~ The Velvet Room ~: The Officially Unofficial Persona Thread

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hardcore Risette Fan trophy is the same thing as hell itself.

My favorite Persona characters are Adachi, Brosuke, and Brotagonist.

I'm hyped for Persona Q, it'll likely be my favorite game of 2014.

Edited by YoungXehanort

Oh hey \0/

My faves are like--

• P1: Eriko and Yukino
  • P2: Eikichi for males and Lisa for females
  • P3: Yukari and Mitsuru for females and Akihiko for males
  • P4: Kanji for males and Rise for females

also Persona 4 Golden.

Best game because Adachi Social Link.

Mitsuo Kubo.

Only he doesn't ever say much. .___.

I haven't played Persona 3, but Aegis is my favorite on principle because super fighting robot. :3

r0q1.jpg

They belong together. :3

I WAS CONFLICTED

Eikichi is like proto-Kanji

but Kanji would be my 2nd favorite for P4

Kanjiiiiii is bro.

He has a heart of gold but hates to show it unless in dangerous situations. He always will be my utmost favorite male character of that game. :3

inb4 Sorin rage

Kanji is always amazing.

No matter what.

YES.

-----

Personas 1 and 4 are my utmost favorite.

Favorite Characters

P1

fly8.png

M-Kei Nanjo

For being the richest guy in the neighborhood and that his spoilit attitude comes as to no surprise as he has been raised from a wealthy family with absolutely no hardships. He does really warm up after the scenario with his brother, Alfred. Also, that fly jacket is just too irresistible to ignore. :D

adj8.jpgf19921d7-8ac4-4c65-936e-22dad657ed24_zps

F-Eriko(Elly)

Eriko is the most popular girl in school for her beauty and amiable attitude. Especially, a gifted student who has studied overseas for most of her life. I would say that charisma that goes to any of the popular females in the series her, Mitsuru and Yukiko who all are the Empress arcana who all show what the ace of hearts in the card deck is really like. Many would say of her shipping to approve with Kei since they both were raised from a wealthy family being surprised that she carries no spoilit attitude which is just what kind of friend that Kei absolutely needs. She also shows herself to be a well experienced model that completely changes her appearance in the sequel.

P2

srk9.png

M-Katsuya Suou

For being an ace officer of the law and how can you possibly not like a guy who is shy to reveal his feelings for Maya until a certain embarrassing point of the game.

ebjn.jpgzojw.jpgcrc3.jpg

Eriko Maya Trish

F-Maya/Eriko/Trish

Trish for being an absolute cheapskate and for being banished by her other brethren for being too greedy hasn't have her change in the slightest. She is refereed to for hire for pieces of gold like a Ninja, Samurai, Assassin, etc.Maya for her kindness which allows her journalism to fascinate many beautiful stores that may put you to tears whenever reading them. How can you not like her characteristics?

Eriko: Said above and for her achieving her dream of becoming a model which some thug kidnapped her and ruined all of that. At least she is a good supporter for both Eternal Punishment and Innocent Sin. It's too bad that she isn't permanently playable though. It would be endearing to have more good times of the past with her especially if you've played "Revelations" the first game. But...at least in Innocent Sin, she assists her old friends from St.Hemlin along with Tatsuya for old time sake. How can anyone not like the most memorable, pretty, popular and respectful character of the game?

Persona 3 article

Eriko appears on the TV program "Who's Who" hosted by Trish. She is introduced as a girl in her 20's with an original short-haired style who has studied overseas for a while. Trish compliments her fluency in English, concluding that she is both intelligent and beautiful.

At least Trish is kind despite her spiteful greed. x.x

P3

a692555a-458b-4ade-8f0b-d895e4c57a3f_zps

M-Main(Avatar)/Akihiko

Main is just <3

He and Aegis should be together 4ever. Akihiko is a likeable guy especially for being the kewlest and most popular guy in school. His determination is the root of his strength and is what keeps him going to improve more than everytime. He would be great to have as a friend...especially to us girls.

F-Mitsuru

I like how professional that she dresses as well as being the top of the student body in the school. Despite her motherly feelings towards others, she doesn't get any less serious about her job and her family problems. Which she doesn't like to discuss it not even with her other friends. So responsible of leadership that she even became an instructor in the early points of the game! Especially, since she is a vet of the SEED.

P4

yy2bk.jpg

M-Kanji

Already said to PK.

jms5g.jpg

F-Sayoko Uehara

Despite her mischievous and flirtatious behavior, she does care deeply for each of her patients which this is one nurse that all boys will certainly want to be taken care of by.

SomePersona3Screenshots.png

...And who wouldn't like the Yukiko maid outfit scene. XD

The Elizabeth dating sim is something to be desired and is the sole reason aside from Aegis' quest to get the FES version and not the regular one. Mamarou is a great athlete and likeable guy that I would absolutely kill to wanting to be friends with. Seriously. Mitsuru needs to do that more often for her serious, bossy attitude often getting in the way. XD

Persona 4 Golden and Arena get my attention. Although, it'll be tough to plan out to buy a console along with these games with a Wii U and Smash Bros Brawl 4.

Ken is the only person who opened up Shinjiro's heart although he has the utmost epic battle quote in the game...

"Adios, asshole!"

This confirmation is really something.

Edited by Barbie

I'm playing P4G and enjoying it.

I also just purchased P3P because it was on sale.

That is all.

P3P is on sale?! I'm gonna have to download it on to my Vita from PSN when I get home

Who else but me likes this most of all with Shinjiro...?

"This is how it should be..."

Oh, yeah...

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/21/ken-and-koromaru-tag-team-confirmed-for-persona-4-arena-ultimax-screenshots-revealed/

Ken and Koromaru confirmed for the new Persona Arena release. Ken is also older and full grown.

http://www.giantbomb.com/ms-toriumi/3005-7648/

Maya is another character social link that i liked, even though her reveal to him left her to storm out of office and embarrassed after finding out that she was talking to Main. XD

Edited by Barbie

Haven't played any of them, but...

This is seriously a lovely piece.

I want to get a PSVita so I can play P4:Golden. Too much money doe. Recently I got the Persona remake for PSP. Friend told me to avoid that one though and just play 3 and 4.

Edited by JairusCBeats

So I finished FES about a week ago and I bloody loved it. It's a shame P4 is only on PSN in America, but whatever. Hopefully I'm not missing out on too much. Bring on Persona Q and Persona 5, I guess

Favourite characters would have to be Aigis and Junpei, though both Shinji and Akihiko are very cool. I like how their relationship with each other is reflected through their Personas, as well as what they reflect later on the story

So I finished FES about a week ago and I bloody loved it. It's a shame P4 is only on PSN in America, but whatever. Hopefully I'm not missing out on too much. Bring on Persona Q and Persona 5, I guess

Favourite characters would have to be Aigis and Junpei, though both Shinji and Akihiko are very cool. I like how their relationship with each other is reflected through their Personas, as well as what they reflect later on the story

Personally, I'd recommend the hell out of Persona 4 just for Kanji, Rise and the true culprit. The music is also great to listen to. The story is good too, but not as great as P3's. Maybe try it through emulation though? That's how I played through it. (Bought it on PSN though later on.)

Yeah, Aigis and Junpei got the most character development imo, Junpei matured so damn much by the end. Akihiko is my personal favorite cause of his inner dorkiness. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" "DID YA SEE THAT SHINJI?"

Also, dat Kyoto springs moment.

Edited by Monde

Thanks for bumping it.

Persona needs more love. :D

Personally, I'd recommend the hell out of Persona 4 just for Kanji, Rise and the true culprit. The music is also great to listen to. The story is good too, but not as great as P3's. Maybe try it through emulation though? That's how I played through it. (Bought it on PSN though later on.)

Yeah, Aigis and Junpei got the most character development imo, Junpei matured so damn much by the end. Akihiko is my personal favorite cause of his inner dorkiness. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" "DID YA SEE THAT SHINJI?"

Also, dat Kyoto springs moment.

My laptop can't emulate PS2 games sadly (I think it's PS2?). And I have heard that P4's story isn't as fantastic as P3's story, though some people say both have equally amazing stories. I do prefer darker atmospheres in games, though

I found all of P3's cast to be enjoyable; I don't dislike any of them, though Metis' voice got a bit annoying at times

Yeah, that was pretty amazing. Akihiko getting involved with Junpei's womanising constantly was kinda great, too. Dat beach moment just before they meet Aigis, yo

My laptop can't emulate PS2 games sadly (I think it's PS2?). And I have heard that P4's story isn't as fantastic as P3's story, though some people say both have equally amazing stories. I do prefer darker atmospheres in games, though

I found all of P3's cast to be enjoyable; I don't dislike any of them, though Metis' voice got a bit annoying at times

Yeah, that was pretty amazing. Akihiko getting involved with Junpei's womanising constantly was kinda great, too. Dat beach moment just before they meet Aigis, yo

Yeah PS2. I think where Persona 4 lacks in story, it excels in its characters and social links. The atmosphere isn't as dark though, except for this one point at endgame.

There's always the P4 Animation you could try watching, I actually liked it alot.

Also Yuri Lowenthal voices Brosuke and Troy Baker voices Kanji, so there's that.

I think the only member of the cast I disliked a little was Fuuka, though not that drastically. I really liked her character in the movie, funny enough.

Oh god, that was awesome. I love how in one of the dorm recordings, Akihiko is practicing pickup lines because of it, aha.

Edited by Monde

Yeah PS2. I think where Persona 4 lacks in story, it excels in its characters and social links. The atmosphere isn't as dark though, except for this one point at endgame.

There's always the P4 Animation you could try watching, I actually liked it alot.

Also Yuri Lowenthal voices Brosuke and Troy Baker voices Kanji, so there's that.

I think the only member of the cast I disliked a little was Fuuka, though not that drastically. I really liked her character in the movie, funny enough.

Oh god, that was awesome. I love how in one of the dorm recordings, Akihiko is practicing pickup lines, aha.

Really? From what little I know about P4, apparently the social links are a lot more generic than P3's. But I could be wrong

I could, aye. Was thinking of watching a LP of it at some point, though

aww yeah

I watched the movie for the first time yesterday, and I quite enjoyed it. Yuki's indifference towards pretty much everything I thought was pretty good. I also love how, in the games, he just reacts to everything so dryly with his hands in his pockets. Such a cool-headed suave fuck. And I thought Fuuka was good in both forms of media

The dorm recordings were pretty good, aye. Also--and this is related to said recordings--once Akihiko claimed that Mitsuru would execute them if they spotted them in the hot springs, I was under the impression Akihiko might've accidentally seen her (and maybe other females) naked before. Mitsuru's dorm recording somewhat supports this, too. If that is indeed the case, then all the bad/awkward things happen to Aki :c

Edited by DodgeDusk

Really? From what little I know about P4, apparently the social links are a lot more generic than P3's. But I could be wrong

I could, aye. Was thinking of watching a LP of it at some point, though

aww yeah

I watched the movie for the first time yesterday, and I quite enjoyed it. Yuki's indifference towards pretty much everything I thought was pretty good. I also love how, in the games, he just reacts to everything so dryly with his hands in his pockets. Such a cool-headed suave fuck. And I thought Fuuka was good in both forms of media

The dorm recordings were pretty good, aye. Also--and this is related to said recordings--once Akihiko claimed that Mitsuru would execute them if they spotted them in the hot springs, I was under the impression Akihiko might've accidentally seen her (and maybe other females) naked before. Mitsuru's dorm recording somewhat supports this, too. If that is indeed the case, then all the bad/awkward things happen to Aki :c

I guess it just depends on which social links you pick. But most of them I personally enjoyed. I think I would have trouble watching an LP of that type of game because there's prob just so much stuff that I'd rather play it myself. But yeah, I guess if you have no plans of playing it it'd be easy to do. Also they're making a reboot of the animation but this time with Golden's stuff, so that will be interesting.

Yeah, the movie was quite enjoyable. I liked how they showed the other characters perspectives and how Junpei and Yuki disliked the protag in the beginning. It's a nice addition to the experience. Yeah, in the game the protag always had that "I don't care" option, the protag is the man.

That could be true, actually. Either that, or maybe Akihiko witnessed/heard of someone else being executed by her in middle school or early high school.

Edited by Monde