Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

So after completing the main game (currently on Delta episode), I'm starting to think that the complaints of "too much water" are pretty unfounded this time around. All the water routes are still there, but there were two main problems with them:

1. Navigation was difficult.

2. (Nearly) All the trainers you fought used water Pokemon.

Neither of these are true anymore. Navigation is no longer problem because 1) you can have the map on the lower screen to always know where you are, and 2) the routes themselves are more diverse, with landmarks being more recognizable. #2 isn't a problem because there are surfing trainers that use any type of Pokemon and more trainers in general on land.

Now the complaining is just that it's water instead of a cave, I guess? I also heard complaints about running into the same Pokemon all the time, but I wouldn't know if that's a problem because I, like any other smart person who wishes to not run into wild Pokemon, used repels.

Sharpedo going double the speed definitely helped as well. Overall, I found that GF did all they could to alleviate the problems people had with the amount of water in the original. In fact, the water routes were the ones that took me the less time to traverse with the exception of the short early game ones.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after completing the main game (currently on Delta episode), I'm starting to think that the complaints of "too much water" are pretty unfounded this time around. All the water routes are still there, but there were two main problems with them:

1. Navigation was difficult.

2. (Nearly) All the trainers you fought used water Pokemon.

Neither of these are true anymore. Navigation is no longer problem because 1) you can have the map on the lower screen to always know where you are, and 2) the routes themselves are more diverse, with landmarks being more recognizable.

3. You can fly to an individual route, doesn't matter when you have all the towns discovered, but it helps just before then.

Okay, so I beat the game. My team was

Blaziken Level 59

Swellow Level 58

Manectric level 58

Flygon level 58

Sharpedo level 56

Aggron level 54

The hardest battle in the game was a level 18 Tailow I found before Roxanne's gym. Steven was second.

I transferred all my competitive pokemon, and now I'm in the delta episode (I found Zekrom! I didn't catch it because I'm not in the mood to reset for IVs). I have to know: are you guys positive that if I beat Deoxys it will come back? Because I really want a perfect one and resetting through catching Rayquaza and those cutscenes is not something I want to do.

Edited by Graham the King

Whoa, I found a lv. 18 Taillow too, though it was right after the first gym. Didn't even try to catch it though, my Treecko was still only lv. 13 or 14.

that was the only battle in the game (besides primal kyogre resetting shenanigans) where I actually lost two pokemon

that fucker beat both of my team members

Serebii says that DexNav'd Absol can carry Life Orbs. Can someone confirm this?

Edit: I can confirm that DexNav'd Absols can indeed carry Life Orbs. So much BP saved.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

I have to know: are you guys positive that if I beat Deoxys it will come back? Because I really want a perfect one and resetting through catching Rayquaza and those cutscenes is not something I want to do.

This never got answered, and now I can't really move on until I know

I caught Rayquaza in a premier ball!!! Now I'm up against Deoxys so I kinda need to know if I can beat it and come back

This never got answered, and now I can't really move on until I know

I caught Rayquaza in a premier ball!!! Now I'm up against Deoxys so I kinda need to know if I can beat it and come back

I haven't tried it myself, but according to a quick google search, you can battle Deoxys at the top of the Sky Pillar after re-defeating the E4 if you KO it during the Delta Episode.

I just got the game yesterday, and I am about to battle the E4 (have to wait a bit cause my 3DS died)

My team is:

I Lift Bro (Starter, Swampert) Level 50, holding Swampertite, Male

Manakete (Latios) Level 43/44, holding Latiosite, Male

Eirika (Mightyena) Level 43/44, holding nothing, Female

Tectonis (Groudon) Level 51, holding Red Orb, no gender

Sllave (Linoone, HM Slave) Level 43/44, holding nothing, Male

Metang (Metang, Shiny, Event) Level 41/42, Metagrossite, no gender

I selected the female protagonist and named her Emily (Cause I can)

And is it just me, or does Wally's battle theme sound like it would be right at home in BlazBlue?

Edited by Mastergabe2000

I just got the game yesterday, and I am about to battle the E4 (have to wait a bit cause my 3DS died)

My team is:

I Lift Bro (Starter, Swampert) Level 50, holding Swampertite, Male

Manakete (Latios) Level 43/44, holding Latiosite, Male

Eirika (Mightyena) Level 43/44, holding nothing, Female

Tectonis (Groudon) Level 51, holding Red Orb, no gender

Sllave (Linoone, HM Slave) Level 43/44, holding nothing, Male

Metang (Metang, Shiny, Event) Level 41/42, Metagrossite, no gender

I selected the female protagonist and named her Emily (Cause I can)

And is it just me, or does Wally's battle theme sound like it would be right at home in BlazBlue?

What? That can't be possible. How the hell do you complete a Pokemon game in just one day? Or, well, almost complete it.

Edited by Anacybele

The ending of the delta episode, geez.

It's like something out of a fan hack (in a good way). You fight and catch mega Rayquaza. Then you battle Zinnia, which isn't that big of a deal on its own, but she is the strongest trainer you've fought until then and has mega Salamence, so it's kind of a big deal. Then you ride on Rayquaza's back into space to destroy a meteor on a collision course with the planet. And then fucking Deoxys comes out of the meteor, and it's level 80 after the Rayquaza you just caught is level 70.

Wow. That trumps anything that happened in X/Y, that's for sure.

What? That can't be possible. How the hell do you complete a Pokemon game in just one day? Or, well, almost complete it.

The main story through the E4 took me about 10 hours, and that's with fighting a lot of trainers along the way and doing some side stuff with animations all on. It's really not that bad. I usually beat Pokemon games through the champion in three or four days playing modestly.

It is rather easy compared to the originals

I would have completed Y the day it came out, had it not been for my DS dying and me forgetting to charge it

Yeah, the Gen 6 games are rather easy

EXP Share is why

They intentionally made levels higher in XY because of it, but forgot in ORAS so you end up like 10 levels above everything.

It removes a lot of difficulty but is a godsend to stop grinding.

It's like something out of a fan hack (in a good way).

at least for me, the best part after all that was finally getting that date with brendan

ships4dayz

Edited by CT075

Oh, I see. Well, I'm glad then, because my team was often under-leveled in Emerald. I still only have one badge and am about to go for badge 2, but I was playing Smash all weekend and didn't start my game until a couple days ago, and now I've been busy with Thanksgiving preparations. :P

The part with Groudon awakening is crazy, because

Groudon is surrounded by lava in the middle of ocean, then you go onto the land and the SKY ITSELF is on fire, and there is that creepy music in the background

so mons get boosted exp if they're above evolution level

probably so you can do things like hydro pump swampert more easily

It turns out they grant your Mon with like three hearts in the Pokémon Amie thing. It happened with once my Skitty had reached a certain level (somewhere in its mid 20's, IIRC), when I hadn't touched it even once since I started playing. Although why that would apply to someone who evolves by stone... I got nothing ~o3o~

One thing I really want to do when I finish the Delta Episode is to have Deoxys be the first Pokemon I do Pokemon-Amie with (I kinda ignored it in the main story)

I actually just finished the Delta Episode. It took me like 10 resets to catch Deoxys though

And I lied about the Deoxys Pokemon-Amie thing. I did it with my shiny Metagross

Edited by Mastergabe2000