WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when were you Scottish? Hello, fellow neighbour whose country also sucks at football. Did you know that Welsh football is so pathetic, our two best teams were forced into the English Premier League, where they are both average or below.

Aren't there four or five Welsh teams in the English pyramid? Those, Wrexham and a couple others iirc.

Anyway - good game from Australia apart from occasional A-League defending. Really looked like we were going to equalise in the second half but Chile had some great chances too. 2-1 or 3-2 would've been a fair, reflective result, but there it is. We can't be disappointed with that.

I'm so mad that I missed the Spain kickoff due to not being able to sleep for the past two nights and having been a little exhausted

Anyway - good game from Australia apart from occasional A-League defending. Really looked like we were going to equalise in the second half but Chile had some great chances too. 2-1 or 3-2 would've been a fair, reflective result, but there it is. We can't be disappointed with that.

Alas, brave Australia. o7

I'm liking this world cup so far, referee decisions aside.

Edited by Tryhard

oh my god i'm watching spain-holland's second half and it's hilarious, spain knocks it about a bit for a few minutes and then holland tackles and everyone fucking sprints up the pitch and robben beasts their last defender and smashes it in, it's brilliant and tiki-taka is dead

oh my god i'm watching spain-holland's second half and it's hilarious, spain knocks it about a bit for a few minutes and then holland tackles and everyone fucking sprints up the pitch and robben beasts their last defender and smashes it in, it's brilliant and tiki-taka is dead

I'm not even sure they can play tiki-taka anymore - Holland were shifting the ball about far quicker, and Spain seem to want to play more direct balls to Diego Costa which sometimes worked but is very different to how they've played before. Also lol Torres.

(I'm sure you were happy with the final result)

Edited by Tryhard

Aren't there four or five Welsh teams in the English pyramid? Those, Wrexham and a couple others iirc.

I'm so mad that I missed the Spain kickoff due to not being able to sleep for the past two nights and having been a little exhausted

Only Cardiff and Swansea are in the English Premier League table. There are no other Welsh teams in either the English League of Championship table.

There are other Welsh teams in the lower English leagues, though. But nobody cares about those.

There are other Welsh teams in the lower English leagues, though. But nobody cares about those.

Clearly you haven't heard about Sutton United.

Also, Uruguay are currently getting beat by Costa Rica 2-1. Ouch.

England are a goal down after 34 minutes. I'm surprised they lasted that long.

EDIT: Nevermind, it 1-1 now (37 mins).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

the english physio broke his leg

it's coming home

the feeling when you injure the person meant to be taking care of your injuries

also a draw is probably fair, Italy were pretty strong there at the end, though. At least England have somewhat turned up for this world cup.

They did alright, though I hate whenever a team tries to defend a one goal lead, sigh Italy.

As a dirty Scot, England weren't horrible and I think they have a good chance to finish second.

Edited by Tryhard