NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Also, Raven, why did you reference the salary cap and post a picture of a college team?

Imagine all those players on one NFL team.

Anyway, Ravens receivers recorded another 2 or 3 drops today. We need to get this shit figured out in time for playoffs.

Edited by Lord Raven

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I just had nightmare flashbacks of the Baltimore game last season. Thank goodness Walsh's kick was no good, I would have cried. T_T

there was nothing wrong with that baltimore game

EDIT: as it stands...

Colts have clinched AFCS

Patriots have clinched AFCE

Broncos have clinched AFCW

The only AFC teams that are in the hunt for their division are Baltimore, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. And Baltimore doesn't control their fate; Pittsburgh or Cincinnati need to win out and whoever wins out gets the division. If Baltimore wins out and both of these teams suffer one loss in that span, Baltimore gets the division.

Bengals: DEN, @PIT

Pittsburgh: KC, CIN

Baltimore: @HOU, CLE

In order for Baltimore to control their destiny, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati need to lose next week. Every other scenario has either Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, or both controlling their fate. Baltimore's eliminated if Pittsburgh and Cincinnati win next week I believe.

We could also realistically see 3 AFCN teams in the playoffs again.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeahha, Detroit officially on top of the nfc north (via tiebreaker)

Awesome game from the defense even with several significant players (suh, ihedigbo) coming off the flu. Offense left a LOT to be desired though

Offense has been crap all season. Really disappointing how awful the o-line has been when it was pretty good last year. I've found it odd how the Lions ditched a defensive-oriented head coach for an offensive-minded one and the defense became drastically better while the offense fell off a cliff. You'd think it would have been the other way around.

But I guess the improved defense is somewhat to be expected when the front office finally realized that you need quality players in the secondary rather than the garbage they had back there for years (Louis Delmas aside).

Yeah but keeping your season alive on the best (read: luckiest) 4 game win streak is beautiful, even if it's all for naught.

Besides, you got our OC, DB Coach, and starting Strong Safety out of it.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, my Steelers do control their fate this time, unlike last season. :P That was just insane.

And I don't see the Ravens losing either of their last two games (dang easy ass schedule...argh. Houston and Cleveland both have QB situations), so the Steelers really need to keep winning.

Edited by Anacybele

I believe the Steelers clinch a playoff spot if they win next week actually. They would then be 10-6 at worst, Buffalo and San Diego can't beat them in any two or three team tiebreakers I believe and no other team could reach 10 wins other than the Bengals or Ravens.

Bengals should also clinch a playoff spot if they win any of their next two games as they would go 10-5-1 and KC/SD/BUF can't beat that. They can clinch the AFC North next week with a win+ Pit loss+ Bal loss.

Ravens can clinch a playoff spot with a win + SD loss+ KC loss I believe, they should win any tiebreaker with Buffalo.

Another pretty interesting tidbit:

Ravens and Steelers winning next week while San Diego losing actually basically guarantees AFCN sends 3 teams to the playoffs. That's insane.

Bills are 8-6 but 4-6 in conference

Dolphins are 7-7 - a win by the Steelers takes them out

Chargers are 8-6 - a win by the Steelers/Ravens and a loss by the Chargers takes them out

Browns are 7-7 - a win by the Steelers/Ravens knocks them out

Kansas City is 8-6 - a win by the Steelers/Ravens knocks them out

I think there are even simpler scenarios. Here's hoping Kansas City beats Pittsburgh.

While we're hoping, I hope Rashaan Melvin today wasn't a fluke and he really can sustain that play for the next two games. That dude was nuts today.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, but if the Steelers want to win the division, they have to take down both the Bengals and the Chiefs.

And Lord Raven, I did read that a lot of possible playoff scenarios have the AFC North sending three teams there. That IS nuts.

Also, the Steelers beating the Falcons put the Panthers in first place in the NFC South since the Panthers also won. ^^ I like seeing a team I really like help another team I really like!

Edited by Anacybele

And on top of that, the power struggle in the AFCN lives on. Each team, sans the Browns, has won the division three times since 2005. I think 2009, 2010, and 2011 had division winners basically decided Week 17. 2012 we clinched it early and 2009 had two 9-7 teams and a 10-6 team, although in 2011 we swept the division.

The only year we didn't send 2 teams to the playoffs since the Harbaugh/Flacco era began was 2013.

Man fuck this division, switch us with the Colts and put us in the AFC South. Harbaugh is like 9-4 in the playoffs and only two of those games were at home (and surprisingly 4 of those games were against the 1-seed - we're 2-2 in those games).

Edited by Lord Raven

And the two usual teams to get to the playoffs were the Steelers and Ravens. That's one reason I love this rivalry so much. They're almost always so evenly matched and play good games. And then they fight with each other in almost every game. Definitely one of the best rivalries in football!

But my man Coach Tomlin is 2-0 vs the Ravens in the playoffs. Here's hoping that streak can continue. :awesome:

of course, part of the reason the AFC North teams have such good records this season is that they've gotten to play the NFC South and AFC South, the 2 worst divisions in football. the AFC South is actually even worse than the NFC South in terms of DVOA.

against the NFC and AFC Souths: 22-7-1
against each other: 10-10
against other teams: 2-4

True that, we all did play the two weakest divisions in the league. What I like though, is that my Steelers were the only team in the AFC North to defeat the Colts. Heh heh. I still can't figure out how they wound up struggling against the Browns though. But Luck and his guys got it done in the end.

Also, Derek Anderson imitated Cam Newton's first down/TD gesture when he rushed for a first down. You go, dude. :D

Speaking of QBs though, so many have been injured this season. Cam Newton, Tony Romo, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton, RGIII, Colt McCoy...just damn. To a smaller extent, Andy Dalton and Ben have been hurt too, they just weren't hurt enough to make them miss games.

Edited by Anacybele

Flacco IS pretty damn durable.

But let's see him try to play while hurt. Ben's done it several times. He's played with a messed up ankle and broken nose...all at once and still played pretty well.

He's done it before, he's gotten sacked like 30 times/year (48 last year) as well so he clearly takes care of his body.

Last year he played with a sprained MCL (goes back to that Lions game) and in 2009 he played with an injured shoulder. Aside from that, he doesn't try to put his body in danger and try to make a major play because he's always had Ray Rice as a good check down target or Todd Heap/Dennis Pitta as an outlet. Last year none of our Running Backs were awful and our Tight Ends were almost as bad (and our WRs were almost as bad as the TEs) so he rolled out A LOT to avoid danger. This year he rolls out more because Forsett isn't that great a checkdown target - he's got hands but he's not elusive. Instead he's got Owen Daniels and what seems to be a possession guys in Marlon Brown or Kamar Aiken (no big play receivers though - I guess that's the other reason Flacco preferred to check it down).