Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that, if it gets enough boosts in both speed and special attack it's going to absolutely wreck ubers* if it manages to get a +1 in special attack. The ability itself implies Mega Sceptile is going to be specially based, which is nice (though odd imo, since Sceptile I think was more physically oriented in 3rd gen--having leaf blade as its signature move certainly implies this). And yeah, it's gonna be nice in doubles/VGC, too

but leaf blade was special in gen 3

no native Kalos Pokémon being able to Mega Evolve, somehow Mega Evolution made its way to Hoenn and this fact never spread out of the region. Plus, even though it's a legendary, I'd like to see how they spin that Diancie is allowed to Mega Evolve, given that it's a mutation from a Kalos-native Pokémon.

Where was it stated that Kalos pokemon specifically are restricted from ever mega evolving? I thought they just didn't make any (well, until now).

Edited by L95

Where was it stated that Kalos pokemon specifically are restricted from ever mega evolving? I thought they just didn't make any (well, until now).

I feel like I remember Sycamore saying it at one point, but don't quote me on that. It's entirely possible that I'm misremembering and it never comes up at all. If there was a dumped game script somewhere, I'd gladly try and track it down to see if I actually remembered reading it or not.

But the other part (about examples of Mega Evolution only appearing in Kalos) is definitely expressly stated in the game.

Oh crap.

I just noticed.

That even though Mega Sceptile is Dragon-type.

Sceptile isn't, so it can't learn Draco Meteor...

Noooooooooooo.

Leaf Storm is a terrible alternative.

But I don't wanna Swampert, 'cause I really don't love its look. I don't hate it. But I don't like it like I do Sceptile's...

Mega Blaziken would be great... were it not for the fact that we already have it.

IT CAN'T EVEN LEARN DRAGON PULSE BECAUSE THAT'S A BW2 TUTOR!

DRAGON BREATH?! SRSLY?!

And I dare assume that Mega Sceptile is going to be special-oriented.

With a terrible special movepool. *sigh*

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Dragon pulse might be included in its movepool, similar to how dragon pulse was added in Ampharos' movepool

Moves in the past have been included/rearranged in one's movepool during games in the same generation, if that makes sense

Edited by DodgeDusk

there's nothing preventing Sceptile/Mega Sceptile from getting Draco Meteor as a new move...

Lightningrod isn't useless, but a +1 Sp. Atk with correct prediction is not anywhere near as good as +1 Spd at the end of every turn or 2x Spd in Rain. The redirection ability is also only useful in double battles.

Oh crap.

I just noticed.

That even though Mega Sceptile is Dragon-type.

Sceptile isn't, so it can't learn Draco Meteor...

Noooooooooooo.

Leaf Storm is a terrible alternative.

But I don't wanna Swampert, 'cause I really don't love its look. I don't hate it. But I don't like it like I do Sceptile's...

Mega Blaziken would be great... were it not for the fact that we already have it.

IT CAN'T EVEN LEARN DRAGON PULSE BECAUSE THAT'S A BW2 TUTOR!

DRAGON BREATH?! SRSLY?!

And I dare assume that Mega Sceptile is going to be special-oriented.

With a terrible special movepool. *sigh*

What Dusk said

We could also get move tutors that can teach him Dragon Pulse

Dragon pulse might be included in its movepool, similar to how dragon pulse was added in Ampharos' movepool

Moves in the past have been included/rearranged in one's movepool during games in the same generation, if that makes sense

What Dusk said

We could also get move tutors that can teach him Dragon Pulse

True, true.

Either would be fine.

But still no Draco Meteor. ;n;

Srsly, though, Sceptile is literally the worst of the three. >___>

But I like its design, so all is good.

there's nothing preventing Sceptile/Mega Sceptile from getting Draco Meteor as a new move...

Lightningrod isn't useless, but a +1 Sp. Atk with correct prediction is not anywhere near as good as +1 Spd at the end of every turn or 2x Spd in Rain. The redirection ability is also only useful in double battles.

No... No Pokemon learns Draco Meteor naturally. And I doubt that's going to change.

It isn't. But it's way worse than the other two. ;n;

Edited by Fruity Insanity

True, true.

Either would be fine.

But still no Draco Meteor. ;n;

Srsly, though, Sceptile is literally the worst of the three. >___>

But I like its design, so all is good.

No... No Pokemon learns Draco Meteor naturally. And I doubt that's going to change.

It isn't. But it's way worse than the other two. ;n;

Maybe they'll make a change so that pokemon that gains the dragon typing when M-evolving will be able to learn it?

Maybe they'll make a change so that pokemon that gains the dragon typing when M-evolving will be able to learn it?

They could, but... I doubt it...

And it makes sense. In their normal form, they're not dragon-types. And only dragon-types can learn Draco Meteor.

Unless there is some way to keep a Pokemon in its Mega form outside of battle, I highly doubt it. :(

I feel like I remember Sycamore saying it at one point, but don't quote me on that. It's entirely possible that I'm misremembering and it never comes up at all. If there was a dumped game script somewhere, I'd gladly try and track it down to see if I actually remembered reading it or not.

But the other part (about examples of Mega Evolution only appearing in Kalos) is definitely expressly stated in the game.

Yeah, I agree on your second point, but I always see people say there is an actual story reason for Kalos pokes having no megas but I don't see where they got it from. (Speaking of, I've never been able to find script dumps for pokemon games, surprisingly. I was looking for mystery dungeon scripts a while back... granted, I have no idea where to look aside from some googling)

I guess GF will just blow it off like the Steel and dark types in FRLG, and the Fairy type in OARS

Holy shit, until now I see these scans /o\

GODAMNIT TREECKO TREECKO TREECKO. Hope I love this game more than the originals :o

So far, my choice is AS and treecko

and earlygame ralts :awesome:

That pretty sums up my plans regarding those games as well XD

*looks at those scans out of curiosity*

...Mega Sceptile and Mega Diancie. I'm liking that shit right there. :o

...They actually made May look cute. Wow. They still stayed with Brendan's stupid hat, but I never play male trainers, so that's not a problem for me.

Just make more non-Hoenn Pokemon available and the water routes less of a hassle to travel and I won't mind buying one of these.

Edited by Anacybele

I love how Sceptile and Swampert look but hate how Blaziken is still more op than them.

Tabitha gained weight and Team Aqua is now black.

Sceptile should have gotten an Ice related ability since it looks so Christmassy.

I love how Sceptile and Swampert look but hate how Blaziken is still more op than them.

Tabitha gained weight and Team Aqua is now black.

Sceptile should have gotten an Ice related ability since it looks so Christmassy.

He should have gotten an ability that makes him immune to ice

I'm not a fan of the Team Aqua and Magma redesigns at all. They should've kept them similar as they were in R/S/E, like how they kept Team Rocket similar to their original selves in FR/LG/HG/SS.

That fat guy can't be Tabitha. No way. :/ Why would they go and ruin his design like that?

I'll go with this

I can believe that the girl on Magma is Courtney and the guy and girl on Aqua is Matt and Shelly

But goddamn it, where's Tabitha

I'm not a fan of the Team Aqua and Magma redesigns at all. They should've kept them similar as they were in R/S/E, like how they kept Team Rocket similar to their original selves in FR/LG/HG/SS.

To be fair it's really only Fat Tabitha and Nick Fury Archie I have a problem with. The rest look great (I didn't like massive red hair Shelly had though I know many people disagree).