Golden Sun

Psych

That excuse of 'not having a story' is complete bullshit. The story is pretty much set up already. The problem is demand, Camelot doesn't think there's profit in making the game, or else they would have done it. It is, without a doubt, set up to provide at least one sequel.

It's arguably possibly to tie up most of the loose ends in its predecessor...unlikely as it may be

what does that end up saying then? Camelot's writers and scenario planners ... ran out of time and were forced to cut content or meet a deadline and, thus, had to put cliffhangers in instead? (Or something else entirely?)

Just because Dark Dawn ended up leading the player towards a sequel doesn't mean that that's how it was originally envisioned or planned. (Of course, it very well could have been planned that way and Camelot really, really has some internal issues that they need to take care of...)

Note that there is a ton of unused world map data in this game, including half way completed models of northern godowan(complete with venus lighthouse) and eastern hesperia, that look exactly as someone drew out general outlines and then never got around to a full render due to time constraints. I would guess that this is exactly what happened. Heck, i wouldn't be surprised if the points of no return are also due to time constraints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WKWMzq_no1k

As mentioned in the video description, you can actually do this in an unmodified game with a glitch, so you may want to try it yourself.

TCRF page: http://tcrf.net/Golden_Sun:_Dark_Dawn

Edited by sirmola

I think the fact that you can enter the canyon from the right side and can enter the Border Town from the left is more interesting. In the canyon, you can even shove that log right into that unique object below it.

This could mean that you were originally intended to actually get to Bilibin and either use the bridge to get there in the first place or be able to use later in the game to return to the old areas.

Personally I think that quite a few oddities could be explained if one assumes that the party was supposed to go to Bilibin before going to the southern part of the continent, starting with the fact that we actually see a man reaching the other side. You would think that would be brought up again.

Edited by BrightBow

I think the fact that you can enter the canyon from the right side and can enter the Border Town from the left is more interesting. In the canyon, you can even shove that log right into that unique object below it.

This could mean that you were originally intended to actually get to Bilibin and either use the bridge to get there in the first place or be able to use later in the game to return to the old areas.

Personally I think that quite a few oddities could be explained if one assumes that the party was supposed to go to Bilibin before going to the southern part of the continent, starting with the fact that we actually see a man reaching the other side. You would think that would be brought up again.

That's highly likely also. This game has lot of evidence of a rushed completion schedule. The points of no return and bad level curve might charitably be taken as evidence of this. However, there do not appear to be any completely unused areas that are not related in any way to existing ones except for test levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Was all the thing about Sheba ever explained ?

Because I remember wondering if her story will be touched, and then that was completely forgotten.

Dark Dawn is flawed, but it has good ideas. How the story for the first games was rewritten was interresting to see, at least.

Was all the thing about Sheba ever explained ?

Because I remember wondering if her story will be touched, and then that was completely forgotten.

Dark Dawn is flawed, but it has good ideas. How the story for the first games was rewritten was interresting to see, at least.

Not technically, but it's implied she's from the Anemos and fell to Weyard as a baby, creating the explosion at Babi Lighthouse. I'd like to believe GS4 would have you finally go to Anemos and she'd find out the truth but alas.

I hope it mimics Lost Age where the first game of the duo logy is in Angara and the second game has you go through the rest of the world.