Will GameFreak ever make an X/Y follow-up now?

Anacybele

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fruity Insanity: Tell that to LuxSpes.

I was being sarcastic about you even mentioning "big deal" when you make a bigger deal than anybody about things.

...I've only posted about this in three topics. And barely. You people get annoyed way too easily.

I have no words.

Steven hopefully

And his theme should be a remastered version of this:

Omg, trumpets.

To be honest, I'm not one of those guys who hated the trumpets, but a larger variety of instruments is something I enjoy more.

Piano, strings, percussion, woodwinds and all.

Imo, gen 4 > gen 6 > gen 5 > gen 2 >> gen 1 >>>>>> gen 3. But some of you probably already guessed that. :P

Jave, if you want to call me annoying, keep it to yourself, thanks.

I also prefer a wider variety of instruments in my music.

Wow. That's uncanny.

My preferred generations are almost completely opposite that, lol.

Can we all just agree to let Ana's thing go as long as she stops bringing it up? Let's just move on.

TBH I'm not huge on the trumpets myself, I just like the trumpet meme hahahahaha. I do like the melodies of the songs themselves, though; they're not my favorite, but at least they hadn't gotten as dull as Gen 4's music yet.

I'm also not huge on Gen 5 but it definitely had the best music in the series (at least in recent years).

Edited by BANRYU

Imo, Pokemon's music isn't too special in general. I usually only really like one or two tracks in each game. Gen 4 has by far my favorite piece though. AND THAT PIECE GOT INTO BRAWL. :D

Team Galactic Battle. <3

Gen 5 had the best story overall imo. I just think gen 4 trumped it everywhere else.

5 > 2 > 1 > 4 > 6 > 3 IMO (keep in mind that I haven't beaten Gen 3/6, so this really is more from ignorance than me disliking it)

As for the music, all of the linked ones so far have been pretty awesome. Can't wait to play the remakes haha.

Edited by Refa

Should we have like a generation discussion thread lol? Or... I suppose there are enough Pokemon threads for the time being, I guess that can be this thread's new livelihood...

Gen 5 had... the best story? I suppose that would be more or less accurate for the series. Personally I liked the issues it was trying to address, but I think it ultimately failed to address them, at lest in BW (I didn't play BW2). Oh well, it IS Pokemon after all... can't exactly expect Pulitzer material out of it. (Personally Colosseum still has my favorite story just because its world was different and interesting)

Personally, the only thing I like about Gen 5 better than Gen 6 was its music. It's weird, because I feel like Gen 5 had the potential to be better, but I was just never as absorbed in its plot as I was in XY, even though there were some weird story thing going on in that game too. I'm not really sure why that is.

Dat music though, whoa mama. Plasma >>>>>>>> Galactic IMO

I hope we get some of BW's other kickass music in SSB4, like the Gym Leader battle theme and maybe like the junior-legendary encounter theme. DPP had some okay music here and there, but I found most of it to be terribly boring, including most of the DP music that was featured in Brawl. Galactic battle theme was okay, Cynthia's theme was okay, but the only one I particularly liked was this one.

Edited by BANRYU

We're the opposite yet again. xP

I loved both Team Galactic and Cynthia's themes, but only found Team Plasma's to be okay at best.

We ARE getting kind of off topic though...

Other gens being more popular, maybe? People these days still seem to praise gens 2 and 3 the most. I originally thought gen 3 was hated, possibly because of the lack of backwards compatibility with gen 2, but I discovered I was quite wrong about that.

Gen 5 also seems to be liked more than gen 6. Personally though, gens 4 and 6 are my top favorites (I realize Diamond and Pearl had some annoying flaws, but I really loved Sinnoh, its Pokemon, the towns, and everything else. Plus, Platinum fixed a lot of the flaws). Gen 5 with B2W2 is very close though, and I also enjoyed the first BW.

Gen 5>Gen1>Gen 4>Gens 2/3>Gen6

Also the legendaries battle theme:

Hee hee...

That's a good thumbnail.

Imo, Pokemon's music isn't too special in general. I usually only really like one or two tracks in each game. Gen 4 has by far my favorite piece though. AND THAT PIECE GOT INTO BRAWL. :D

Team Galactic Battle. <3

Gen 5 had the best story overall imo. I just think gen 4 trumped it everywhere else.

^

Everything said here...no objections.

Team Galactic has the best battle theme aside from Ghetisis' Ambitions.

Very opinionated article, though I agree on a lot of points. RSE were definitely not among the best-designed games in the series, and its characters were almost as forgettable as DPP's.

For what it's worth, I liked Hoenn's aesthetics and atmosphere at least. Its map design is definitely pretty obnoxious though.

And heck, I actually completely forgot about Contests and Secret Bases, they were okay.

I'm not sure why she's so positive that Metagross is getting a MegaEvo, though.

Edited by BANRYU

Jave, if you want to call me annoying, keep it to yourself, thanks.

Re-read my post, that's not what I said.

And even if I did, it would be fine by your logic since it's my opinion.

That article pretty much summed up why I dislike gen 3. Although, if GameFreak DOES actually do the stuff this person is talking about, I might get one of these games after all.

If the music goes in the direction if X/Y they won't have the trumpets and the entire ost will lose its glory. My only possible upset with these remakes

Yeah guys this isn't a gen wars topic (it's not even tangentially relevant). Try to steer things back on course.

Well... then (@ thread title) Yeah, probably.

/discussion

I'm still wondering what they will add to the new Kalos games. I'll I can think of being needed are some Unova Mega Evos and Zygarde forms. It woudn't help to add more pokemon either (X and Y already had 450+ whereas Plat added about 60 and BW2 added about 140).

Presumably, I can see them doing something like what B2/W2 and adding more locations and Routes to the map. After all, the Kalos we traverse in X/Y only encompasses about the top 50% of France by landmass. There's probably a "South Kalos" (or perhaps it used to be part of Kalos but broke off during the war, becoming its own "region"?) in and below the southern mountain ranges ripe for exploration. Plus, there are a number of "open areas" in X/Y's Kalos Map - plenty of areas that could, over time (or as retcons) could turn into more locations and paths to explore.

Oh, I love that idea, Lord Glenn. I really liked FireRed and LeafGreen because they added the Sevii Islands. I hope the Kalos follow-up does something similar for sure. :D

the only problem i have with that article was that she made a big deal about it cutting off the pokemon of kanto and johto, since that isn't an issue anymore.

Presumably, I can see them doing something like what B2/W2 and adding more locations and Routes to the map. After all, the Kalos we traverse in X/Y only encompasses about the top 50% of France by landmass. There's probably a "South Kalos" (or perhaps it used to be part of Kalos but broke off during the war, becoming its own "region"?) in and below the southern mountain ranges ripe for exploration. Plus, there are a number of "open areas" in X/Y's Kalos Map - plenty of areas that could, over time (or as retcons) could turn into more locations and paths to explore.

I'd love to see some of that beautiful south coast of France.