Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

This right here. I look on Bulbapedia/Serebii and see all the events they got in comparison to us. Still, at least the games themselves are international, and the fact that wi-fi trading exists And we don't need to see a Pokemon to look for it in the GTS thank god finally Kind of makes up for it? Not really. However, I really wish we'd get more events in other countries too, to increase the demand for trades.

Also, I can't believe I sat through the last half hour of that live stream for what little information we got. I feel bad for anyone who sat through the whole thing.

Now if only they can actually get the proper merchandising here. So many awesome Japanese Pokemon merchandise exclusive to the Pokemon Center it's ridiculous. I really don't want to use a third party middleman to get the majority of them either. I mean the latest merchandise, Pokemon Red Trainer Nendoroid is Pokemon Center exclusive. Ugh it just makes me mad considering how international the franchise is.

BnPH18gCcAA9jsu.jpg_large.jpg

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want that Nendoroid, but I'm not falling into their trap. To stay in Japan for a week-2 just to get that one thing.... Madness, I'll end up going on a shopping spree.

I feel bad for anyone who sat through the whole thing.

The game shows were pretty damn entertaining.

...if you know Japanese. nDL3z6S.gif

[/elitism] 7JaFocX.gif

But in all seriousness, it's information control.

I expected this.

And events in Japan?

The partnerships with other companies.

Pokemon in America, being the giant it is, isn't going to generate enough "something" to warrant 7-elevens across the country to do something.

Gamestop? Maybe. GIANT MAYBE.

And think about it.

"Exclusives"?

What are one of many reasons weeaboos people plan trips to the Japan?

Yes culture, the sights, food, etc...

But one of those are also the exclusive goods you get at Akihabara and in other places.

...aka the freaking Pokemon Center, the Tales of Shop, etc.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I never liked the idea of going to Japan. Too many volcanoes and earthquakes. They have them like every day. I could never be able to stand that. Otherwise, I'd definitely go there someday, if I could find someone to translate certain things to English for me. lol

The game shows were pretty damn entertaining.

...if you know Japanese. nDL3z6S.gif

[/elitism] 7JaFocX.gif

But in all seriousness, it's information control.

I expected this.

And events in Japan?

The partnerships with other companies.

Pokemon in America, being the giant it is, isn't going to generate enough "something" to warrant 7-elevens across the country to do something.

Gamestop? Maybe. GIANT MAYBE.

And think about it.

"Exclusives"?

What are one of many reasons weeaboos people plan trips to the Japan?

Yes culture, the sights, food, etc...

But one of those are also the exclusive goods you get at Akihabara and in other places.

...aka the freaking Pokemon Center, the Tales of Shop, etc.

Well had I been trying to pay attention to anything non-Pokemon related, I could've enjoyed a bit more. Anyway, that's exactly what I was saying. I'm not falling into that trap. I'll just... wait an indeterminate amount of time until I can find one online to buy at a reasonable price. I do want to visit Japan, but mostly for the food and to experience a different culture. I like visiting new places. And I dragged convinced my cousin to come be my translator.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. Nintendo is really sneaky, but whatever keeps them in business. Also, I can't wait to get these games, regardless of whether or not I get all the events... If I can just have my mega swampert. Oh, and my Battle Pyramid and Pokeblock making.... That stuff was addicting.

The funniest part is that "Mega Evolution" has been a buzzword as of late.

I was watching the game show before that. xD

He used his Mega Ring to "Mega Evolve" another assistant during the last 20 minutes to help him find the plushies the kid hid (lolwut Japan).

Anyways, they did say it about new "Mega Evolutions"... however they specifically pasted that "?" to prevent anyone from seeing it.

Information control before the release of the game.

That is pretty funny, but in watching it again, I don't think the footage they showed was even related to the new Groudon/Kyogre forms. :0 It looks like they're just activating their Drought/Drizzle abilities, TBH. It's probably related to some kind of story-related cutscene, seeing as they don't do that in XY when activating their abilities.

That is pretty funny, but in watching it again, I don't think the footage they showed was even related to the new Groudon/Kyogre forms. :0 It looks like they're just activating their Drought/Drizzle abilities, TBH. It's probably related to some kind of story-related cutscene, seeing as they don't do that in XY when activating their abilities.

Considering that is probably Sootopolis in the background(Though, it wasn't white.... hm), I imagine that is probably the story cutscene.

Edited by L95

[10:54:52] Blyvern: If anyone wants some Japanese events

[10:54:54] Blyvern: PM me

Anyways, it is disappointing that American players can't get the Japanese events easily.

Considering that is probably Sootopolis in the background(Though, it wasn't white.... hm), I imagine that is probably the story cutscene.

Yeah see, that's what I thought.

I never liked the idea of going to Japan. Too many volcanoes and earthquakes. They have them like every day. I could never be able to stand that. Otherwise, I'd definitely go there someday, if I could find someone to translate certain things to English for me. lol

While Japan has more volcanoes per area and arguably worse earthquakes, USA has something like 80 active volcanoes compared to Japan's 40, and California alone has 10000 earthquakes a year, while Japan has something like 1500. Get your facts straight please.

I agree that's probably just the story cutscene.

While Japan has more volcanoes per area and arguably worse earthquakes, USA has something like 80 active volcanoes compared to Japan's 40, and California alone has 10000 earthquakes a year, while Japan has something like 1500. Get your facts straight please.

I agree that's probably just the story cutscene.

Unless the internet has lied to me, they have an island with nothing but bunnies as well

Edited by L95

I never liked the idea of going to Japan. Too many volcanoes and earthquakes. They have them like every day. I could never be able to stand that.

Hello ms. generalization again.

Hearsay isn't the best thing you know.

There are earthquakes every day in freaking California.

Most of them you don't even feel. Their tourist industry would suffer if you're making it sound like the implication you make.

I would never go to the US. Too many tornadoes.

On topic, I guess we'll have to wait for E3 for more footage, although I'm expecting Nintendo to do a pre-E3 3DS-centered Direct so that their E3 Direct is mostly Wii U-focused.

I would never go to the US. Too many tornadoes.

On topic, I guess we'll have to wait for E3 for more footage, although I'm expecting Nintendo to do a pre-E3 3DS-centered Direct so that their E3 Direct is mostly Wii U-focused.

(I've actually talked to people legit scared to come to the US because of bears :E)

Was there a May direct last year before E3? I heard that mentioned somewhere, but I'm not remembering.

-goes to look for a list of nintendo directs-

Yup, May 17th last year. Not sure if I should expect one or not. I think I'll continue thinking one won't happen this month because E3

Edited by L95

Man, Japanese get sooo many events that the rest of us don't. I get that Japan is Nintendo's home base and all, but the amount of events that they get compared to how many anyone else gets is just ridiculous and unfair.

Agreed 100% - I mean, I get some of the "special" type of events and why they might be the only ones to get it, but the events are literally just data files. I can't understand how the generic ones aren't a simultaneous release (unless it was a case where the event was released in Japan before the game was localized, but this isn't a problem any longer). Take the King's Rock Mewtwo from Gen V that introduced his signature move. That's not a special event tied to a movie or anything, so it should be a worldwide release. There's no reason other than idiocy and region control for why it wouldn't be available across the world.

This right here. I look on Bulbapedia/Serebii and see all the events they got in comparison to us. Still, at least the games themselves are international, and the fact that wi-fi trading exists And we don't need to see a Pokemon to look for it in the GTS thank god finally Kind of makes up for it? Not really. However, I really wish we'd get more events in other countries too, to increase the demand for trades.

Also, I can't believe I sat through the last half hour of that live stream for what little information we got. I feel bad for anyone who sat through the whole thing.

I don't think Wi-Fi trading is really a great long-term solution. Most of the event Pokemon worth caring about are legendaries which you can't breed to get another copy with whatever special move(s) they might have (if any). You're basically being dependent on whatever small market exists of people with multiple copies of the same game (pair) who can take advantage of the duplicate downloads who actually want to throw their extras online for trades. (Or, if it would come to it again in Gen VI, hacked copies of said events...)

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst I'm not that interested in ORAS, one thing in particular caught my eye in those leaks: throughout the original games you never spoke to Steven outside next to what appears to be a lake with waterfalls. It's a bit of a stretch, but it might be indicating a potential new area

Also, Mega Swampert has had that Chris Redfield treatment, I see. The megas look pretty cool, imo

Edited by DodgeDusk

Oh, the Mega ring for this game is the "Mega Bangle"

And Steven is involved with Mega Stones. (not surprised)

Brendan now has really obvious brown hear sticking out from under his hat :p

Looks like the default clothing is a mix of the emerald outfit and the RS outfit.

Edited by L95

I assume the Magma admin girl from Magma is Courtney, vice versa with Aqua(Shelly) though the other two admins I'm not so sure about.

Also I like Maxie's new design because he looks like Colress

Archie though, looks pretty ballin

Yeah, new admins and bosses are cool.

Looking at the screenshots in the scans, I like how the water in this game looks...

Oh, the HP bars in battle now have a black background, huh.

Serebii has the jp admin names, but IDK if they line up with the original jp admin names (Shelly and the other one)

Edited by L95

And Steven is involved with Mega Stones. (not surprised)

Brendan now has really obvious brown hear sticking out from under his hat :p

He now has a Mega Charizard X, which seems really out-of-the-blue

I'm not a fan of the new designs for the playable characters. I hope they have a boutique in the games