WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

31 is an ideal age for CBs tho. Baresi played until his mid 40s and still was world class after all.

I do think this squad still has lots to improve, specially mentally. However, regarding Sturridge/Sterling I wonder how they would fare without Suarez supplying them.

BTW tomorrow's games are rather SHIT huh? Besides Italy/Costa Rica, I imagine them being 90 minute snooze fests

I know but my point is he won't be part of and a weakness in the squad in four years. Though no particularly good young centrebacks come to mind for now besides Stones...

I'll miss Italy/CR is the sad thing - Switzerland vs. France could be decent. Honduras Ecuador... ... can't be worse than Japan-Greece. At least Ecuador can get the ball in the back of the net.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know but my point is he won't be part of and a weakness in the squad in four years. Though no particularly good young centrebacks come to mind for now besides Stones...

I'll miss Italy/CR is the sad thing - Switzerland vs. France could be decent. Honduras Ecuador... ... can't be worse than Japan-Greece. At least Ecuador can get the ball in the back of the net.

No faith on Smalling then? lol

I dunno. France doesn't inspire me that much. Their midfield is quite nice, even without Ribery, but relying on Benzema and Giroud is YUCK. That, added to the fact that Switzerland likes to park the bus sometimes....

I didn't even watch Japan vs Greece because I knew it would be shite.

It was worse than Iran/Nigeria. Way worse.

It was worse than Iran/Nigeria. Way worse.

I warned you, yet I never believed I would see another team playing just as bad as mine....

Edited by James Bond

Balotelli/Cassano is the most badass attacking duo of the WC by a fair margin.

If they try hard enough they can be one third the badasses Edmundo and Romário were.

They dominated the first half IMO

But if they don't step up their game, they might suffer a comeback already. Cassano changed the pace completely.

I heard enough of "Italy are disappointing English fans" from the commentators that I pretty much wanted them to get beat by the end of the match, even if before I wanted Italy to win to see if England still had any chance, but Italy were just not good enough.

Gratz Costa Rica. I'm not even sure England can beat them.

Edited by Tryhard

so uhhh what was the Costa Rica match like, I heard it means football is not coming home??

Italy were Confirmed Shite™ with Balotelli missing a good chance in the first half and then Costa Rica's high pressing eventually being rewarded with a header goal in the first half. Italy were poor second half and thus the game finished 1-0 to Costa Rica, SENDING FOOTBALL HOME. Or not coming home. Or something.

e: the french are playing excellently, though

Edited by Tryhard