Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember reading correctly, I think there's one more issue of CoroCoro that will be out before OR/AS release, so it would probably be in Nintendo's best interest to not potentially announce something now and spoil something that'll be in CoroCoro in a week or so. So, it makes sense that there was no Pokemon coverage in the Direct.

So, the secret misisons seem to show up a week after your first playthrough.

I got a Nugget in the demo today. I believe I've played it almost 15 times. But I'm not sure that it's only been a week since I first got the demo... It feels like it's been longer than that.

Edited by Anacybele

I got a Nugget in the demo today. I believe I've played it almost 15 times. But I'm not sure that it's only been a week since I first got the demo... It feels like it's been longer than that.

You got the Nugget mission?Did you also get the Team Magma/Aqua one yet?You fight in it,and I was wondering if the grunts are more of a challenge then the elders because for being secret it should get a little difficulty spike.

Er, wasn't that the very first demo mission? I fought them in it, even down to a double battle against Tabitha and what's-his-face.

Theres another one. Serebii has a page for the demo. Confusing I know.

As seen here:http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml,there is to be a short on OR/AS with Brendan and May's new designs and the Hoenn starters.This may have the mega Hoenn starters that were in the Mega Evolution Act II trailer,but were not in the episode.It's set to air in Japan on some channel after the re-airing of Destiny Deoxys on November 16.

No new Megas in Corocoro leaks. :<

At least the Lake Spirit Trio, the Musketeer Trio, the Genie Trio, the Legendary Beast Trio, the Mineral Trio, Cresselia, Heatran, and Regigigas are all available to catch in-game?

And apparently Deoxys. In a part of the game called Episode Delta.

Well, said Legendaries are mostly going to be Mirage Spot-related, aren't they? (The Regis, Deoxys, and maybe Regigigas excluded, of course.) In which case, they'll most likely fall into the Version Exclusivity for the Spots which was mentioned in the official video that confirmed/unveiled the feature... (Which isn't an issue if you're buying both games, but for those that aren't...)

Also, while an actual story Deoxys event is cool (getting really tired of just straight up gifted events with no actual plot - see how Arceus event was in game and only ever distributed, etc), and it probably factored into the Delta Emerald trademark, I was honestly hoping for more information from the last pre-release reveal. More version exclusive info or post-game (i.e. Battle Frontier or tutors, even if only briefly touched on) would have been appreciated.

(Just over a week to release date and I don't have enough to go on for exclusives sake to pick a version... :( )

EDIT - Sure love how they're expecting that we got that Event Darkrai too... OH WAIT.

Edited by Lord Glenn

(The Regis, Deoxys, and maybe Regigigas excluded, of course.)

In the trailer the Regis were with the Mirage Spot Pokemon,so maybe instead of the caves they use Mirage Spots.Though,honestly,I prefer the R/S/E way of getting them.

Actually, the official site shows the Braille puzzles for the Regis, so I don't know why they were erroneously grouped with Mirage Spot in the trailer. (Regigigas is apparently available just by catching the three "underlings".)

Also, the description under Heatran seems to imply that we might be getting some of the legendaries in places other than Mirages, but maybe that's just a goof on the US site?

OH!! OH MY GODS. :D

December_2014_CoroCoro_Mythical.jpg

We can get Keldeo in the game! At least that's what this looks like. I don't know Japanese, so... But it says something about him! I won't have to transfer the one I have in X if I'll be able to catch him in Alpha Sapphire! And hopefully he'll have a better nature this time too. My X Keldeo has a sp. attack lowering one. >_< I Super Trained him anyway though, just because he's Keldeo and Keldeo is my favorite Pokemon. ^^

And a new character key to the story was also shown in this CoroCoro. This is looking like the old boring RSE story has been improved. I'm starting to actually get excited for this!

That's unfortunately not the case. It's a Japanese-only event.

Japanese Pokemon fans can collect serial codes from Pokemon products (trading card packs, pokemon pencil cases and apparently pokemon sandwich packs). They can redeem the serial codes for prizes. One code gets you Shaymin, as shown by the 1 next to Shaymin. Victini requires 16, as shown by the 16 next to Victini. The Master Ball requires 20, which is why there's a 20 and a master ball there. Redeeming 7 codes gets you Keldeo, as shown by the 7 above Keldeo.

That's unfortunately not the case. It's a Japanese-only event.

Japanese Pokemon fans can collect serial codes from Pokemon products (trading card packs, pokemon pencil cases and apparently pokemon sandwich packs). They can redeem the serial codes for prizes. One code gets you Shaymin, as shown by the 1 next to Shaymin. Victini requires 16, as shown by the 16 next to Victini. The Master Ball requires 20, which is why there's a 20 and a master ball there. Redeeming 7 codes gets you Keldeo, as shown by the 7 above Keldeo.

And once again everyone else is unfairly left out of event-only stuff like this. >_> It's such bullshit. Edited by Anacybele

Anybody suspect that the demo leak was missing a few things?

Blaziken knows Ice Punch according to the official website. Was that included in the demo?

nov_p21_10_vyg.jpgnov_p21_11_pps.jpg

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/starter-pokemon/ultimate-moves

1.Yes.

2.No.The Blazekin in the demo has moves it can learn via level up and Blast Burn,but no Ice Punch.It was never able to learn Ice Punch in the past.How it makes sense to give a Fire-Type an Ice-Type move,I don't know.

Anybody suspect that the demo leak was missing a few things?

Blaziken knows Ice Punch according to the official website. Was that included in the demo?

nov_p21_10_vyg.jpgnov_p21_11_pps.jpg

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/starter-pokemon/ultimate-moves

I haven't followed ORAS' demo leak for a while, but IIRC, the only moves available for the starters (and Glalie) were a couple of level-up moves.