WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw did u see messis through pass....... Jesus christ

You mean where Di Maria made the epic run? I think he ran too hard or something, seeing as he's off now, which is a shame seeing as he was the only one that brought about some interesting link-ups with Messi

Finally. Idek why Big Phil decides to play him in the first place. Is Jo even worse or does Scolari keep him in in hope that he falls in the box for a penalty?

Felipão ALWAYS used that kind of strategy with a more tanky centerfoward. It worked well in Palmeiras and Grêmio, where he won a Libertadores with each.

The only work I don't remember him using it was in 2002

Scolari is notably stubborn, and it appears not too smart.

He's obsolete, but he still can pull a rabbit out of the hat

Also, blame that on De Bruyne and Hazard sucking nuts.

EVEN KOMPANY is bad today.

Someone said Belgium had real chances of winning the WC.

Made me smile a bit.

Bio-hazard could be a red, I don't think Alderweireld was enough for that, tho

Yo fuc, Argentina is pretty much in the finals, I say

Edited by Яei Яei

He is.

Despite wanting (and predicting) both Chile and Colombia to beat Brazil, I'm sort of happy they did make it to the semis. Anything less would have been a humiliation on home turf, I feel. It's probably best for the sport as a whole and the nation specifically they didn't get knocked out earlier.

... Still a pity. I really liked both those sides.

Brazil winning the cup is meant to solve or silence their political issues. Otherwise, shit will hit the fan.

Also, Argentina has had the easiest way through the WC lol

Edited by Quintessence

Yo fuc, Argentina is pretty much in the finals, I say

idk I think Netherlands has more dynamic players than Belgium, even if Belgium is probably better overall. I've always felt it was going to be either Argentina or Netherlands from that side of the bracket, not Argentina or Belgium. And if Costa Rica actually gets to the semis, underestimating a normally cruddy team on a hot streak is never a good idea either.

Sometimes I find the use of words in english a bit off.

"Dirty" meaning with the "most faults" is a bit strange to me. Were it to describe spitting, handballing and all that, I would be fine with it lol

Anyways, Brazil winning the WC would be nice, we still have that bitter taste of the Maracanazo in our mouths. However, I don't think winning would solve or silence anything, nor that is meant to do that. People are savvy of the problems the WC brought, and we still have many things to fix outside the event. On the other hand, it IS nice to see the biggest sports event held here being praised. Dunno about what the fuck we will do about them Olympics, tho

Sometimes I find the use of words in english a bit off.

"Dirty" meaning with the "most faults" is a bit strange to me. Were it to describe spitting, handballing and all that, I would be fine with it lol

Anyways, Brazil winning the WC would be nice, we still have that bitter taste of the Maracanazo in our mouths. However, I don't think winning would solve or silence anything, nor that is meant to do that. People are savvy of the problems the WC brought, and we still have many things to fix outside the event. On the other hand, it IS nice to see the biggest sports event held here being praised. Dunno about what the fuck we will do about them Olympics, tho

'Tis true. Well, Brazil's also getting stuck in with the most tackles in the tournament, I believe.

also you've won enough come on

It's funny that Uruguay got knocked out at the Maracana, though.

I believe most people are satisfied with BR's progress in this WC. We "did our homework", so to speak.

Uruguay did a really nice campaing with the "El Fantasma de Maracaná", buuuuuuut I guess all it did was haunt them back.

I have to say I am not sure how Brazil will handle the Olympics, but the WC doesn't seem to be going that badly. Hosting and/or winning the WC doesn't really serve as a political distraction-- if anything, I'd say it has brought Brazil's inner social tension to the international spotlight. Everyone on the internet seems to repeat this mantra that Brazil's government is keeping the population at ease but that seems like kind of an ignorant statement to make. All brazillians I know are extremely aware of their country's issues.

Also, I was glad to see Argentina is playing a lot more cohesively as a team, especially in the defense

No one confirmed anything yet, so let's hope at least this is a rumour.