NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Ugh, the Panthers need to find somebody else to return punts. Bersin just isn't good. He hasn't screwed up yet, but he almost did just now and nearly the same way as during the Cardinals game.

EDIT: lol wow Seahawks, way to knock yourselves out of FG range with a 15 yard penalty.

This Panthers D has Marshawn Lynch shut down completely though! Hot damn! :D They just gotta control the passing game and Cam Newton's squad needs to get something going.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seahawks having trouble stopping Jonathan Stewart. :awesome:

But Jonny can't do it all by himself, he needs some help! We need some SuperCam and his receivers in there too. Kelvin Benjamin was able to beat double coverage by these Seahawks, I know he can do it again!

TD KELVIN BENJAMIN!! And he beat TRIPLE coverage! What'd I say, what'd I say, WHAT'D I SAY? I called it! He beats coverage by the Seahawks! WOOT!!

EDIT: ...Okay, that was the CRAZIEST end to a half I have ever seen. Just...fucking Chancellor and penalties. But the FG got through. Still, the Seahawks have the ball after half time, so the Panthers D needs to keep being boss.

TREMENDOUS effort by Cam Newton and his squad to get down there though, they're playing very well against this Seahawks D.

Edited by Anacybele

And I think that that game against the Panthers should've been closer. One of those Seahawks TDs seemed bogus to me. The guy only touched the top of the pylon with the ball, not the inside. I don't think that should count as a TD. If it does legally, I think it's dumb. Because technically, that's not IN the endzone, it's right outside.

Also, Cam Newton's receivers failed him outside of Kelvin Benjamin. He was actually making good throws for once and his receivers just kept dropping them. Cotchery dropped one or two, Greg Olsen of all people dropped one (and he normally catches balls like that), and some other guy dropped one. Ugh. Some of these balls would've made big plays happen if they'd been caught.

Romo averaged over 10 yards per attempt and had a nearly perfect QB rating. If anything, this loss is on the awful Dallas defense (and perhaps the bizarre rules under which the pass to Dez Bryant didn't count as a catch, depending on your perspective).

Not saying Romo is bad, but in the second half he got sacked 3 times, and he also fumbled that snap that led to the incomplete Field Goal attempt on what should have been a TD.

Romo may be good a lot of the time, but when the pressure gets on, Romo chokes. He's done it again and again.

Not saying Romo is bad, but in the second half he got sacked 3 times, and he also fumbled that snap that led to the incomplete Field Goal attempt on what should have been a TD.

Romo may be good a lot of the time, but when the pressure gets on, Romo chokes. He's done it again and again.

He's not specifically a choker.

He's just terrible in big games.

He has a 102.9 QB rating on 4th quarters.

He has 24 4th quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives.

Like my fellow Quarterback who rocks in December with a now 31-10 record because Chargers O-line said "Fuck it."

Romo is 23-5 in November. But he cannot win in December. This year during the preseason, he somehow stole Rivers' December winning bullshit playoff slidethroughs.

The definition of a choker is Andy Dalton. Someone constantly is in a good position but does terrible. My definition of choke is Nate Kaeding, someone who had a team with talent yet does terrible.

Romo's position wasn't as good as both of these teams.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Yeah, please learn what you are talking about before you spout this media bullshit (which you seem to be prone to doing). Are you going to tell me Rodgers chokes too because the Packers have only won two playoff games since 2010? Edited by Lord Raven

Lord Raven has a point. Big Ben hasn't won a playoff game in the last couple of times he was there either. But nobody's saying he chokes. :P

Andy Dalton is a choker, I agree on that one. I mean, lol primetime Dalton.

Edited by Anacybele

okay, so since i'm gonna be bored until the super bowl i decided to start doing my mock drafts earlier and actually share them on SF this year. anyways just a one rounder to start off the year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CqKKH439OCUWhb3sRJS1N2Qszt9QctU-vGS626QjAWw/edit?usp=sharing

any thoughts or comments, i will be giving detailed explanations on every pick once i finish writing them up.

I'd rather my Steelers pick up one of those CBs first. That's the team's weakest area, methinks. But the safety should definitely come next. It's likely that Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu will be leaving us. But as much as I loved Troy over the years, he's past his prime and I'm not really that sad. I would've liked him to have a third Super Bowl, but yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

Tom Telesco goes off our needs and the BPA of that need.If that need isn't there he'll address the BPA of other needs.

If none of those fulfill he goes BPA on the pick.

That's why we got Keenan Allen.

BPA= Best Player Available.

Ravens got Pick #17.

And got CJ Mosley.

Who took number 52.

We have a Pick #17.

Also 17 is our lucky number because Philip Rivers

Me thinks we get a Runningback who replaces Ladainian Tomlinson.

And gets number 21

jk jk

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

I'd rather my Steelers pick up one of those CBs first. That's the team's weakest area, methinks. But the safety should definitely come next. It's likely that Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu will be leaving us. But as much as I loved Troy over the years, he's past his prime and I'm not really that sad. I would've liked him to have a third Super Bowl, but yeah.

Understandable, I will go over in depth why I chose to go with safety over corner, but just as a quick summary I see the position as more of a need, predominately due to the age of Polumalu and a strong physical Strong Safety can definetly help fill the whole he will leave.

Tom Telesco goes off our needs if the first or second BPA of that need isn't there he'll address the BPA of other needs.

If none of those fulfill he goes BPA on the first pick.

BPA= Best Player Available.

Ravens got Pick #17.

And got CJ Mosley.

Who took number 52.

We have a Pick #17.

Me thinks we get a Runningback who replaces Ladainian Tomlinson.

And gets number 21

jk jk

IMO Malcolm Brown is BPA, I intend to do one where it's just what I think should happen and I'm thinking 7 to the bears. I honestly think he's second best DT after Williams, but Shelton has all the hype. I would say he compares favorably to Poe and we get to see the accuracy of the comparison after the combine.

Yeah, but remember that this is Polamalu we're talking about. The guy that, along with Ed Reed, set a new standard for safeties because of how good he was. The Steelers can't just go randomly using the first round to pick a safety and think that it will automatically fill the hole Polamalu leaves. They have to strengthen other areas because he'll be leaving a hole no matter who the Steelers replace him with, because he was fricking Polamalu. If they build on the strengths of everyone else while putting a new safety in there, the hole he leaves won't be as big or glaring.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right. xP I think I'm trying to say that they shouldn't build around only what he did since there's little guarantee that they'll pick up a Polamalu 2.0.

Edited by Anacybele

nor should they build around collins, they should be building the defense around Shazier, Collins just has a play style that imo nicely compliments his abilities.

I don't know, Shazier didn't get much of a season because he was hurt twice. He seems good, but if he keeps getting hurt like that, it won't matter how much talent he has bottled up. He won't be on the field enough times to use it efficiently.

Coverage, has shown good range and field vision. Not vulnerable against the run either. Him, Collins, and Kendricks could all go in the early teens depending how it plays out, I just value pass rush and offensive line more than pass coverage.

All this "choke" talk is rather appropriate considering who's losing in the current game.

That defense couldn't stop a nosebleed for half the game, though, although Denver's whole offense is dysfunctional and not just Manning.