutual +1. Henry gives him a +4 mag mod, along with a nice +4 skill.

tl;dr: Just don't.

Edited by Gaia

...And you're recommending this why? What's Strength going to do for Brady, given that with his mother having a -3 mod in said stat, you likely won't get any real mileage out of Brady going physical?

Keep in mind Sumia has a limited support pool, and can only marry Gaius, Fred, Henry, Gaius, and Chrom. Henry!Cynthia is without doubt the best Cynthia, but if you really insist on henry fathering brady, your next best bet would be chrom for aether access, but Inigo is also optimized by having Chrom as a father, so honestly, I would just keep Fred!Cynthia. Gregor!Cherche is also very good, and gives Gerome Axefaire, making him a very strong support unit. Frederick!Panne is not that great considering Yarne's capabilities as a strong berserker. None of Fred!Yarne's skills really stand out other than luna, which can be inherited by Stahl (who also gives better offensive mods).

That's absurd.

Chrom!Cynthia has the coveted Aether+Luna combo, along with natural Galeforce/Tomefaire/Sage. All Henry gives is +1 Mag and Anathema without hurting her Spd, but Aether is a lot better than Anathema (Henry's still far and away her best second choice). Frederick, meanwhile, is easily Yarne's best father, he gives him perfect mods and the option to run both Str+2 and Swordbreaker, and doesn't hurt anything Yarne cares about. He's not even in high demand elsewhere.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

That's absurd.

Chrom!Cynthia has the coveted Aether+Luna combo, along with natural Galeforce/Tomefaire/Sage. All Henry gives is +1 Mag and Anathema without hurting her Spd, but Aether is a lot better than Anathema (Henry's still far and away her best second choice). Frederick, meanwhile, is easily Yarne's best father, he gives him perfect mods and the option to run both Str+2 and Swordbreaker, and doesn't hurt anything Yarne cares about. He's not even in high demand elsewhere.

Sorry, probably should have phrased that better. I meant that in context of the whole game, I believe Henry!Cynthia is a stronger option than Chrom!Cynthia because Chrom's man seed is highly contested by Olivia and Sumia, since the OP's using MaMU. Chrom!Inigo is much better than most, if not all the other Inigos, while the gap between Chrom!Cynthia and Henry!Cynthia is not nearly as big. I'll will, however, admit your point on Yarne, Swordbreaker and a bit extra skill would be very useful on an inaccurate class like berserker. I still believe that in an optimized setting, Henry!Cynthia is a better option than Chrom!Cynthia when taking other pairings into account.

Edited by shed

If the reason for Henry x Sumia is that Chrom's already taken, it should be by Maribelle and not Olivia. Chrom!Inigo is practically the same as Stahl!Inigo minus RK and with different mods (1 more Str, 1 less Spd), and Inigo can also work well with Ricken or Libra as parents. Maribelle!Lucina, on the other hand, is the best magical support in the game, and Brady doesn't care who his father is.

Sorry, probably should have phrased that better. I meant that in context of the whole game, I believe Henry!Cynthia is a stronger option than Chrom!Cynthia because Chrom's man seed is highly contested by Olivia and Sumia, since the OP's using MaMU. Chrom!Inigo is much better than most, if not all the other Inigos, while the gap between Chrom!Cynthia and Henry!Cynthia is not nearly as big. I'll will, however, admit your point on Yarne, Swordbreaker and a bit extra skill would be very useful on an inaccurate class like berserker. I still believe that in an optimized setting, Henry!Cynthia is a better option than Chrom!Cynthia when taking other pairings into account.

Chrom!Inigo is almost the same as Stahl!Inigo, just getting one point of SPD over one point of STR. Also RFK is lackluster when you already have Gale+Astra+Luna+Aggro+Break as a setup.

you got that wrong (oh god DR stop tainting me)

Sol exists

If the reason for Henry x Sumia is that Chrom's already taken, it should be by Maribelle and not Olivia. Chrom!Inigo is practically the same as Stahl!Inigo minus RK and with different mods (1 more Str, 1 less Spd), and Inigo can also work well with Ricken or Libra as parents. Maribelle!Lucina, on the other hand, is the best magical support in the game, and Brady doesn't care who his father is.

I've actually never seen people recommend Stahl!Inigo despite my having run it my first playthrough. I usually see people just go for Chrom!Inigo anyways because it supposedly makes Lucina better?

Olivia's main draw for Lucina is Myrmidon (Vantage/Swordfaire). The other two reasons I see Chrom x Olivia recommended are that it's required to get three RK+Lethality units for Streetpass, and that it's the easiest (albeit most tedious) way to break Lunatic(+) without DLC. I personally like it for efficiency playthroughs because if I use it alongside an Avatar pairing with someone who has a son, I can get two second gen pairs from only two first gen pairs, but that doesn't matter in a minmax run.

I'm honestly not that fond of any of Stahl's pairings myself, he works on a lot of units but I always feel like there's someone better for whatever he's trying to do at the time.