Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE13 Demo didn't have Bullion (S) programmed in and bricked the game when Leif's Blade would activate Despoil. Bravely Default Demo didn't have data for all Jobs and StreetPass data from the full version would be blank and unusable when attempting to access what's not in the Demo.

I'm going to assume the ORAS Demo doesn't have:

-most Level-up move data (only some).

-all Mega Evolution data (again, only some).

-any main story content.

Edited by Kiseki

FE13 Demo didn't have Bullion (S) programmed in and bricked the game when Leif's Blade would activate Despoil. Bravely Default Demo didn't have data for all Jobs and StreetPass data from the full version would be blank and unusable when attempting to access what's not in the Demo.

I'm going to assume the ORAS Demo doesn't have:

-most Level-up move data (only some).

-all Mega Evolution data (again, only some).

-any main story content.

IIRC, it has the majority of Level-up moves and even TM and tutor moves, though there was a situation regarding Dark Pulse(I think it was both a TM and a tutor move) that pointed out that the demo was not 100% true to what the game full game would have.

How it makes sense to give a Fire-Type an Ice-Type move,I don't know.

Well, in the case of Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar, it helps with coverage. Ice is strong against Flying types, which are strong against Fighting types, which the aforementioned Fire types are. :P

Infernape can make the most use of Ice Punch though, because Iron Fist. If you can get one with its hidden ability.

Edited by Anacybele

I think Shinehollow was NOT talking about type coverage, Ana. Historically Fire-types never get Ice moves because well Fire and Ice are kinda incompatible aren't they. If memory serves, Emboar is still the only Fire-type to even get a Water move.

The two screenshots of Blaziken VS Flygon and Flygon getting Ice Punched are probably put together out of context. That is, it's probably a different Pokemon fighting the Flygon in the Ice Punch screenshot.

The two screenshots of Blaziken VS Flygon and Flygon getting Ice Punched are probably put together out of context. That is, it's probably a different Pokemon fighting the Flygon in the Ice Punch screenshot.

Kind of supported by the demo leaks as well. Unless they've changed tutor compatability in the final version, it still only gets fire and thunder punch.

I think Shinehollow was NOT talking about type coverage, Ana. Historically Fire-types never get Ice moves because well Fire and Ice are kinda incompatible aren't they. If memory serves, Emboar is still the only Fire-type to even get a Water move.

Oh! Oops, my bad then. xP

Those screenshot are taken straight from the ORAS website. In the section about Blaziken, they say it can learn Blast Burn, but just below it there's additional info that says that Blaziken can learn all 3 elemental punch. So unless the official website is outright lying, Blaziken gets Ice Punch.

Those screenshot are taken straight from the ORAS website. In the section about Blaziken, they say it can learn Blast Burn, but just below it there's additional info that says that Blaziken can learn all 3 elemental punch. So unless the official website is outright lying, Blaziken gets Ice Punch.

Source?

The water and HMs were two of the big problems I had with the originals. Looks like GameFreak didn't wise up here. :/

Well, to an extent they have to be faithful to the originals. I'm not gonna dock points because of "Too Much Water" because seriously, you only have to deal with them for a small fraction of the game for exploration. After you're done, what are the chances of you traversing water again? Besides the theme of Ruby/Sapphire was the battle between Land and Sea. Half of the region is land, half is water. I say it fit the theme well by demonstrating that balance. I sure people gripe about the water since they need surf, but you can honestly just skip it using boats or flying. Not like you're planning on walking from Lilycove back to Littleroot.

But seriously, check out the comments for the IGN review. They're the best thing ever

Edited by Naui

IGN's review only says that there are 7 HMs, not how much any of them needs to be used, except noting that you actually do not need a Pokemon with Fly in your party to fly around and that Flash is gone. If the required usage to get to the end is the same, that's really not so bad. Or maybe I'm just remembering Sinnoh's over-reliance on HM usage too much, idk.

And this part doesn't really make sense:

It’s not a new complaint, but Hoenn is still imbalanced type-wise, heavily favoring water. It’s especially noticeable in Alpha Sapphire, in which Team Aqua (the villains of the piece) use a lot of water types.

Enemies having water goes against the game favoring water types...And since there are a lot of bodies of water and swimmers always use water types...yeah.

The bodies of water was kind of important to Ruby/Sapphire and I found the real problem wasn't how much there was, but how difficult to navigate some of it could be, as it could be really easy to get lost. If they fixed that, then I can't see it as a problem.

Still no word on the Battle Frontier. Pleeeeeeease Game Freak.

Well, to an extent they have to be faithful to the originals. I'm not gonna dock points because of "Too Much Water" because seriously, you only have to deal with them for a small fraction of the game for exploration. After you're done, what are the chances of you traversing water again? Besides the theme of Ruby/Sapphire was the battle between Land and Sea. Half of the region is land, half is water. I say it fit the theme well by demonstrating that balance. I sure people gripe about the water since they need surf, but you can honestly just skip it using boats or flying. Not like you're planning on walking from Lilycove back to Littleroot.

Yeah, and I was never fond of it. I just don't like the idea of half a region being water, especially empty water where you run into almost nothing but Tentacool. Sinnoh did water perfectly imo. There were a few water routes, but not too many, and you were only even required to venture on one of them (the route between Sunyshore City and the Pokemon League). Though, there was also the tiny body of water you had to cross to get to Canalave City. Although if you wanted to use the Pal Park after the main story, you did have to use the water route south of Sandgem Town.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, and I was never fond of it. I just don't like the idea of half a region being water, especially empty water where you run into almost nothing but Tentacool. Sinnoh did water perfectly imo. There were a few water routes, but not too many, and you were only even required to venture on one of them (the route between Sunyshore City and the Pokemon League). Though, there was also the tiny body of water you had to cross to get to Canalave City. Although if you wanted to use the Pal Park after the main story, you did have to use the water route south of Sandgem Town.

Fair enough. But that made Surf feel useless utility wise in Sinnoh, which isn't a bad thing per se. Maybe it's just me because I live in Hawaii, but I didn't mind the Surfing sections considering the depth of some of these water route features like the abandoned ship, the relic chamber, and Pacifilog Town. Though I can agree that the aquatic diversity is quite shallow when surfing. But we also got diving again which was another cool feature.

I don't feel that having a lot of surfing is necessarily a bad point since you can ignore it after traveling to your destination once. Post game, you'll spend very little surfing afterwards except to complete post game events.

So according to Google search results, the Battle Frontier is not in the game...but is hinted at, and even mentioned by name by NPCs.

I swear to god. I will still (begrudgingly) buy the game, but if the Battle Frontier never shows up through a patch or free DLC or something, I will forever condemn these games as Game Freak's biggest mistake. It will be even worse than Ice Climbers being cut from SSB4.

Ima go cry myself to sleep now.

So according to Google search results, the Battle Frontier is not in the game...but is hinted at, and even mentioned by name by NPCs.

Oh for the love of God, that just single-handedly killed my enthusiasm for ORAS. WHY, GAME FREAK?! The Battle Frontier was probably the best addition to the series you've ever done, and now you're leaving it out?! When HG and SS had it, you leave it out of the remake of the very region that created it?! I spent so much more time playing Emerald because of the Battle Frontier because it was literally endless fun battles, something I find lacking in Pokemon post-games. Hopefully Game Freak will add it in at some point, even if the fans have to force them to.

Eh, I never used the Battle Frontier since I was never a competitive player, so this makes no difference to me.

Still, it IS odd for it not to be in remakes of the games from the generation where it debuted.