WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

Also wow the winning penalty was really, really awful and I love it lol

fuck off Netherlands

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally hate penalties as a form of winning a match, but it has to end sometime.

fuccboi has probably just stopped celebrating

(Argentina have really got improve offense-wise in order to not get drubbed off Germany, though)

if Argentina win on Brazil soil. Hoo boy.

Would Brazilians prefer that Europeans win for the first time after being beat by them in South America or Argentina wins in Brazil?

Edited by Tryhard

if Argentina win on Brazil soil. Hoo boy.

Would Brazilians prefer that Europeans win for the first time after being beat by them in South America or Argentina wins in Brazil?

Most brazilians prefer the germans to win.

Argentina winning would be the biggest humiliation ever.

Here in Brazil we don't really have that "I'd rather have a South American winning" mentality, mostly due to the language difference. At least that's how I see it.

Edited by Nobody

Most brazilians prefer the germans to win.

Argentina winning would be the biggest humiliation ever.

Here in Brazil we don't really have that "I'd rather have a South American winning" mentality, mostly due to the language difference. At least that's how I see it.

A few people are being like that on Twitter, but I bet the absolute majority will cheer for Germany.

BsI0oX1CMAAYmOY.png

Kinda saw it coming from a mile away actually, with how the Netherlands have lost their drive not too long after the Spain rout, and Argentina just have yet again shown what effective minimalists they are (actually not really, true minimalism would have wanted to win after 90, and can't say they didn't try...). That final won't be over before it's over, also knowing typical German quirks, haha. Congrats and good luck, Argentina.

Edited by The1Weltall

My original predictions did have a Germany/Argentina final.

But right now I'm not feeling that confident about who I picked out to win it.

Hey, now. I wanted you guys to win...I was probably the only one, too.

I actually want Argentina to win, because if Germany win, they'll be close to surpassing us in the number of WC titles :c

And since we're already very humiliated, I don't see a bit more of humiliation being that bad haha

Edited by Nobody

"saw it coming from a mile away"

-slight Dutch edge entire game

-Argentina has had a poor run

-game gets down to penalties

You really don't know what the hell you're talking about, do you? The reason the Argentinians won was because they lucked out. No disrespect to them but the Dutch team played as well as they did.

The comentators here were talking about how the Dutch goalie does not have a good record on PKs, and since the Dutch didn't have a substitution left to put in the other guy (sorry, don't recall their names exactly. Cele-something and Kruhl-ish?) they were at a definite disadvantage going into the shootout.

The comentators here were talking about how the Dutch goalie does not have a good record on PKs, and since the Dutch didn't have a substitution left to put in the other guy (sorry, don't recall their names exactly. Cele-something and Kruhl-ish?) they were at a definite disadvantage going into the shootout.

Jasper Cillessen and Tim Krul. I don't know why he subbed on Huntelaar if he wanted to put Krul on for the penalty shootout, then? I suppose he thought that they could win it in extra time.

In the first place I don't know why you're not playing Tim Krul to begin with if you have more confidence in him than Cillessen.

Edited by Tryhard

"saw it coming from a mile away"

-slight Dutch edge entire game

-Argentina has had a poor run

-game gets down to penalties

You really don't know what the hell you're talking about, do you? The reason the Argentinians won was because they lucked out. No disrespect to them but the Dutch team played as well as they did.

the dutch had an edge? were we watching the same match? their offense was totally nullified and they stacked people in the back, and still argentina had some good opportunities. the only period where i'd say the dutch were dominating was in the first extra half.

also, romero saved two penalties.

AFAIK the Argentinians were the ones who wanted to stall for the penalties, and the Dutch didn't.

also this is bullshit. sabella subbed maxi, aguero, and palacio in. he really wanted that goal.

Edited by fuccboi

AFAIK the Argentinians were the ones who wanted to stall for the penalties, and the Dutch didn't.

???

The dutch didn't have a shot on target until the 99th minute. Please. They improved after that, but neither team should be wanting to go to penalties.

Holland also had a poor run against Mexico and Costa Rica, technically.

Argentina IMO were the better side, but it was not dominant.

Edited by Tryhard

Say what you will but Argentina had 5 shots on target for 3 for the Dutch. No matter how you look at it, neither team had an effective offense. Also, I got the idea of the Argentines going for the penalties from a post match interview with Robben, saying loosely translated "they wanted penalties more than we did"

Secondly, you can't bring up the poor performance against Mexico and Costa Rica without talking about the poor performance the Argentines put on for the entirety of the tournament. The group phase performance was a joke, Switserland would have tied them if not for the incredible luck on their side, and they had to play the Belgians for penalties as well. Which, again, is far more luck based than skill based, no matter how much you lot want to pretend right now that it isn't.

Edited by Gyarados