OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire Speculation Thread

ZemZem

I'm guessing all of your speculations are incorrect.

My bet is that they'd use Emerald's storyline, but switch out few details where instead of Rayquaza as capturable legendary, it'll be version exclusive and put Rayquaza for post-game with Wallace appearing to have a conversation about it. (Since Wallace did obsess a bit about Rayquaza as far as I can remember) Or it could be Steven, but who knows.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a deciding factor because I never liked gen 3 much. The only reason I would get these remakes is if the things that annoyed me the most become less of a hassle (like those annoying water routes later, and having a hard time choosing a team because I only liked a few Hoenn Pokemon and a couple other things) and Juan staying the eighth gym leader. I had forgotten how much I liked him. lol

None of that is a part of what I'm saying can't really be implemented, and the only Emerald-specific thing you mentioned at all is Juan. Juan can exist alongside the Ruby/Sapphire plot just fine. I personally don't like him, but that is neither here nor there.

It's like you think I don't want any of the Emerald elements implemented, when in fact Emerald is my favorite game in the series and the feature I most want to see in these remakes (Battle Frontier) was exclusive to Emerald. It's just the main plot involving Magma/Aqua that I don't think will be taken from Emerald.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Altaria is okay. But I don't think it's spectacular. The Hoenn Pokemon I really like are Aggron (it's pre-evos are kinda meh, but Aggron is epic), Poochyena (So CUTE!!) and Mightyena (so cool looking!).

The Emerald Hoenn dex didn't have many Pokemon I was willing to use though. I don't even really like the starters. I think Torchic is cute, but I find its evos hideous. The entire Mudkip line is fugly, imo. The Treecko line is okay and the only one I could stand to use. I did use Torchic first, but that was before I knew what its evos looked like.

I needed a Water type for surfing, but the dex didn't have any I liked at all. I forced myself to train a Seaking.

Aggron! Mightyena! Yeahhhh!

Personally, I thought that, compared to the other generation starters, I didn't like them as much as Gen 4's starters, but I liked them more than Gen 5's. Also, Gen 1, 2, and 6 are above it. I loved Swampert, as a Pokemon, but its design wasn't too cool. Torchic and Blaziken were nice Though Blaziken's Hair and red... plume? feathers? They weren't that great. but I didn't like Combusken. Treecko looked super cool though, my only beef was that it looked better as a grovyle than as a Sceptile, IMO.

Water type for surfing? Why not just use a Linoone or something Like I did? It was my HM throwaway 'Mon. I couldn't handle too many of the Pokemon either. In fact, my team mostly consisted of...

Aggron, Gardevoir, Sceptile, Flygon (Need a flyer), Mightyena/Absol, Rhydon (For lack of a better Pokemon, plus... Rhydon.), Pikachu Dat 6th Gym. Oh, and 8th I guess. and Zangoose. Literally. Every playthrough. Sometimes Breloom, but I don't like it....

Linoone is bleh. Plus, a Water type would still let me have a team of six to use instead of wasting a slot on an "HM slave."

Just take some Pokémon you do like from another region then. It's not like ORAS will have the same restrictions as the originals did.

And Linoone is awesome :<

But really, If you're that bothered by Hoenn and the Pokémon it has, why don't you just save your money and not get it? It seems like that would be the best option for you, considering that you seem to hate most things about these games ~o3o~

Isn't this a speculation thread, and not a thread for you to go on about pokemon you don't like, or "ways your mind could be changed"?

Hint: Maybe, speculate about what they could add to water routes, or if they'll change pokemon distribution in the first place, for more variety for the player? Maybe talk about what you would like them to add specifically...?

Altaria is okay. But I don't think it's spectacular. The Hoenn Pokemon I really like are Aggron (it's pre-evos are kinda meh, but Aggron is epic), Poochyena (So CUTE!!) and Mightyena (so cool looking!).

The Emerald Hoenn dex didn't have many Pokemon I was willing to use though. I don't even really like the starters. I think Torchic is cute, but I find its evos hideous. The entire Mudkip line is fugly, imo. The Treecko line is okay and the only one I could stand to use. I did use Torchic first, but that was before I knew what its evos looked like.

I needed a Water type for surfing, but the dex didn't have any I liked at all. I forced myself to train a Seaking.

This majority of this post is dedicated to things you don't like.

You never mention what you would like them to/think they should add.

Edited by L95

It saddens me people can't see the beauty of a Mudkip. That Pokémon has way too much of a bad rep because of that meme.

Still undecided whether to start with Treecko or Mudkip. (Torchic is out since I raised one in XY.)

I personally think that like HeartGold and SoulSliver they are gonna remake the two games to be like their old selves yet have themes of the third add-on game.

although if Wallace is champion again I'll be very annoyed. Also from the remixes of gen 3 music since gen 3 being completely lackluster I certainly hope that isn't the direction they'll be going for the remakes.

I'll probably start out with a Treecko (for BBM, lol) because I used Torchic (...somewhat) in my X playthrough and Mudkip in my failed Emerald Nuzlocke that I never want to remember again NEVER USING YOU MUDKIP.

The could surprise us by removing trainer customization and Amie :c

Thanks GameFreak.

I'm curious to see if they'll include elements from the other games that weren't present in the original like HGSS having gen 4 evolutions available (I remember having a mamoswine on my final team). Especially mega-evolutions before the endgame. Seeing Steven or the rival using an hypothetical new mega would be interesting IMO.
Also, maybe they'll implement something to make surfing less tedious (like they did with sailing in WWHD) and the improved engine could help them make water routes more distinguishable.

although if Wallace is champion again I'll be very annoyed. Also from the remixes of gen 3 music since gen 3 being completely lackluster I certainly hope that isn't the direction they'll be going for the remakes.

I totally agree. I'm really disappointed with the B2W2 remixes of gen 3 music. The best remix of these songs are IMO the Colosseum version of them (that can be heard in Battle mode)

Edited by LuxSpes

I don't have much to say here, so I'll just reiterate that Mega Metagross sould happen, maybe Mega Deoxys.

I know there won't be an Emerald remake, and I know that if there was it have some sort of greek letter in its title, but some small part of me still wants a Chaos Emerald version.

Um, as of right now, I'm NOT getting either of these games. I'm only talking about ways my mind could be changed.

Then stop complaining about the games. All you're doing is clogging up a speculation thread with "I don't like this" and "This was stupid" and other such nonsense. I am entirely aware that L95 already called you out on this, but it's really been grating on my nerves that you've been whining ever since the damned things were announced.

To throw my own two cents into the speculation, I have a feeling that they'll keep Mega evolutions to the post game, although it would be awesome to wreak everything with a Mega Gardevoir during the story. :D As far as features, I can't see them tossing out the Battle Frontier, although that might be one of the only things kept over from Emerald. I just hope that they let me dress up Brendan and May, because I really, really like making up outfits and I'll be really sad if I can't do that anymore. ;o;

And Secret Bases

They better keep these

I lived in mine when I originally played Ruby <3

I'll be starting with Torchic again, and I hope like Mawile, that Zangoose gets a mega form :P

You do realize Zangoose has a rival right?

And it's not Mawile.

So if Zangoose get a mega, then it's only fair that Seviper get one too.

Yeah, enough with the 'I don't like this' comments without even providing a thought about a way to improve that in which you dislike.

It saddens me people can't see the beauty of a Mudkip. That Pokémon has way too much of a bad rep because of that meme.

Still undecided whether to start with Treecko or Mudkip. (Torchic is out since I raised one in XY.)

Mudkip is love. Mudkip is life.

Treecko for me, though. I'm holding onto the belief that Mega Sceptile will be a thing.

...But I'd always choose Treecko no matter what. :>

Hmm... nostalgia tells me to pick Torchic and name him Hitora (I was such a weeeeeeeeb D;) but I love all of the starters so much in this game, and I'm seriously hoping that Sceptile and Swampert get Megas too.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I really like shiny Seviper. But obviously, it's not easy at all to get one. :P

As for Mudkip, I admit that that meme is one of the reasons I dislike it.

Mega Sceptile, the dragon/grass type. Please let it be a thing.

Personally, I hope that the eighth gym becomes the hardest in the new one. I'm sorry, but Tate and Liza were OP. Only gym I ever lost to in Hoenn.