WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

Vorm isn't even their second goalie. Krul is their second.

With that, though, van Gaal did play every player in his squad at least once, though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame my country's team did't bring back the gold, but Bronze is nice enough I guess. You could do a lot worse then silver last cup and bronze in this one.

Edited by Sasori

my dad bought some frankfurters and now I'm supporting Germany, right? #makesuthink

3rd place is pretty great for Holland considering they weren't expected to do much in this tournament, so credit to van Gaal there. But I find it hilarious that he's trying to say that he hasn't lost a game in this world cup because penalties don't count.

i predicted holland would lose to spain, draw to chile and australia and crash out in the first round

van gaal owes everything to me

http://afootballreport.com/post/91597410912/the-calm-and-the-storm-lionel-messis-moment-by
read this article
and if you need more motivation to do so;

His first public appearance came in an elementary school play. The teacher decided to dress the students in costumes that reflected their personalities. Messi went on stage as a snail. He was slow and shy.

Brazil played like a less stinky shit today

But hey, other than the overall bad refereeing, I have nothing to complain.

WE ARE TWO GOALS AWAY FROM HAVING THE CUP WITH THE MOST GOALS

lads

look i've made some calls that seemed reasonable

and for the most part

they've gone wrong

but i think i'm ready

as a neutral

to make the call;

Germany will win the World Cup.

i'd like argentina to win, just because it'll make Messi THE greatest player in the sports history, but i realistically think that Germany will be able to make it through their defense.

And i hear that Di Maria might just be able to make it back for the last game of the Cup. If he does, wont that be spectacular (unless he has to go off within the first half for having bad fitness)

i'd like argentina to win, just because it'll make Messi THE greatest player in the sports history.

By what standard? Surely that depends more on his actual performance... and, well, Maradona and Pele both won World Cups.

By what standard? Surely that depends more on his actual performance... and, well, Maradona and Pele both won World Cups.

He will have won practically every type of title (except copa America and the confederations cup). Domestic title, cup title, UCL, Ballon D'or (4 times), Euro player of the year etc etc. He's deserved those titles, and hopefully, will win the World Cup (deserving of his efforts in the game)

But at the same time, the Germans are an excellent team all round and have definitely been the best team in the tournament, so they should get the title worthy of their efforts (and Löw should reap his rewards for his excellent coaching for the past 8 or so years)

I don't know if he's the best player in all of football history though. It's possible.

[10:11:19 PM] Parrhesia: i got a fully sick and yet irrelevant premonition
[10:11:26 PM] Parrhesia: MY ALARM was SET
[10:11:27 PM] Parrhesia: for 5.30am
[10:11:35 PM | Edited 10:11:40 PM] Parrhesia: because the 3rd place playoff was set for 6am
[10:11:42 PM] Parrhesia: the semifinals were 6am
[10:11:48 PM] Parrhesia: and i'd hibernated my computer
[10:11:51 PM] Parrhesia: and then i thought
[10:11:55 PM] Parrhesia: ... okay
[10:11:56 PM] Parrhesia: but
[10:12:01 PM] Parrhesia: the first match was 5am
[10:12:02 PM] Parrhesia: SO WHAT IF
[10:12:09 PM] Parrhesia: man it's worth DOUBLECHECKING FOR THE FINAL
[10:12:14 PM] Parrhesia: so i wait for my computer to power down
[10:12:16 PM] Parrhesia: immediately reboot
[10:12:20 PM | Edited 10:12:22 PM] Parrhesia: it was, in fact, 5am
[10:12:24 PM] Parrhesia: reset alarm
[10:12:26 PM] Parrhesia: feeling very smug
[10:12:30 PM] Parrhesia: try to go to sleep.
[10:12:46 PM] Parrhesia: ... also like the first night of the world cup i'm having psychosomatic itching all over my body and cannot actually sleep.
[10:12:55 PM] Parrhesia: so fuck it
[10:12:57 PM] Parrhesia: allnighter time

[10:12:46 PM] Parrhesia: ... also like the first night of the world cup i'm having psychosomatic itching all over my body and cannot actually sleep.

there's always drugs

Also, after searching up the meaning of psychosomatic, i'm kinda disturbed parrhesia