I Can't Believe It's not SFMM4! - Game Over

BBM

Maybe it's because I'm biased towards myself (the greatest Mafia player of all time), but I don't really get your associative reads regarding me and Iris? Well, the rereading thing makes sense, because I tend not to read my scumbuddies because /effort. But like why would I not want her to claim yesterday if she was going to claim at the beginning of today anyways? It'd be pointless.

Iris didn't say anything about planning to claim ED2. So unless you've just slipped that she said this in scumchat yesterday, the logic in this defense doesn't hold.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see... Night didn't go well obviously... Losing both the 1-shot and the hated doc AND the hooker sucks...

Phoenix doesn't seem to have any particularly strong reads before she got turboed by clipse in D1, so that's that.

Both of the killed Eurykins and Bearclaw have suspicions on Poly/Iris/FFM. Both seem pretty convinced in their reads, so it's probable that both are removed to hold off a vote... or to throw suspicion on these three. To be honest, since I also have a pretty strong scumread on FFM myself, I tend to be leaning more to the former. (more explanation below)

Anyway, listpost:

Poly: Not THAT much content D1, but he did say he's moving or something. His slight back-and-forth between defending FFM and being suspicious of him feels slight off to me however. Might be just gut feeling, but possibly a scum!reaction of trying to distance themselves from a teammate that's getting too much attention.

TOTS: Any further clarification on this night action of yours? I'm mostly interested on the circumstances of its failure and that latter part you mention about using it in the future. Otherwise, neutral slightly leaning town atm.

Will do more in a bit, back in 30 or so.

By any chance were you targeting me? Most actions that target me will fail due to my role.

I can confirm this, yeah. That's really annoying. ;/

@eclipse: WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

I believe you're town because of your role, but I think turbolynching pheonix was a bad idea. You defended, in my eyes, the scummiest player in my game and ended up getting our doc lynched instead. We weren't going to universal loss, so the only reason you used your power was to redirect a FFM lynch to someone else. Who claimed a defender role which wasn't countered at all.

Reading my own posts, I didn't realize I was tunneling as hard as I was. That makes things extra awkward considering I was calling out Eurykins for tunneling. Note to self: Post Preview.

ALSO I GAVE A VIG SHOT OUT LAST NIGHT. I'm announcing this, because it's not apparent from the item [it's a medkit] I gave. Not outing the person for obvious reasons. Also if the person I gave the vig shot to turns out to be scum, then Iris for Town!LVP.

Just from this there are some people I could assume don't have the vig shot, ie Elieson and Euklyd.

Darros- To make a short story even shorter, fuck all. All he's done is tunnel in on the most popular scumread, list off a bunch of inactives as secondary scumreads, and then disappear at the end of the phase. It definitely comes across as playing it too safe, which makes sense from Scum!Darros' PoV considering eclipse mentioned he was mislynched a lot as town. Definitely would still vote.

I told you in skypechat I was working a 11 hour shift at work. From Day 1 the problem was I wasn't getting a solid scumread off of anyone who was decently active, except for FFM, who was just way off the charts in scumminess. I guess that made it harder to focus on other people for me, because the red flags were there and waving frantically.

FFM- He's been acting scummy the whole game, but it's so fucking obvious that it really annoys me. Honestly, it'd save me a lot of trouble if he got vigged, but unfortunately I'll have to recommend Kopfjager over him (but if there's another vigilante/SK, they should definitely do it).

The problem I have here is that people ((notably bearclaw but I have got this vibe from others)) seem to be very dismissive of FFM because "wow FFM is too obvious so therefore he isn't scum"

Going to read into Poly next, because GP did bring up a good point WRT him. Other people I'm somewhat bothered by are eclipse and Shinori, as pretty much every player considered them obvious town yesterday and...they didn't die. Unless bearclaw/Eurykins crumbed their roles and I missed it, I see no reason for why they'd be killed over eclipse/Shinori (well, from scum's PoV). Also someone else post dammit.

I think eclipse is still obv!town, shinori I have no idea and I wouldnt say its obvious. I don't see eclipse's power being anything the mafia would have. The people who died seemed fairly townie though by consensus, bearclaw definitely did. Maybe the obv!town vibe you were getting weren't as strong to the mafia.

Reading ISOs: The people who didn't seem to agree that Shinori was obv!town were just Iris and FFM.I see almost nothing on eclipse.

Right now I'm really doubting Refa's townieness due to his case on Pheonix yesterday, he seemed to really jump the opportunity to make Pheonix seem scummy, then Pheonix of course flips town. No one seems to have acknowleged this yet today.

TOTS: Any further clarification on this night action of yours? I'm mostly interested on the circumstances of its failure and that latter part you mention about using it in the future. Otherwise, neutral slightly leaning town atm.

It took me a minute to realize TOTS was me. The only message I got was that it failed, and that it wont be able to work until further notice. In the thread FFM, who I targeted, said that his role will cause most actions used on him to fail. I'm a watcher, with the unfortunate side effect of not knowing my results until a night later, and I was going to see who FFM was targeting. I definitely know my action failed though, I was told explicitly.

I don't feel comfortable placing a vote on any one person right now, though I'm still leaning on FFM scum. I'm heading to bed shortly.

If Darros targeted me with his Tracker ability, I'm going to assume that he's town. That is, if he's telling the truth.

Will give some reads later.

watcher ability right, also have to agree with this, what kind of scum would go and target his scumread? seems more like townie play imo.Scum are usually killer type roles or antitown roles and watcher does not sound like an anti town role from what I have seen. Plus the clarification from FFM that his role will indeed block most actions I believe makes sense. Dallas is definitely leaning town to me if he is telling the truth.

Town Watchers don't target scum reads...

silly darros, why did you get me mixed up with tracker and watcher, I guess darros got them mixed up as well but just to clarify are you tracker or watcher Darros? also curious about your response to GP's last statement about you.

Oh, so you're Darros, TOTS? Lost track of all the namechanges, sorry. XD

Iris: I have to second her statement that scum!Eclipse likely wouldn't have pushed so hard for a lynch, but I still find her pretty suspicious, both from being one of the overlapping suspicions of our dead last night, and due to that last-minute change to phoenix yesterday. Granted, I might be biased since I'm still more convinced that FFM is the better target...

Refa: Contributed a decent amount... Current play seems pretty much like his town!play, so I'm leaning town atm.

GP: The Beloved claim is pretty hard to prove without big risk on the town's part, but if she's maf, I don't see why she would claim this so early in day one, since if I were here I'd probably save it for later. Leaning to trust her for now.

Elie: I can't speak too much about him since a lot of my opinions happen to mirror his, slightly leaning town because of that.

Junko: Notable improvement from his first game a while ago... Also slight town leaning on him.

Off for a bit again, rest coming up soon.

Euklyd: Has been less active than what I'd expect out of him, but IIRC it's his finals around this time of the year, so that's excuseable. Other than that, I don't see anything particularly damning or relieving from him... nullread atm.

Shinori: FFM sleeping during Day 1 End is not really surprising since the day end is around... 3 AM his time since IIRC he's in the same timezone as I am. Otherwise, Shinori seems pretty consistent so far read-wise and good content-wise. Leaning Town.

Eclipse: I would like an explanation on WHY you turboed Phoenix over FFM. What I think will likely depend a lot on your reply.

FFM: Has given me scumvibes since day 1, and to be honest, I haven't changed my mind off you. The knowledge that we even have a town hooker makes me more confident that you're likely scum. Would Lynch/10.

TL,DR Version:

Lynch Priority: FFM > Poly > Everyone Else

Explanation needed from: Eclipse.

##Lynch: FrostyFireMage

silly darros, why did you get me mixed up with tracker and watcher, I guess darros got them mixed up as well but just to clarify are you tracker or watcher Darros? also curious about your response to GP's last statement about you.

I meant tracker, I cannot get those two straight for the life of me. And which post did you mean when you said "the last statement", I can only find the one that says "Agreed." I'm on mobile for the second I'm on so I can't ctrl

If Darros targeted me with his Tracker ability, I'm going to assume that he's town. That is, if he's telling the truth.

Will give some reads later.

Darros claimed watcher, not tracker.

Right now I'm really doubting Refa's townieness due to his case on Pheonix yesterday, he seemed to really jump the opportunity to make Pheonix seem scummy, then Pheonix of course flips town. No one seems to have acknowleged this yet today.

I have. Your case is essentially the same as mine.

silly darros, why did you get me mixed up with tracker and watcher, I guess darros got them mixed up as well but just to clarify are you tracker or watcher Darros?

I don't understand the confusion; Darros explicitly claimed one-day-belated watcher. FFM is the one who called him a tracker.

Scum are usually killer type roles or antitown roles and watcher does not sound like an anti town role from what I have seen. Plus the clarification from FFM that his role will indeed block most actions I believe makes sense. Dallas is definitely leaning town to me if he is telling the truth.

From what I know, watcher is typically town-exclusive. But FFM's role isn't, and regardless, a confirmation from him indicates nothing about alignment.

Darros, I'd like you to answer two questions.

1) Considering Eurykins' role (compulsively tunnels the same person to death) and the fact that no other player has claimed blocked, do you believe that she targeted you?

2) Why did you claim?

I meant tracker, I cannot get those two straight for the life of me. And which post did you mean when you said "the last statement", I can only find the one that says "Agreed." I'm on mobile for the second I'm on so I can't ctrl

I'm actually not sure what Junko means, either.

Why did you feel the need to claim at this time, though?

FFM: Has given me scumvibes since day 1, and to be honest, I haven't changed my mind off you. The knowledge that we even have a town hooker makes me more confident that you're likely scum. Would Lynch/10.

-"Have"?

-Also, I don't see how the existence of a hooker incriminates FFM. . . am I missing something?

Well, "Had".

An ability that messes up people targeting him/her, cancelling their ability, and apparently giving some sort of penalty till the ability can be used again (if I read Darros's case right) feels like a really backwards role for a townie to have, don't you think? Heck, FFM could have potentially negated multiple town power roles if he can get them to target him. Feels like it'd make more sense for this sort of ability to be given to scum.

An ability that messes up people targeting him/her, cancelling their ability, and apparently giving some sort of penalty till the ability can be used again (if I read Darros's case right) feels like a really backwards role for a townie to have, don't you think? Heck, FFM could have potentially negated multiple town power roles if he can get them to target him. Feels like it'd make more sense for this sort of ability to be given to scum.

I see. I agree that the role itself seems like it would be better suited to scum, but it seems like a townie move to me for FFM to actually claim it when he did, since it helps us piece together more about each night's actions and was actually a well-timed and warranted claim, in response to Darros.

That being said, for each night that FFM isn't NKed, it follows that he'll be a progressively better lynch candidate.

I'm kind of back but I'm also really tired today so I might end up going to bed early today. Currently reading over this stuff and I noticed something that really stood out to me.

My night action failed and using it in the future has been delayed "until further notice" apparently. I promise I'll make a bigger/actual content post before I go to bed.

Night action failed: First thought is role block but then you mentioned "Until further notice" What exactly does this mean? You're roleblocked indefinitely? At first I thought this was related to Eury's role but I highly doubt her roleblock continues to go on after she dies.

By any chance were you targeting me? Most actions that target me will fail due to my role.

THIS WAS WHAT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION. Darros said his role is delayed "Until further notice" and you responded to this really quickly. You seem to know about this? Does your role literally block people who target you till a certain time in the game? Cause if so that's something I would think you should tell people sooner so that people don't risk losing their roles indefintely. Could you please clarify on this FFM?

##Vote: FFM

Darros, I'd like you to answer two questions.

1) Considering Eurykins' role (compulsively tunnels the same person to death) and the fact that no other player has claimed blocked, do you believe that she targeted you?

2) Why did you claim?

I actually want to second Refa's second question. Why did you claim?

Going back to reading and I'll get another post out in a bit.

THIS WAS WHAT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION. Darros said his role is delayed "Until further notice" and you responded to this really quickly. You seem to know about this? Does your role literally block people who target you till a certain time in the game? Cause if so that's something I would think you should tell people sooner so that people don't risk losing their roles indefintely. Could you please clarify on this FFM?

Being roleblocked =/= losing your role, though?

I personally don't agree that FFM should have claimed so as to not waste investigative shots (though he should have claimed yesterday by virtue of having been one of the top lynch candidates). Assuming he's town, such a claim would have likely gotten him NKed, since self-safeguard is stronger than anything else that was claimed, assuming eclipse's turbo is one-shot.

THAT D1 "DOCTOR" LYNCH WAS PRETTY MUCH ENTIRELY MY FAULT AND I REGRET NOTHING

(also legit post coming soon)

I VOTED HIM FIRST! Don't go taking credit for my kills!

okay so

Eclipse is either LOCK CLEAR or scumbuddies with FFM.

@FFM - Are you claiming some sort of super-buffed ascetic or something?

pedit: cut by Shinori. basically expanding on his stuff

I was going to case Iris, but that claim, man.

Need to think about it more now. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that whatever made the second kill and then Iris are probably not both town.

okay so.

Elie's vote on me is kinda shit.

My vote on Phoenix was not a prodvote, it was voting him for something that was legit scummy, and I continued reading him as scum for basically the rest of the day, which is why I kept it on him until he claimed omniguard.

Iris' is also bad, because it's not exactly hard to see why I would vote for FFM over, y'know, a universal loss.

FFM was at 4 votes, and Phoenix at 3 even with me on him, and we had 10 minutes to deadline. I had literally 30 seconds until I needed to go to my next match (which I lost anyways, along with all the others, gg me).

With 6 required to lynch, why would I ever stay on Phoenix, especially if he claimed omniguard, and un-cc'd by any doc (although to be fair, we did have a doc, but I was assuming we'd only have one yesterday).

Additionally, FFM was my other top scumread, so it's not like I was opposed to his lynch (I'm still not, obviously).

also, I'm kinda burned out from a physics test I didn't know I had, so I might be going to bed early or something.

FFM > Eclipse* > [lurkers] = Iris > [others] > Shinori ≈ Eclipse* > myself, at least for now.

*Eclipse's position depends on how FFM flips. He's been basically OBVSCUM the entire game, but I don't want to try associative reads without a flip.

##vote: FFM

still my top scumread, although I'll be reading more and maybe changing this later.

actually I'll post my case on Iris anyways, because the claim doesn't really rule her out, imo.

AFTER DINNER, though!