Most likely Text Editing Problems

Shamison

Did you make edits in FEditor after nightmare? In other words, did you save in FEditor before ANYTHING else?

If not, then try restarting on a clean ROM.

(This happens to me every time I start a practice hack and forget to save in FEditor first. I believe it has something to do with autopatches, but don't quote me on that.

I'm not even sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but it's worth a try, I guess.)

Oh that's what happened. So if I start over on a new rom save in FEditor first thing then nightmare and event assemble it will work?

I hope; that's how it fixed for me.

you need to put line breaks in otherwise the game reads it as one long line

observe existing examples of text to see how the game does it.

natural script formatter calculates line breaks for you

I mean it doesn't do it correctly because it sets the width of each character to 1 and the screen width to something arbitrary like 32 instead of using the actual pixel widths of the characters and the pixel width of the screen, but it does work fairly well. I think I measured the maximum number of Ws that would fit or something as a temporary solution but you're welcome to measure the pixel widths of all of the characters of the font and udpate FEditor's code to be correct.