Innes at... Renvall?

In Gerik x Innes, Innes mentions that Gerik saved Innes from mercenaries at Renvall. Renvall is the fortress that Eirika attacks to save Ephraim from.

Innes: At Renvall, when you stayed by me. If not for your loyalty, I would have fallen into the hands of those mercenaries.

Gerik: Ah, well, that's my job, innit? But what's your point? This is unlike you, Prince.

Is there a story element I'm missing? As I'm pretty sure Innes and Gerik make no appearance in chapter 7 or 8...

Edited by L95

That's most definitely nothing but a slight name mix up. Happens sometimes and it gets easier to overlook the more names are being used. The Localization changes page mentions quite a few of them for this game.

Though judging by all those other examples listed there, both the Japanese and the English editors seem to have done a rather sloppy job overlooking the script. And this one isn't even mentioned there.

But then again, I guess it's better then poor Sephiran going through like half a dozens different spellings of his title in just one game.

Edited by BrightBow

That's most definitely nothing but a slight name mix up. Happens sometimes and it gets easier to overlook the more names are being used. The Localization changes page mentions quite a few of them for this game.

Though judging by all those other examples listed there, both the Japanese and the English editors seem to have done a rather sloppy job overlooking the script. And this one isn't even mentioned there.

But then again, I guess it's better then poor Sephiran going through like half a dozens different spellings of his title in just one game.

...Or Garcia arm wrestling himself during a conversation with Gilliam.