Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

Zomg guys I got AS today! But gonna play it til Friday because finals; and studies are first amirite.

I've been planning my team and came up with this:

Mandatory:

Zigzagoon-Linoone || Tropius

Pelipper || Wailmer-Wailord

These can be my HM slaves for Cut, Fly, Surf, Waterfall, Dive, Rock Smash and Strength. I hope those are all the HMs.

And for serious main game:

Sceptile

Gardevoir

Manectric (?)

Aggron (?)

I want some suggestions regarding main team, Sceptile and Gardevoir are my classic options, although in the original Sapphire I had Blaziken, Gardevoir and Roselia, but I'm kind of tired of Blaziken and Mega Sceptile looks awesome. Dunno if Altaria, Camerupt, Sableye...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thank you very much!

Edit: forgot to mention I tend to not use legendaries for main game. Just saiyan~

Edited by Quintessence

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrt Kyogre and Groudon, I believe they reappear in the same place post-E4

e4 resets any legendaries you kill/run away from, including rayquaza and deoxys

in other news i just caught a giant space dorito

Gallade > Gardevoir. Gallade is just way cooler, both in its normal form and its Mega form. Although it might take some patience to get a Dawn Stone for a male Kirlia.

Unless you want a Hoenn-only team.

Question in regards to the Mirage Spots:

For the Legendaries that require other Legendaries to be in the party to unlock/encounter, are they required to be Gen VI/Mirage Spot/Hoenn-native or will transferred Pokemon work to meet the requirements? Haven't seen Serebii mention this at all with their coverage...

Question in regards to the Mirage Spots:

For the Legendaries that require other Legendaries to be in the party to unlock/encounter, are they required to be Gen VI/Mirage Spot/Hoenn-native or will transferred Pokemon work to meet the requirements? Haven't seen Serebii mention this at all with their coverage...

I found Entei with Lugia and my Reshiram from Black, so yeah

I just explored Sea Mauville.

And finding a room full of nuggets and big nuggets is just wow. That's a lot of money. o.o Of course, the Ice Beam TM and Beedrillite are nice finds too!

But there's a scientist guy at the entrance that says he's looking for a scanner of some kind that might be in the lowest level room. But I went down there and didn't find anything. Is this just some random extra bit that isn't supposed to mean anything? Or am I missing something? Or is it post-game only stuff?

Pardon the double post, but I've got a quick question.

I've gotten through Victory Road and battled Wally (that theme IS pretty dang cool. :o) and all and I can go battle the E4 and Steven. Is my team leveled up enough though?

Sceptile lv. 58

Gallade lv. 57

Mightyena lv. 58

Crobat lv. 58

Ninetales lv. 58

Gyarados lv. 57

In addition, Sceptile has its Mega Stone and Gyarados has its Mega Stone. I don't know much about Hoenn's E4 and Steven since I never did challenge them in the original games, but I think I've heard that there's Phoebe who uses Ghost types, Sidney who uses Dark types, Glacia who uses Ice types, Drake who uses Dragon types, and Steven leans toward Steel types. Is that right?

If so, I have moves that can trump all those. Gyarados has Ice Fang for Dragons, Sceptile has Dual Chop for Dragons, Mightyena and Gyarados both have Crunch for Ghost types, Sceptile has X-Scissor for Dark types, and Ninetales and its Flamethrower can do Ice and Steel types. Ninetales also has Dark Pulse and Mightyena also has Assurance. Gallade also has Close Combat for Dark types.

So I'm good to go, right?

Edited by Anacybele

You're good to go. Just remember that Steven has more a mixture of Steel, Rock, and Ground than simply Steel.

EDIT: For the record, my team of only 3 were level 58 at the end of my first E4 clear.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Dual Chop isn't a huge threat against Drake's pokemon, you'll have to watch out his Salamence, unless you mega evolve Gyarados or teach Dragon Pulse (?) to Sceptile. You won't have much problem against Sidney, Phoebe or Glacia but Steven can KO Ninetales with either Claydol or Armaldo.

Edited by Quintessence

Dual Chop isn't a huge threat against Drake's pokemon, you'll have to watch out his Salamence, unless you mega evolve Gyarados or teach Dragon Pulse (?) to Sceptile. You won't have much problem against Sidney, Phoebe or Glacia but Steven can KO Ninetales with either Claydol or Armaldo.

Steven has a Claydol and Armaldo? I thought he used Steel types. o_O

You're good to go. Just remember that Steven has more a mixture of Steel, Rock, and Ground than simply Steel.

Oh, I see now. I hadn't known that at all. I might've gotten my ass kicked if you didn't mention this. >_<

If Dragon Pulse is a TM, I don't have it yet. If not, then is it a tutor move?

Edited by Anacybele

Pretty sure Dragon Pulse can only be gotten from the Battle Resort Mover Tutors, which are only accessible post-E4/Delta Episode.

Well then, looks like I'm looking for the tutor in Meteor Falls for nothing... -_-

I just found the Dragon Claw TM, but it basically has the same power as Dual Chop. Dual Chop has a power of 40, but it hits twice, so it really has a power of 80, just like Dragon Claw.

Edited by Anacybele

I just explored Sea Mauville.

And finding a room full of nuggets and big nuggets is just wow. That's a lot of money. o.o Of course, the Ice Beam TM and Beedrillite are nice finds too!

But there's a scientist guy at the entrance that says he's looking for a scanner of some kind that might be in the lowest level room. But I went down there and didn't find anything. Is this just some random extra bit that isn't supposed to mean anything? Or am I missing something? Or is it post-game only stuff?

I'm pretty sure the scanner only appears after you get the national dex upgrade. it's in the flooded basement at the deepest point, and I found it near the right side of the stairs

also lilycove tms are expensive so i say use the cash for that

Yeah, good idea. I want to buy some more of those TMs anyway.

I was just fine, guys, I finished Steven! Although I was caught completely off guard by some moves. Like Sidney's Absol using Aerial Ace (I had Sceptile out at the time). And some Ice Beams on Pokemon NOT belonging to Glacia.

But Ninetales pretty much swept Glacia (with a little help from Gallade because of Walrein also being Water type). Mega Gyarados swept Drake. A combination of Pokemon did the work against Sidney and Phoebe. But I mostly used Mightyena against Phoebe.

And a combination of Gallade and Ninetales was enough to take out Mega Metagross. I put a huge dent in it with Close Combat, then Flamethrower was enough to finish it.

So yeah, I'm almost caught up to you guys!

Mega Mawile can solo E4 if you have OR.

Primals and findable legendaries (Groudon/Ho-oh/Entei are the best choice) are fairly good vs Mega Metagross being able to survive a round of giga impact then kill him.

(Also, Scanner is found deep underwater in the building, just swim around for a bit, took me a bit to find it as in 30 minutes since i popped up and down doing the rooms at the same time.)

Edited by Fateborn

But I don't have OR. I have AS. I've stated this a bunch of times...

But why is it OR only? I have a Mawilite. If Mawile is exclusive to OR, I could just trade one over to AS. But I'm not a fan of it, so I'll be doing something else. I want to beat the E4 at least two more times because I heard you get a Sinnoh starter if that's the case. And Chimchar is my favorite starter!

Mega Mawile can solo E4 if you have OR.

I'm going to do that.

But why is it OR only? I have a Mawilite. If Mawile is exclusive to OR, I could just trade one over to AS. But I'm not a fan of it, so I'll be doing something else. I want to beat the E4 at least two more times because I heard you get a Sinnoh starter if that's the case. And Chimchar is my favorite starter!

Yes,Mawile is exclusive to OR while Sableye is exclusive to AS.But,to make up for it,OR gets Zangoose.

You could try the GTS or Wonder Trade.I know I've gotten a couple over Wonder Trade before.Plus,there's a chance you can get a shiny before you get one,too.

I don't think you can face the E4 again before completing Delta Episode, and they get a boost when you do (~10 levels as well as slightly different pokemon and movesets), so be careful.

Just ten levels? Pff, I was almost ten levels above them when I started. That shouldn't be any trouble. But dang, this is the first time I've ever been that strong compared to the E4 (as well as Steven). The Exp. Share and rebattling trainers made the difference.

Also, I was going to do the Delta Episode first anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think you can face the E4 again before completing Delta Episode, and they get a boost when you do (~10 levels as well as slightly different pokemon and movesets), so be careful.

10 levels? Try 20.