NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear in mind people, their offensive coordinator has been recovering from surgery for the past three weeks, so their QB Coach is calling the plays. There's a chance they'll improve dramatically on offense next week.

Wow. It's 56-0 now. I mean, you usually don't see these kinds of scores outside of lopsided NCAA matchups. The NFL usually has much closer parity, even between the best team and the worst team in any year.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

I don't understand why team's still kick it to him..

Seriously these punters and kickers are supposed to be skilled.

All Week they can prepare on one thing.

Don't kick him the ball.

Yet they still manage too.

Glad for Hester though. He is a University of Miami boy..

Forever go U!!

You know, I think a football is the only sports ball that isn't round (and even a hockey puck is round as well). :o But I wonder why that is?

Edited by Anacybele

I don't understand why team's still kick it to him..

Seriously these punters and kickers are supposed to be skilled.

All Week they can prepare on one thing.

Don't kick him the ball.

Yet they still manage too.

Glad for Hester though. He is a University of Miami boy..

Forever go U!!

The coverage team needs to do their job too. Hester still fumbles it relatively frequently, he was always a hold your breath type player cause he could hurt you badly or get a td.

Hester caught it right along the sidelines...

It's also very very hard to punt in a certain direction because of the odd shape of the ball.

The shape of the ball has no effect on a punter's ability to kick the ball in a specific direction.

The score of the bucs-falcons game should have been worse than it was. Early on the bucs scoring drive, Glennon clearly fumbled the ball, but at 56-0 the falcons coach wisely kept the challenge flag in his pocket. Then on the touchdown pass, Vincent Jackson had a push-off on the defensive back that wasnt called.

The final score was 56-14 but it wasnt even that close.

Props to Devin Hester. Watching his career has been an honor. Without him we wouldnt have "The Bears are who we thought they were!"

The shape of the ball has no effect on a punter's ability to kick the ball in a specific direction.

No it's partly the shape that makes it difficult. It's also hard to kick in a specific direction as a punter in general; if directional kicks were easy don't you think more teams would do it?

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

A few things to note from this.

- Harbaugh is my manz and will always be my manz

- Ozzie definitely underestimated the situation and the fact that, if a video exists, then social media will get it. Ray and Jamal Lewis didn't have their events fold in the days of social media, whereas Rice did. But he was also sort of Bisciotti's pawn; it's vindicated a bit by him being naive (ie the previous sentence), his love for Ray, or the fact that he's a bit of a pawn in a grander scheme by Steve Bisciotti (who is still a good owner, just a bad person like all NFL owners) and Dick Cass to withhold facts and play the PR game, all while smearing Rice later on and throwing Ozzie/Harbaugh/Goodell under the bus (forcing Harbaugh to actually lie on camera)

- Ravens organization are doing something most teams would do anyway, and they went above and beyond because it happened to be the nicest guy in the NFL to get charged. Previously DV cases were by people who weren't doing any good at all to begin with, and they didn't have videos released on their incidents.

- I'm pretty sure this Ray Rice thing was an isolated incident in their lives and not recurring. Probably another reason why Newsome wanted to keep Rice.

I still think Goodell is a crappy commissioner, though.

Edited by Lord Raven

Elliot Harrison predicts 23-13 Panthers for Steelers vs Panthers. At least that's not a blowout and that the Steelers would score more points than they did against the ratbirds Ravens. xP But sounds pretty possible to me.

Whoa. Damn... That... That's really rough. Probably going to be hard on the Titans too, even though the guy wasn't playing anymore... And this guy had just got married to Terry Bradshaw's daughter?! I feel bad for her the most. She just lost the man she wanted to spend her life with. :(

It seems that he was driving recklessly though, because he "lost control of the SUV" so this just makes it that much worse. This is why speeding, texting/talking on a cell phone, and other such things are a huge NO.

On another topic, gonna go get my Steeler jersey again! I still don't expect them to win tonight, but they at least need to play a good game and show that last week didn't mean shit. Go Steelers! You can still be a contender for division champion! :D

Pff, Steelers used to pull off plays like that plenty of times. Big Ben to Antwaan Randel El to Hines Ward was a classic that never failed. Made great use of the fact that Randel El was a QB in college too. Other teams have probably done such tricks too.

Also, Steelers vs Panthers has no inactive players on the website, so Lance Moore is coming to help out the Steeler offense, awesome. ^^