Simple Nightmare Question

TytoCorvus

Hey, i've been getting aquainted with Nightmare and am comfortable with the procedure you use to change a units stats and inventory (having used it several times successfully on Seth while testing in the Prologue) but when i attempted to alter Moulders level and starting items it wouldn't work.

I looked through the Chapter Unit list in the Ch. 2 Unit editor and Moulder showed up twice on the list. Originally i thought this was an issue but even after altering them both nothing happens. He still shows up at the beginning of the chapter at level 3 with his Heal staff and Vulnerary.

Am i doing something wrong?

After looking into the Event Assembler a little more and disassembling the chapter already edited with Nightmare, the game files show still the Guiding Ring i gave to Moulder but even after i assemble the chapter nothing has changed. This is the unit data for Moulder at the beginning of Chapter 2 after i edited it:

UNIT 0x5 0x45 0x0 0x18 [1,0] 0b 0x0 0x1 0x8B4264 [0x4B,0x68,0x45,0x0] [0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0]

where 4B is a heal staff, 68 is a Guiding Ring and 45 is Flux. It's still showing him with just Heal and a Vulnerary. The only thing i can think of is perhaps Moulder wasn't initially created here and instead at the cutscene at the end of Chapter 1, and so the game is remembering him as the way he was from then. Thoughts?

After looking into the Event Assembler a little more and disassembling the chapter already edited with Nightmare, the game files show still the Guiding Ring i gave to Moulder but even after i assemble the chapter nothing has changed. This is the unit data for Moulder at the beginning of Chapter 2 after i edited it:

UNIT 0x5 0x45 0x0 0x18 [1,0] 0b 0x0 0x1 0x8B4264 [0x4B,0x68,0x45,0x0] [0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0]

where 4B is a heal staff, 68 is a Guiding Ring and 45 is Flux. It's still showing him with just Heal and a Vulnerary. The only thing i can think of is perhaps Moulder wasn't initially created here and instead at the cutscene at the end of Chapter 1, and so the game is remembering him as the way he was from then. Thoughts?

Your theory is most likely correct, since him and Vanessa both appear in the unit menu on the world map prior. So yeah, might be a good idea to check out the end of Chapter 1 and looking for Moulder there.

Hmm I have changed everyone's classes and by extension their items a couple times now with only nightmare and never had a problem with Moulder. First what exactly did you change? Second which modules have you used?

And the cutscene data is different. For example I changed Seth to a fleet. If I didn't change the cutscene he was a paladin but once the chapter started he was a fleet. So that shouldn't be the problem.

probably because it's a line copied out of a disassembled script (EA doesn't back-apply macros)

I thought he had the source (since that's what I suggested) but I guess he just disassembled it instead of preparing something to be assembled.

Maybe it should back-apply maros

EA should have a namespace system so these things can be treated as distinct enum types instead of just integers.

Something like this

http://www.cplusplus.com/

Edited by Kaname