NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

...lol if he's getting all of those injuries then he's still done. It's Brett Favre all over again. He started getting hurt a lot too because his body could no longer handle the game. I also don't like the idea of Peyton hiding such things from the public.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troy Polamalu looked like he had football left in him too. But in 2014, he hardly did anything noteworthy and then got hurt. One good season doesn't really matter.

Also, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that uses that nickname for Peyton. XD

Edited by Anacybele

So apparently a bunch of reports are leaking that Manning had a ton of injuries (quad, thigh, pec, arm, etc.) Hopefully his terrible performance was attributed to that and not just him being done. I have always liked Brady more but I don't want to see Manning retire so soon. =(

They've been leaking these injuries for a while, including a potential illness in December. He had a bunch of injuries to his ankle in 2013 too.

...lol if he's getting all of those injuries then he's still done. It's Brett Favre all over again. He started getting hurt a lot too because his body could no longer handle the game. I also don't like the idea of Peyton hiding such things from the public.

Not quite, cause Ed Reed put up a decent half season in New York despite having all of that but worse. I think the difference next year is that Manning won't have to drop back as much cause they have a running back. Also he definitely wasn't hiding it, because I remember reading about it in December.

Anyway, link to specific article: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-12-14/peyton-manning-throws-block-video-broncos-sick-flu-iv-denver-san-diego-chargers

Edited by Lord Raven

And Dick LeBeau is looking to join the Cardinals. The CARDINALS. Arizona hates us! Why join someone that hates the Steelers? -___-

Also, dang it, I wanted to hear Aaron Rodgers shout "NEW YORK BOZO!" again. Now because its meaning got revealed, he can't use it.

And Dick LeBeau is looking to join the Cardinals. The CARDINALS. Arizona hates us! Why join someone that hates the Steelers? -___-

Also, dang it, I wanted to hear Aaron Rodgers shout "NEW YORK BOZO!" again. Now because its meaning got revealed, he can't use it.

We don't hate you, we are just sour about 2008 :P

Ana there's a massive difference between the fanbase hating a team and the Cardinals hating a team. The fanbase generally hates the Steelers, and it's not just because of 2008 but because of the massive amounts of bandwagon Steelers/Cowboys/49ers/Patriots/Broncos fans in Arizona.

At any rate, look no further than Jeff Fischer being the Rams head coach. aka the team that beat the Titans (his former team which he was HC for forever) in Super Bowl 34. Marvin Lewis was DC for the 2000 Ravens (aka the GOAT defense) and became the Bengals head coach. Plenty of examples of things like that.

Well, last I read, the Steelers are the most hated team in Arizona. :P

But one of the reasons us Steelers fans hate the Cowboys is probably that 90s Super Bowl loss, so... But the main reason I hate them is because they're full of it and so are their fans because of that America's Team business. If any team should be America's Team, I think it ought to be one of these three:

Patriots: Hel-LO, America, anyone? We're all about patriotism and this team wears our nation's colors. And the Patriots are a good team with a good number of Super Bowls and championships.

Steelers: Biggest fanbase (as far as I can tell), most Super Bowl wins and AFC championships

Packers: The most championships overall and one of the oldest teams

And I am NOT biased here. I don't even like the Pats or Packers at all.

EDIT: Well, there's nothing saying that the players can't pick up stuff from the fans.

Edited by Anacybele

But the Redskins and their backup QB beating them was talked about. :P

Well the olden tales of Cowboys and Indians personified is of course "worth" talking about :P

But the Redskins and their backup QB beating them was talked about. :P

Probably because at that point many people weren't convinced that the Cowboys were legit, and several thought that loss was going to be the start of a collapse into another 8-8 season.

I had the same apprehension about the Lions after their early season loss to Buffalo. Fortunately they proved me wrong, although I was never sure if they really were as good as their record because their schedule was so pathetic.

Edited by Team Alucard

Cowboys-Washingotn Professional Football team rivalry also extends to the old owners trying their best to screw each other over.

Cowboys have a bigger fanbase than the Steelers but the Steelers are close.

Steelers/Cowboys hate each other because that is probably the most common Super Bowl matchup. There have been 3 Steelers-Cowboys Super Bowls I believe. Also a reason why a bunch of people hate both teams.

If you're trying to imply what I think you are, then that's fucked up.

If Manning retires then stuff like this just really hits home at how there's no actual such thing as a happy storybook ending. You only get it in rare cases like with Strahan, Lewis(/Reed? sorta), and Bettis but it rarely happens, given how Gonzalez and Moss ended his career.

Edited by Lord Raven

If you're trying to imply what I think you are, then that's fucked up.

If Manning retires then stuff like this just really hits home at how there's no actual such thing as a happy storybook ending. You only get it in rare cases like with Strahan, Lewis(/Reed? sorta), and Bettis but it rarely happens, given how Gonzalez and Moss ended his career.

Yah I knew someone would read it as fucked up, probs should've captioned it, since I was referring to I think Ana's Favre statement.

The Steelers upgraded their LB coach, Keith Butler, to DC. I don't know about this, but we'll see how it plays out next season. But since this leaves the LB coach position open now, the team needs to get James Harrison to do that job! He was one of the best LBs the Steelers ever had, he could definitely teach the younger guys!

The only concern I have is how much knowledge this Butler guy has about the secondary part of the defense. As the LB coach, he obviously knows about the defensive line. But he didn't coach the secondary and our secondary has been weaker than the defensive line.

Edited by Anacybele