OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire Speculation Thread

ZemZem

To be fair though, the third versions prior to Emerald didn't really feature anything worthy of having an additional remake of their own. Yellow was just an anime adaptation set over top of the original game and Crystal was essentially the same as its predecessors, just with minor plot tweaks and gender selection. There was no real storyline to make significant changes to in Gen I and II, where as all three games in Gen III have definitive stories that feature differences between the versions. (Ruby and Sapphire less so comparatively.) In the case of Emerald, there's story content that they're not going to be able to easily adapt into the remakes, unlike plugging a bunch of Suicune encounters and Eusine's annoyance into Gold and Silver.

Not that I want separate remakes of all three versions, mind you, but Emerald certainly has more of a reason to have its own remake than Yellow and Crystal did. Even Platinum has a bit more of a reason to get a remake than the Gen I/II third versions, if only because the Distortion World stuff's timing might be a tight squeeze into (hypothetical) remakes of Diamond and Pearl.

Edited by Lord Glenn

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic