Would, Ike will return for the new Smash bros?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope so. Hasn't been confirmed one way or the other.

I pretty much, wanted him to be in there. although, I haven't got a chance to use him.. ^__^;;

Would SSBU will have 3 FE Characters, instead of 2 FE characters, if I'm asking this?

well he should be considering that in the smash brothers fandom, he's very popular in japan.

fun fact, in the fire emblem side, he's more like Wesley Crusher in Star Trek in japan.

and yeah, FE has gotten popular enough to get 3 reps, which will be Chrom, Ike, and Marth.

if not Ike, then it'll be Micaiah, japan likes her more then Ike.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

I have the feeling that ike will return, i honestly see no reason why he should go, he has an original moveset and final smash, and i honestly will be a little upset if Chrom take his slot, i mean Chrom isn't a Marth clone, but i prefer Ike

Posted · Hidden by Florete, May 1, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, May 1, 2014 - No reason given

It's not confirmed.

I don't really care if he comes back or not, I don't like Ike, really...

It's not confirmed.

It's not confirmed.

if not Ike, then it'll be Micaiah, japan likes her more then Ike.

i'm fine with this

EDIT: Crap, double post.

Edited by Kyouko

If I were to bet on it, I'd wager that he's returning. However, he is one of the Brawl vets that has a higher chance of being cut. But unlike Roy, whom many compare him to and use as an argument for him being cut, he's been in two games and was strongly referenced in the most recent. Roy got one game and no special attention since.

If I were to bet on it, I'd wager that he's returning. However, he is one of the Brawl vets that has a higher chance of being cut. But unlike Roy, whom many compare him to and use as an argument for him being cut, he's been in two games and was strongly referenced in the most recent. Roy got one game and no special attention since.

i wish i had the video, but there was this one "characters that are gonna be cut" list, and the guy so far has gotten proven wrong with lucario and marth and toon link and charizard and game and watch.

the rest on the list are ike, lucas, rob, and wolf, at this rate he's 0/4 and i wouldn't be surprised if he was 0/8

Personally I have a slight preference for Roy, but I don't care all that much. I just hope we get a second Fire Emblem character and i'm not all that picky about who will be picked.

Personally I have a slight preference for Roy, but I don't care all that much. I just hope we get a second Fire Emblem character and i'm not all that picky about who will be picked.

dude FE has always gotten a second character, that's not even a question.

the real question is, who is it going to be? with the bonus question being will there be a third character? with the hidden bonus question of who is the third character?

The chances of Ike returning are slim. Chances are, either there's no second FE character appearing, or Chrom is taking his place, realistically.

why would there be a chance of there not being a second FE rep?

i mean there's alot of evidence to say otherwise, but i want to know your logic behind this 'chance"

RFoF is right. Ike cannot be compared to Roy at all and those who use this argument are blind. Especially since ONE instance of an FE character being cut does not make a pattern or tradition. AND that Sakurai had planned to keep Roy in Brawl as a third rep.

Outdatedness is a poor argument too. Sheik is outdated and barely relevant to his series. Jigglypuff is too, even in the Brawl era. But has that stopped Sakurai from keeping them?

Don't forget about Lucario, everyone tought he was going to be replaced by zoroark or mewtwo >.> , same thing is happening with ike, just because some people say sakurai is using a pattern when it comes to FE series when in reality it just happened one time

Maybe. *shrug* I'd say he has a higher chance of returning than Roy did, but it's still a possibility that he'll be cut.

TBH I can see him staying if Lucina is the FE Awakening rep. If it were Chrom, I could see him being cut, but if it was Lucina, I imagine the playstyles of the three FE reps would clash much less.

I actually like the idea of Marth, Lucina and Ike, but the problem with Lucina is her appereance, personally i don't have issues with that, but people will complain

Fun Fact: the first time i saw Chrom i tought it was Marth (i was kinda new in the fe world and i was introduced to the series by brawl) what i'm tryig to say is that Chrom does resemble Marth a little x)

From what we've seen so far, it looks like Sakurai is going for characters with unique movesets, and even unique quirks. (Like Little Mac's KO meter) Anyway, since Ike has a pretty unique moveset I'd imagine that would help his chances.

AS for an Awakening rep, I actually like the Tactician because it presents more options than simply a sword like Chrom or Lucina. But I would love to Lucina or Chrom since they are set characters and not a variable like the Tactician. I would probably like Lucina over Chrom though.

I guess to sum it up, I just love FE and its characters, so I would be happy with whoever gets the second (maybe third?) slot.

I firmly believe we're getting three FE reps. Marth is confirmed so that's one. Second rep will be an Awakening character, either Chrom, Lucina or the Avatar.

Third rep... I see it like this:

50% chance Ike

35% chance Roy

15% chance of Sakurai pulling a Greninja and giving as someone nobody expects.

I firmly believe we're getting three FE reps. Marth is confirmed so that's one. Second rep will be an Awakening character, either Chrom, Lucina or the Avatar.

Third rep... I see it like this:

50% chance Ike

35% chance Roy

15% chance of Sakurai pulling a Greninja and giving as someone nobody expects.

Personally I see the odds as more like

85% Ike

12% Roy

3% someone else

There's not really any reason to bring Roy back unless FE has 4 characters IMO. Also I might be being too generous with the percentages... It's probably more like 5% Roy and < 1% other

I don't know if FE is getting 3 chars, but I'd certainly be happy about it, as I'm sure would we all haha.

Edited by BANRYU

The AC Villager doesn't have a set appearance either though, right? Avatar shouldn't be much of a stretch as the third rep along with Ike and Marth.