NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picks for next week:

Tennessee at Jacksonville- Who thought putting this game in primetime in Week 16 was a good idea? Jaguars are at home and maybe a little less of a mess I guess.

Philadelphia at Washington- Redskins are terrible

San Diego at San Francisco- Both teams have offensive issues lately, though the Niners' issues are more chronic I think.

Atlanta at New Orleans- Extremely leery here because every time I think the Saints are back they screw up in spectacular fashion, but losing 5 straight at home seems unlikely.

Kansas City at Pittsburgh- Chiefs aren't nearly as good offensively and Steelers should be able to run it- although if Chiefs can get pressure like the Jets did they have a good chance.

Baltimore at Houston- Texans can't beat good teams and their QB woes are worse than ever

Green Bay at Tampa Bay- I don't have a lot of faith in the Bucs

Minnesota at Miami- Vikings haven't beaten a team .500 or above yet this year

Detroit at Chicago- It would be a lot like previous seasons if the Lions lost here, but the Bears are a total mess.

Cleveland at Carolina- Panthers aren't very good, but Browns seem to be in total meltdown mode.

New England at New York Jets- A place where the Patriots often struggle, but I don't think the Jets are good enough this year

New York Giants at St. Louis- Rams are playing better overall

Buffalo at Oakland- Still not picking the Raiders

Indianapolis at Dallas- DeMarco Murray might be out...but so might T.Y. Hilton which makes this a tough game to pick, Murray's case seems worse though.

Seattle at Arizona- Seahawks defense against a third string quarterback seems like a mismatch

Denver at Cincinnati- Not trusting the Bengals in primetime.

Technically, the Lions can clinch this week if they win and the Packers lose. The Packers are playing the Bucs though so...not very likely.

The Steelers lost to the Buccs :newyears:

You mean that Case "GOAT" Keenum and Thaddeus Lewis won't win the Baltimore game in a landslide?

Also, fun fact: If Arizona beats Seattle, they clinch the 1-seed in the NFC.

Tennessee at Jacksonville- Who thought putting this game in primetime in Week 16 was a good idea? Jaguars are at home and maybe a little less of a mess I guess.

you mean you don't think a potential chad henne v case keenum/thad lewis, game is a matchup for the ages.

I find it fitting that the TNF slate ends with the stinker match-up of the season. The Thursday night games have been mostly awful and I personally hate the idea of having one each week. But hey, whatever puts more money in the NFL's pocket...

you mean you don't think a potential chad henne v case keenum/thad lewis, game is a matchup for the ages.

god damn are the Titans that thin at QB

Henne should not be starting though

Bortles just has fucking nothing around him to succeed, he'll be a quality QB in the NFL when he gets some actual help

god damn are the Titans that thin at QB

sorta, Mettenberger and Locker are both injured. Locker was expected to be injured, but Mettenberger's a rookie.

It's all about clipboard jesus now

wrong team Edited by Lord Raven

While Jags/Titans may look like single worst primetime game ever, it might not turn out that way.

A game between 2 equally awful teams can often be entertaining. I remember a few years back the Lions and Browns (both finished 2-14 that year iirc) played each other and it as one of the best games I've ever seen. Stafford threw the game-winning TD with a separated shoulder. It was awesome.

Plus, the Jags on national TV means I'll finally get to see Denard Robinson play. =D

Edited by Team Alucard

While Jags/Titans may look like single worst primetime game ever, it might not turn out that way.

A game between 2 equally awful teams can often be entertaining. I remember a few years back the Lions and Browns (both finished 2-14 that year iirc) played each other and it as one of the best games I've ever seen. Stafford threw the game-winning TD with a separated shoulder. It was awesome.

Plus, the Jags on national TV means I'll finally get to see Denard Robinson play. =D

Hate to burst your Jags bubble, but Denard was put on IR earlier today. Toby Gerhart tho!!!!

Alright, clinching and elimination scenarios. I'm ruling out ties unless they're like the only thing that has an effect on things.

Clinching

The following teams have clinched their division title:

- New England Patriots

- Denver Broncos

- Indianapolis Colts

The following teams have clinched a playoff berth:

- Arizona Cardinals

Arizona Cardinals clinch the 1-seed and the NFC West Division title with:

- Arizona win

Detroit Lions clinch a playoff berth with:

- Detroit win

- Philadelphia loss

Detroit Lions clinch the NFC North division title with:

- Detroit win + Green Bay loss

Detroit Lions clinch a first round bye with:

- Detroit win + Green Bay loss + Dallas loss

Dallas Cowboys clinch the NFC East division title with:

- Dallas win + Philadelphia loss

Seattle Seahawks clinch a playoff berth with:

- Seattle win + Philadelphia loss

- Seattle win + Detroit loss

- Seattle win + Green Bay loss

- Philadelphia loss + Dallas win

Green Bay Packers clinch a playoff berth with:

- Green Bay win + Philadelphia loss

- Green Bay win + Dallas loss

New Orleans Saints clinch the 4-seed and NFC South division title with:

- New Orleans win + Carolina loss

New England Patriots clinch a first round bye with:

- New England win

- Indianapolis loss + Cincinnati loss

- Indianapolis loss + Pittsburgh loss

- Indianapolis loss + Baltimore loss

New England Patriots clinch the 1-seed with:

- New England loss + Denver loss

Denver Broncos clinch a first round bye with:

- Denver win

Cincinnati Bengals clinch a playoff spot with:

- Cincinnati win

- Kansas City loss + San Diego loss + Buffalo loss

Cincinnati Bengals clinch the AFC North division title with:

- Cincinnati win + Pittsburgh loss + Baltimore loss

Pittsburgh Steelers clinch a playoff spot with:

- Pittsburgh win

Baltimore Ravens clinch a playoff spot with:

- Baltimore win + Pittsburgh loss + Cincinnati loss

- Baltimore win + Kansas City loss + San Diego loss

Elimination

Philadelphia Eagles are eliminated from NFC East title contention with:

Philadelphia Eagles are eliminated from the playoffs with:

- Philadelphia tie + Dallas win + Seattle win + Green Bay win + Detroit win

Green Bay Packers are eliminated from NFC North title contention with:

- Green Bay loss + Detroit win

New Orleans Saints are eliminated from NFC South title contention and playoffs with:

- New Orleans loss + Carolina win

Carolina Panthers are eliminated from NFC South title contention and playoffs with:

- Carolina loss + New Orleans win

Atlanta Falcons are eliminated from NFC South title contention and playoffs with:

- Atlanta loss

Seattle Seahawks are eliminated from NFC West title contention with:

- Seattle loss

Buffalo Bills are eliminated from playoff contention with:

- Buffalo loss + Baltimore win

- Buffalo loss + Kansas City win

- Buffalo loss + Sandiego win

- Pittsburgh win + Baltimore win + Cincinnati win

Miami Dolphins are eliminated from playoff contention with:

- Miami loss

- Baltimore win

- San Diego win + Pittsburgh win

Pittsburgh Steelers are eliminated from AFC North title contention with:

- Pittsburgh loss + Cincinnati win

Baltimore Ravens are eliminated from AFC North title contention with:

- Baltimore loss

- Pittsburgh win + Cincinnati win

Cleveland Browns are eliminated from playoffs with:

- Cleveland loss

- Baltimore win

- Kansas City win

- San Diego win

- Buffalo win

Houston Texans are eliminated from playoffs with:

- Houston loss

San Diego Chargers are eliminated from playoffs with:

- San Diego loss + Pittsburgh win + Baltimore win

Kansas City Chiefs are eliminated from playoffs with:

- Kansas City loss + Baltimore win

The following are eliminated from division title contention:

- Buffalo Bills

- Miami Dolphins

- Cleveland Browns

- San Diego Chargers

- Kansas City Chiefs

- Houston Texans

The following are eliminated from playoff contention:

- New York Giants

- New York Jets

- Minnesota Vikings

- Chicago Bears

- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

- San Francisco 49ers

- St. Louis Rams

- New York Jets

- Tennessee Titans

- Jacksonville Jaguars

- Oakland Raiders

Some interesting stuff:

- Anyone who is eliminated from a division title in the NFC is eliminated from playoffs

- Thursday Night Football is probably the most pointless game this week

- The AFC North power struggle is overrated, check out the NFC South

Edited by Lord Raven

Pittsburgh keeps rolling, and while it got a bit close there in the second half at the Georgia Dome, the Steelers are now in the driver's seat. (That said, even the most ardent Steelers fan in the Carnell Lake No. 37 uni would admit that secondary dodged a bullet with Julio Jones sidelined.) Here they are, though, with two home games remaining against the Chiefs and Bengals. If Pittsburgh wins out, it takes the AFC North title.

Too true, Elliot Harrison... Too true. >_< Although, the Steelers might have still won given that they were able to beat a Bengals team that had AJ Green torching them constantly. But of course, we'll never know now.

And as many Steeler fans probably are, I'm damn glad that our last two games are at home.

EDIT: Oh, and our offense is actually ranked #1 in the league, I just discovered. And #2 in passing. Hell yeah! :awesome:

The Chiefs apparently have a really piss poor passing game too, good news for our scrubby secondary.

Edited by Anacybele

Alex Smith is such garbage.

Now that's just factually wrong.

It's not alex smith's fault that his recievers suck. He has 18 passing tds this season with only 6 picks, nearly 65% completion rate! and nearly 3000 yards passing. All with a backfield that has 1500 combined rushing yards and 15 combined tds on 300 combined attempts.

He's by no stretch of the imagination elite, or worth the first overall draft pick the niners spent on him, but he is a middl of the pack QB who's actually having a pretty decent year given whats he got around.

Yeah, Jamal Charles is the only thing we really have to worry about in this game besides their defense. But considering how the Steelers manhandled good Ds in the Colts and Ravens, they're capable of crushing these guys too. I think they had higher ranked defenses too, actually. Our offense is good enough to get by though, I think. With all our offensive weapons, you can't even double cover anyone because you'll leave someone else open. There is just no stopping this offense when they're playing at their true level (ie, weeks 8 and 9). The only thing that can stop the Steelers, honestly...is themselves. lol

But whatever, THE STEELERS MUST CRUSH THE CHIEFS. They're one of my most hated teams, if you remember. CRUSH THEM, STEELERS!

Edited by Anacybele

The Colts defense isn't very good really- they're like 17th in points per game allowed and that's with getting to play the Texans, Jaguars, and Titans multiple times.

The Chiefs are 4th in points allowed, Baltimore is 6th. In terms of yards, Chiefs are 8th, Ravens are 13th, Colts are 15th. I think it's reasonable to say that the Chiefs are the best defense the Steelers have faced this season.

JJ Watt is ridiculous with sacks and stuff too. In fact, he's looking like the best defender in the league. Didn't stop the Killer Bs. In fact, Antonio Brown beat Watt on the play where Ben tossed AB the ball, then AB launched it to Lance Moore for a TD. Bryant and Bell got TDs in that game too. In fact, this was Bryant's first ever NFL start and his first play and first ever catch was that TD!

But of course the game shouldn't be taken lightly. Games never should be taken lightly. The Jets defense did cause some problems, after all. And Watt got to Ben a couple times anyway. It could be a close game because of this, but I still think my Steeler offense will come through because of how crappy the Chiefs offense is supposed to be. As long as the defensive line does its job in holding off Jamal Charles, we'll be fine.

Also, Bell does more than just rush. That's why the Falcons were only able to hinder his run game. They couldn't stop him from getting passes AND he still got a couple rushing TDs anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

week 16 picks
Tennessee @ Jacksonville- Major 2015 draft implications. The Titans' offensive line, and their offense as a whole, is a mess.

Philadelphia @ Washington- The Philly pass rush should bother RG3, and Jim Haslett doesn't match up favorably with Chip Kelly.

San Diego @ San Francisco- The Chargers D has played well the last couple weeks. It's possible that the Niners will ease up a bit because they're eliminated from playoff contention and their coach is almost certainly on his way out.

Atlanta @ New Orleans- Julio will go nuts, and somehow I trust the Saints less than the Falcons. I might just be wishing for chaos, though.

Kansas City @ Pittsburgh- I think the Chiefs will ball-control their way to victory in this one. Their DL should give the Steelers Jets-like problems.

Baltimore @ Houston- Another QB who won't test the Baltimore secondary deep, another Ravens win.

Green Bay @ Tampa Bay- The Bucs get especially picked apart by good QBs and don't have an offense.

Minnesota @ Miami- The Dolphins' pass rush should be resurrected against this struggling Vikings line.

Detroit @ Chicago- Detroit looked good against the Bears on Thanksgiving, and I don't think a change of venue will make much difference.

Cleveland @ Carolina- Until Manziel proves otherwise, I'll assume he's not ready to start. Carolina should be able to run the ball here.

New England @ New York Jets- Even if Rex conjures something up on D, I don't see how the Jets put up enough points.

New York Giants @ St. Louis- The Rams offense should look more functional than it did last week. OBJ is pretty good though imo.

Buffalo @ Oakland- I won't pick the Raiders to beat a good team.

Indianapolis @ Dallas- Andrew Luck should get back on track against this defense. Murray's injury is also worrisome, of course.

Seattle @ Arizona- The Seahawks' march to the #1 seed continues. Lynch should give them just enough offense in this one. Picking against Arizona almost every week has worked out great so far, sooooooo.

Denver @ Cincinnati- The Broncos D has played well, so I just don't anticipate Dalton having a good game.