Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

I'm almost certain it works that way now.

I believe in the first game the exp-share did the split between the remaining party, the exp share in the second game and further was the singular one held by a pokemon, I believe.

Either way, I wonder how EVs work in regards to exp share, because if the rest of your party don't get them it could be a bit skewered. I went most of the game without the share and I started off at Oldale with all 6 of my pokemon at level one from my Y version, so they all had boosted so that might have mitigated the grind a slight. I didn't end up turning on exp share until I reached the Elite 4 and just the way it was set up was giving me a headache the second way 'round.

The EXP Share in X/Y and ORAS makes it so that all the party gains the same amount of base EVs (I think the pokemon needs to hold the macho brace/have pokerus to benefit from it)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The EXP Share in X/Y and ORAS makes it so that all the party gains the same amount of base EVs (I think the pokemon needs to hold the macho brace/have pokerus to benefit from it)

Suppose it makes sense that way, 'cause for those who depended on the share to raise their party then you'd be stuck with one decent pokemon and 5 below-average ones.

I heard that the game was easymode with exp share on before I even had the game.

That's why I turned it off as soon as I got it. I'm actually using my revives and potions as I traverse through the longer routes.

They balanced the EXP share.It's easymode in X/Y with it,though.

I must say there is one problem with exp share, it halves the experience the Pokémon who aren't being used but it also helps by leveling up everyone even if there not being played.

How's it a problem sharing half exp? Do you suggest the other team members getting equal exp? That'd be ridiculously unbalanced.

Imo, Exp. Share is pretty practical when you want to train a good amount of pokemons, because in one round of battles, in either battle restaurant, Elite Four, etc., will bump them from one digit levels up to 20 or 30. Similar to X/Y's battle restauran tripple battles with Audino and Exp O-power.

I may have run into a bit of a problem. A while back I went into the Ho-oh battle without any pokeballs on me. I ran, restocked and came back, but now my character just walks away whenever I aprouch the ring. Did I just lock myself out of a legendary?

I may have run into a bit of a problem. A while back I went into the Ho-oh battle without any pokeballs on me. I ran, restocked and came back, but now my character just walks away whenever I aprouch the ring. Did I just lock myself out of a legendary?

Seems like it, I don't ever recall a legendary that stuck around if you ran from it, unfortunately.

All I can suggest is to try beating the E4 again, it resets some legends if you fought but didn't catch them, it might work for Ho-Oh, if not, well, I dunno what to say.

And I'm pretty sure this only applies to the forced legendary battles.

Sorry, Sasori, but you're out of luck. The rings always stay, even after catching, so that doesn't mean anything.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire
I might be pretty, but right now I am pretty [i]sure[/i]

And I'm pretty this only applies to the forced legendary battles.

Sorry, Sasori, but you're out of luck. The rings always stay, even after catching, so that doesn't mean anything.

Is that right? Unfortunate, but them's the breaks. You can restart or live with it, unless you can nab a Lugia or Ho-oh off of the GTS so you can encounter the beasts.

Edited by Ether

I'd really try beating the E4 again, really. If you miss Ho-Oh permanently, you also miss suicune/raikou/entei, so I'd think they'd let you fight it again after beating the E4.

EDIT: I searched on gamefaqs and it seems like ho-oh comes back after you beat the E4 if you killed it. Can't say if it's the same if you run, though

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70849923

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70690137

Edited by Nobody

I'd really try beating the E4 again, really. If you miss Ho-Oh permanently, you also miss suicune/raikou/entei, so I'd think they'd let you fight it again after beating the E4.

EDIT: I searched on gamefaqs and it seems like ho-oh comes back after you beat the E4 if you killed it. Can't say if it's the same if you run, though

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70849923

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70690137

People suggest it, but no one has confirmed that it actually works. Still, if people say it, it's at least worth trying.

And I'm pretty sure this only applies to the forced legendary battles.

I just remembered that back on Soul Silver I killed the latios (which wasn't a forced battle at all), beat the E4 and it appeared again, so I don't think that's true.

Like, if it worked with optional legendary pokemon even back in gen 4, why wouldn't it work now?

Edited by Nobody

I just remembered that back on Soul Silver I killed the latios (which wasn't a forced battle at all), beat the E4 and it appeared again, so I don't think that's true.

Like, if it worked with optional legendary pokemon even back in gen 4, why wouldn't it work now?

Wow, talk about being lenient. I guess the days of just one chance are over.

On a similar topic, I'm seeing that the musketeer trio are available on certain days of the week. Today is Monday, so Virizion should be available, but nothing appears in Pathless Plain for me. Anyone know what might be going wrong? I can get to the island, I don't already have Virizion (nor did I encounter it at all yet), and it's been weeks since I caught Cobalion (the only other one I have). I looked around but can't find anything.

Well they require having 3 pokes with max EVs on your team, did you swap anything out that might have changed that?

They have to be in your team to make the island accessible at all, and yes, I can get to the island.