Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

10 levels? Try 20.

At least it's better then X/Y's E4 where their Pokemon don't change at all during rematches.

The E4 rematch has them at level 70 or more

they all have mega stones as well

I had a feeling their teams would have one mega at least during the rematches.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrt the scanner in sea mauville, it's in the bottom right corner of the basement (the part where you need dive); if you go to the corner and then just start swimming around mashing A you'll get it eventually (if you google you'll probably find a picture of roughly where it is)

underwater hidden items are shitty af though because there's literally no indication of where they are

Oh... I wouldn't stand any chance then. It'd take me forever to level up my team enough. And I suppose you have to battle Steven again too...

just get secret blissie bases, those things are a miracle at level 100

Well then, looks like I'm looking for the tutor in Meteor Falls for nothing... -_-

I just found the Dragon Claw TM, but it basically has the same power as Dual Chop. Dual Chop has a power of 40, but it hits twice, so it really has a power of 80, just like Dragon Claw.

My only gripe with Dual Chop was that it doesn't have 100 accuracy, sometime missing when I really needed it to hit, which is why I switched to Dragon Claw.

just get secret blissie bases, those things are a miracle at level 100

I can confirm that they help.

Here's a page with 6 QR codes for secret bases that are all in the Secret Meadow and each contain 3 lvl 100 Blisseys

Oh... I wouldn't stand any chance then. It'd take me forever to level up my team enough. And I suppose you have to battle Steven again too...

You can beat them with Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre and a good steel sweeper (fire with coverage vs the two pokemon that are not steel type.)

Meta Rayquaza outspeed every pokemon in the E4 at lv 70. You can afford to use dragon descent and dragon pulse and 1hko them every time.

Edited by Fateborn

wrt the scanner in sea mauville, it's in the bottom right corner of the basement (the part where you need dive); if you go to the corner and then just start swimming around mashing A you'll get it eventually (if you google you'll probably find a picture of roughly where it is)

underwater hidden items are shitty af though because there's literally no indication of where they are

Just swim around in the lower level. You'll find it.

Okay, so I'm doing the Delta Episode now (and I'm finding it pretty neat. I don't see what's to hate about it. Though I'm indifferent to Zinnia so far. I don't dislike her, she's kinda interesting. But I don't think she's like omg awesome or anything). And I'm at the part where you meet Steven in Meteor Falls. But I can't find him anywhere. Did I miss something?

EDIT: Never mind, I found him. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, so I'm doing the Delta Episode now (and I'm finding it pretty neat. I don't see what's to hate about it. Though I'm indifferent to Zinnia so far. I don't dislike her, she's kinda interesting. But I don't think she's like omg awesome or anything). And I'm at the part where you meet Steven in Meteor Falls. But I can't find him anywhere. Did I miss something?

EDIT: Never mind, I found him. xP

You should wait till you hear Zinnia's battle theme before you catch Deoxys.

It's amazing, and sounds like the love child of Professor Layton, Xenoblade, and Kingdom Hearts

Wally's battle theme is also amazing

I've heard Wally's battle theme. It's pretty cool!

Also, I just caught Rayquaza with a single Great Ball.. Didn't throw anything else. Is this...supposed to happen? o.o I recall Rayquaza being waaay more of a bitch to catch in past games. Which was why I never ever had one until now.

But at least the Master Ball is free for Deoxys.

Edited by Anacybele

Legendaries in general had their catch rates increased in X/Y, and some specific ones have had their catch rates increased a huge amount, including Rayquaza. I think I caught him with 2 Ultra Balls after he was in the red, but there's reportedly a decent chance of catching him with one even at full health.

Deoxys isn't quite as easy to catch but is also not quite as difficult as you might expect. Your pokemon are probably in the 60s so I don't think it's necessary to use a Master Ball, especially if you have something that can status it. Deoxys will come out guns blazing with Psycho Boost and probably knock out at least one pokemon but this lowers its Sp.Atk by two stages, so after two or three his damage output is relatively low. The more annoying thing is that he boosts his defences really high with Cosmic Power and can heal HP with Recover, but it's still a waiting game.

Well, I used the Master Ball anyway because I didn't want to take any chances. Other legendary Pokemon I can just save near and try as many times as I need to, right?

Edited by Anacybele

I've heard Wally's battle theme. It's pretty cool!

Also, I just caught Rayquaza with a single Great Ball.. Didn't throw anything else. Is this...supposed to happen? o.o I recall Rayquaza being waaay more of a bitch to catch in past games. Which was why I never ever had one until now.

But at least the Master Ball is free for Deoxys.

I think Rayquaza is meant as a quasi-coded catch. Kinda like Xerneas and Yveltal in Pokemon X and Y and Reshiram and Zekrom in Black and White

Catching Deoxys is insanely hard without a Master Ball

It took me like 10 resets to finally catch the thing

Paralyzed and at 1 Health

I think Rayquaza is meant as a quasi-coded catch. Kinda like Xerneas and Yveltal in Pokemon X and Y and Reshiram and Zekrom in Black and White

Catching Deoxys is insanely hard without a Master Ball

It took me like 10 resets to finally catch the thing

Paralyzed and at 1 Health

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, it's what happened to me too. Took 1 ultra ball for Rayquaza and about 20 before I said fuck it about Deoxys and used the Master Ball

I guess I got really lucky on Deoxys then

Accidentally killed it once (thanks deoxys defense) and didn't know it shows up later so my second try I just opened with a quick ball

and it went in

I was gonna use Master Ball too

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, it's what happened to me too. Took 1 ultra ball for Rayquaza and about 20 before I said fuck it about Deoxys and used the Master Ball

I had used my Master Ball on Groudon

Took 1 ultra ball for Rayquaza and about 20 before I said fuck it about Deoxys and used the Master Ball

Well,space is night,right?And Dusk Balls only work at night or in caves,right?If I end up wasting my Master Ball on a shiny Abra or something,I'm going to be packing a hell lotta Dusk Balls for Deoxys.

I'm going to be seen as a troll once I catch Rayquaza in a Pokeball at full health.

Edited by Shinehollow

Found my first Mega stone, the Alazakite. Shame that I don't intend to use Alakazam.

Stones I'm interested in getting are the Gyaradosite and Aggronite. And of course the Sceptilite, but I think that's given to me at some point anyway.

Once I get my bike I'll have to backtrack to catch an Aron.

Found my first Mega stone, the Alazakite. Shame that I don't intend to use Alakazam.

Stones I'm interested in getting are the Gyaradosite and Aggronite. And of course the Sceptilite, but I think that's given to me at some point anyway.

Once I get my bike I'll have to backtrack to catch an Aron.

Stones are actually quite easy to find. I don't think there are too many that are out of the way, except for some places like Meteor Falls, Sea Mauville, and the Safari Zone, and almost all of them can be gotten pre-E4

So guys, these mirage spots that have been mentioned every now and then. Do they start appearing as soon as you beat the league or as soon as you finish the Delta Episode, or what? I want to catch some legendaries!

Also, I never did figure out how to find the Regi trio in the original RSE. Can someone tell me about that too for AS? I've only caught them in gen 5.

Edited by Anacybele

they appear when you can soar

so you can technically find national pokemon before the nation dex

basically it goes

groundon/kyogre

soaring and mirage spots

national dex

e4

delta episode

battle maison

regi's are the same method as gen 3

IIRC, most of the mirage spots appear as soon as you can Soar and got the National Dex. Serebii has a page with all the details.

As for the Regis, it's a really complicated process compared to everything else. You need a Relicanth, a Wailord and pokemon with Dig and Dive. First, you go to route 134 and need to find the correct path among the current that will lead you to a dive patch. Next, you need to find a rock with Braille text and re-surface there. You'l then need to find another Braille inscription and use dig there. Finally, put Relicanth at the head of the party and Wailord at the end and then read another Braille inscription. Then their caves will open (they look like a rock hill surrounded by 6 smaller rocks and a ruin maniac is usually nearby.) These cave can be found in the Desert in route 111, on route 105 and on route 120.

Edit: Forgot that even then there's some other weirdness specific to each cave.

Regirock in the Desert Tomb (route 111): Once you enter the cave, you'll see another inscription. Interact with it and then use the d-pad to move right twice, down twice and use Strength to open the door to Regirock.

Regice in the Island Tomb (route 105): You'll find another inscription when entering the cave. Read it and then wait for 2 minutes. The door should then open

Registeel in the Ancient Tomb (route 120): Go in the middle of the room inside the cave and use fly, the door should open.

There's also Regigigas that requires you to have all 3 Regis in your party but you need to have Regice nicknamed and holding either a Castelia Cone, a Nevermelt Ice or a Snowball before going to Island Tomb (where you got Regice) to fight Regigigas.

Edited by LuxSpes