Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MegaPedo

So who has the best birthday?

I do.

What's happening this year on my birthday?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire comes out, that's what.

By the way I hate how there are new Megas and some of you are wanking to the idea of more, like why. What's just now showing up as a Mega should have been a Mega in XY. Although, Primal Groudon/Kyogre are pretty different.

So who has the best birthday?

I do.

What's happening this year on my birthday?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire comes out, that's what.

By the way I hate how there are new Megas and some of you are wanking to the idea of more, like why. What's just now showing up as a Mega should have been a Mega in XY. Although, Primal Groudon/Kyogre are pretty different.

I agree with the bolded part, but for a lot of pokemon, new Mega Evolutions mean that a pokemon becomes much more viable competitively, and a ton of people (myself included) love that. Now all I want is a Mega Typhlosion/Mega Feraligatr (and give Typhlosion some more good special attacks like Earth Power or Thunderbolt, which both make sense as Typhlosion is the "Volcano" Pokemon, and learns more electric attacks than most other fire types) and I will be a very happy camper.

Edited by Kamina

Given the "improvements" of Nintendo's online infrastructure, i.e. actually having one in the first place, I would not be surprised at all if there's a patch for X/Y once OR/AS are released that patch in the various new content that will be able to be traded over. So, you'd still be able to get the stuff in X/Y, though only from someone (including yourself) sending it over to those games. Plus, you'd need the data to be able to battle against OR/AS players.

(And, given that these Megas weren't datamined from X/Y gives a pretty strong chance that this will need to happen, as that data's not natively in the game.)

I'm still more curious about the timeline thing with the Megas and their priorly stated Kalos-exclusivity...

Edited by Lord Glenn

I hope Pokémon from other regions get Megas not just Hoenn. It's not like Sableye NEEDED one, I mean it has one of the best abilities in the game... I guess it's consistent with Mawile getting one, though.

Anyway, all we're seeing in these games convinced me that we're getting further remakes down the road. Can't see GF leaving Dialga/Palkia/Reshiram/Zekrom weakened against Groudon/Kyogre, and especially not the other regions' starters without Mega Evolutions of their own.

Aaand... Groudon gets Fire-type, which is awesome. :P

please tell me we don't have to start looking for clues for sinnoh remakes now

also I'm not sure Gen 4 remakes are need, considering they're much more align with the modern graphics as opposed to how the gen 3 games were

it's also kind of weird since now we could hypothetically transfer pokemon from gen 3 all the way through to gen 6 now

I hope Pokémon from other regions get Megas not just Hoenn. It's not like Sableye NEEDED one, I mean it has one of the best abilities in the game... I guess it's consistent with Mawile getting one, though.

Anyway, all we're seeing in these games convinced me that we're getting further remakes down the road. Can't see GF leaving Dialga/Palkia/Reshiram/Zekrom weakened against Groudon/Kyogre, and especially not the other regions' starters without Mega Evolutions of their own.

Aaand... Groudon gets Fire-type, which is awesome. :P

I want a cannon Primal Dialga (and they better use the song from PMD for the battle against it.)

I wonder if we'll see Primal Lugia/Ho-oh or Primal Rayquaza (or mega w/e) to make it that all the legendaries become equally broken.

Speaking of MegaEye, what do you guys think its ability will be? I've heard things like Prankster, Wonder Guard (please never), and even Stance Change of all things. I personally think it'll keep Prankster, but Stance Change sounds really interesting. I've also heard things like giving a new ability that functions as a Stance Change and Prankster mix, where status moves change it to a defensive form with Prankster's attributes, and attacks make it an attacking form.

I want a cannon Primal Dialga (and they better use the song from PMD for the battle against it.)

I wonder if we'll see Primal Lugia/Ho-oh or Primal Rayquaza (or mega w/e) to make it that all the legendaries become equally broken.

I can potentially see Primal forms for the Legendary Gerbils/Doge/Beasts, because didn't they have lore or backstory or something in the Johto games that when the Brass Tower was destroyed, there were some pokemon that died and were revived by Ho-oh as Entei, Raikou, and Suicune?

Edited by Konnor97

I doubt Mega Sableye would get Wonder Guard. A team that doesn't have an attacking Fairy type move on one of their Pokemon would instantly lose.

poison, burn, confusion, hazards, struggle

EDIT: leech seed, curse, aftermath, iron barbs, rocky helmet

Edited by Comet

I can potentially see Primal forms for the Legendary Gerbils/Doge/Beasts, because didn't they have lore or backstory or something in the Johto games that when the Brass Tower was destroyed, there were some pokemon that died and were revived by Ho-oh as Entei, Raikou, and Suicune?

That would be awesome especially for Entei who is underutilized and deserves a boost.

Their story is basically what you said, with some flavor as follows:

Raikou represents the lightning that struck the tower,

Entei represents the fire that burned down the tower,

Suicune represents the rain and wind that cooled down the tower.

I'd say there's lots of potential in revisiting Johto's lore, but I'd leave that for 7th gen or even 8th gen.

Bird Jesus, Entei got Sacred Fire, which puts him solidly in uu, and completely usable in ou. With him also getting the event move extreme speed, I think he got enough of a boost.

Edited by Comet

English site is up http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/

There are some new screenshots, like some magma/aqua dialogue, and littleroot. Serebii has all of them uploaded, so if you don't want to hunt through the official site, look there.

EN_V1_p27_01_lwd.jpgEN_V1_p27_06_bgo.jpg

EN_V1_p27_02_bwm.jpgEN_V1_p27_07_wom.jpg

EN_V1_p17_02_val.jpgEN_V1_p30_04-05_pdp.jpg (there may or may not be a secret base indent in this picture)

p16_04_vfn.jpg

(This one looks to be coming out of the truck)

Official site calls the mega bangle the mega keystone, I think.

Edited by L95

I don't want to jinx it, but I hope bases weren't replaced by hidden grottoes (even though those were pretty cool).

Also, funny how everyone stuck with "Mega Bangle", when I'm pretty sure "Bangle" usually translates to "Bracelet" (don't quote me on this though).

I was looking at the page for Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon on the main site and this picture

Kyogre_Groudon_illustration.png

reminded me of another one

Rayquaza-Groudon-kyogre-dragon-type-poke

I find the 2 pictures to be quite similar, though there's one major thing missing from the first?

Also, the pics for the 2 primals are accompanied with some short sentences and some got my attention:

'Spears of rock wrapped in magma stab out at the target! What move is this?!'

'What move is this?! The pillars of water that have been unleashed are assaulting the target!'

It could be old moves that got revamped visuals, but it could just as well be indicators of new moves. The description and appearance of those move also seem to match the ones depicted on the first picture.

And the info-sheet for each Primal doesn't list their abilities, suggesting that they'll be getting a new one (possibly powered up version of Drizzle and Drought so that they match the pre-nerfed version of the abilities)

Edited by LuxSpes

Damn, Team Aqua grunts look hella bro. I'm glad I'll be working with them in OR.

Also, since you could get a Johto starter in Emerald after completing the Hoenn Dex, what if that comes back (but not having to complete the Hoenn Dex), along with a Mega Stone for Meganium, Typhlosion, or Feraligatr?

Edited by ZM©

Also, since you could get a Johto starter in Emerald after completing the Hoenn Dex, what if that comes back (but not having the complete the Hoenn Dex), along with a Mega Stone for Meganium, Typhlosion, or Feraligatr?

I would love that. Perhaps you could get them as a reward in Rustburo for helping the Devon guy, or from Steven for delivering the letter to him?