NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Phoenix Wright; the following are hall of fame eligible.

Kurt Warner

Isaac Bruce

Torry Holt

Orlando Pace

Dick Vermeil

Preliminary hall of fame ballot: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/16/preliminary-hall-of-fame-ballot-announced/

oooh thanks!! i think at least warner is guaranteed. crossed fingers

Edited by Phoenix Wright

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what you mean by "over the hill" but Troy had a great season last year despite his age and the team not making the playoffs mostly due to a bad start. He proved that the season before it didn't mean shit.

Ike Taylor, like I said, needs to stop getting penalties. Besides, it's not like I'm saying any of these guys are OMG THE BEST THING EVER. I think Polamalu is one of the best safeties in the league, but yeah.

Polamalu seemed slower on the field and quite easily burned compared to what I'm used to seeing. One of the touchdowns had Polamalu pretty effectively taken out of the play, and the other safeties, line backers, and corners got burned.

Ike Taylor is slow and has brick hands these days.

Ed Reed got a few interceptions in 2013 and Ray Lewis got a sack in 2012. They were will not very effective those years. Are you saying because Ryan Leaf threw a touchdown pass he's actually not a bad quarterback?

Edited by Lord Raven

No, I'm saying that these players aren't as ineffective as you make them out to be. Polamalu was QUITE effective last season, if I do say so myself. He got around five interceptions and a lot of tackles.

I'm not gonna lie..

I saw Polamalu stand Bernard Pierce up on the goaline last week. (It could have been Forsett, 80% sure it was Pierce tho)

He was at a dead stand still too..

So he gets mass props for that.

The truth is, he is beyond his prime, and he plays with a lot of other scrubs who by association make him look good.

He has always been a risk taker on Defense. Hence his nickname as the Gambler.

Which really hurts when more QB's these days are more accurate than they used to be (Less deep throws and jump balls)

Plus all the receivers nowadays are younger, faster, and stronger than he is. (Less of a chance of open field tackles)

I do like Shazier!!

..........but once again it is not hard to shine on the Steelers D.

Steeler's fans need to focus on Antonio Brown being a ninja stud, and ol' Benny still being able to break would be sacks in the backfield..

As well as maybe Levon Bell. (Jury is still out on that one though)

Dude, Le'Veon Bell was like the only one who could put a dent in the Ravens' D. I think he could surpass Bettis if he tried and Bettis is nominated for the HoF again.

Polamalu does take risks though. But he's not like, say, RGIII who gets himself hurt all the freaking time. RGIII really wasted himself by being so reckless. He was a great QB and set up to be the Redskins' franchise man.

Edited by Anacybele

He had only 3 runs of like 10+ yards before garbage time, and a lot of other times he only gained 1-3 yards. Hardly a "dent." It's also only been a season lol people need to chill about judging players against all-timers at their position in their second or third season.

No, I'm saying that these players aren't as ineffective as you make them out to be. Polamalu was QUITE effective last season, if I do say so myself. He got around five interceptions and a lot of tackles.

Tackles mean nothing. But he also played linebacker last year so he had a different responsibility lol he still got burned pretty quickly and that defense still had an exorbitant amount of issues.

Polamalu took risks like that considering he didn't play 16 games consistently. RG3 never got that hurt last year and this year he got hurt because hie landed badly on a standard rollout. In 2012 he got tackled pretty badly by Haloti Ngata so I wouldn't put too much stock in that assumption. I don't think he was that great anyway, considering that the system he was in gave him more ability to throw quick completions and not really read a defense that effectively.

It's also not really his fault that his coach didn't pull him out of the game.

I saw Polamalu stand Bernard Pierce up on the goaline last week. (It could have been Forsett, 80% sure it was Pierce tho)

You mean when we would obviously power through the goal line they could stop us from running? Because we weren't about to even try to score a TD unless we ran the ball in and that's a very easy thing to sell out against. By that point the game was basically over and the Ravens were just trying to burn the clock out, if they scored at the goal line it probably wouldn't even align with what we were trying to do because that would've been 40 less seconds we could kill from the clock.

The designed pass plays for the TDs earlier in the game were things of beauty and I doubt we'd use them if we were trying to preserve a lead. That's how Harbaugh calls it at any rate.

Edited by Lord Raven

What? I can so see that the Steelers have been bad lately. Have I not been saying that they'll likely have their asses handed to them on Sunday? I'm just saying that the team still has some good players. Not that they aren't bad right now. A few good players won't automatically make a team really good.

emphasis on a lot.

Someone else argue it. Steelers as a team aren't looking good and everyone but Ana can see it lol

I agree, Steelers have looked bad the past 6 quarters. After this week the schedule is favorable at least, Bucs, @ Jaguars, @ Browns might be able to get them some momentum.

Yeah, agreed.

Btw this is pretty cool. I remember Chris Kemoeatu. He wasn't all that great a lineman for the Steelers. I didn't know he had a brother that was playing for the Ravens though. But sibling rivalry didn't get to them there even though their teams were fierce rivals, it seems. I bet that kidney trouble hindered Chris's ability though. I feel bad for saying he sucked in the past...

update to let everyone know that Hester just broke the record for return TDs. The interesting part is that they were all Special Teams returns, whereas Deion Sanders was both D and ST.

Edited by Lord Raven

Even more one sided than 28-0 with 14:53 left in the second?

I'd say so. Tampa can't seem to do anything right. Bad penalties, turnovers, terrible defense, terrible offense (against the Falcons D too)

The Falcons have scored on offense, defense and special teams today and it's still the first half...

Dang, I don't think even the Seahawks have done that lately. o.o

I mean scoring on offense, defense, AND special teams in one game, let alone one half.

Bears did it in a full game a few years back (when we had Hester and Tillman was not broken). It's not something you see a lot lol

At this point the game is just hoping the falcons keep going because it's really entertaining

E: Also would love to see Hester get a third all purpose touchdown for the game

Edited by Da Bear

I didn't think it was, lol.

But if Tampa's offense is so bad and the Panthers had some trouble with it... Maybe the Steelers have more of a chance on Sunday than I thought. But still not high, sadly...