Kirby and Megaman's Copy Powers

BANRYU

Do you like stupid pointless threads? I like stupid pointless threads.

This one basically has nothing to do with Smash Bros' gameplay, instead we're just trying to answer the question of

If Kirby or Megaman copied _____, which power from his games would he get?

Where '____' is a character from Super Smash Bros. That's basically it~

Oh and since this is basically just dumb and for fun, feel free to throw whatever improbable and/or third-party characters you want into the mix as suggestions as long as you have a good ability to pair them with.

[spoiler=Kirby]Guidelines: Any recurring copy ability or 'Kirby hat' from the games is fine. Avoid things like Special Weapons (IE Star Rod, Master Sword, Triple Star, etc.) and gimmick powers like Supernova Kirby, Super Abilities, or the Mixed abilities from Kirby 64. Repeating an ability for multiple characters is fine, but let's try to use as many different abilities as possible!

• Mario = Hi-Jump Kirby
  • Donkey Kong = Suplex / Animal
  • Link (all incarnations) = Sword Kirby
  • Samus = Beam Kirby
  • Fox McCloud = Jet / Fighter / Laser
  • Pikachu = Spark Kirby
  • Yoshi =
  • Ness = Yoyo Kirby
  • Captain Falcon = Jet Kirby
  • Bowser = Fire Kirby
  • Princess Peach = Parasol Kirby
  • Marth =
  • Princess Zelda = Mirror / ?
  • Sheik = Ninja Kirby
  • Ice Climbers = Freeze Kirby
  • Luigi = Hi-Jump Kirby
  • Jigglypuff = Balloon Kirby
  • Falco Lombardi = Wing Kirby
  • Ganondorf = Suplex / ?
  • Mr. Game & Watch = Cook Kirby?
  • Pit = Cupid Kirby
  • Wario = Wheelie-Rider Kirby
  • Captain Olimar = UFO Kirby / Leaf Kirby?
  • King Dedede = Hammer Kirby
  • Lucario = Fighter Kirby / ?
  • Diddy Kong = Circus Kirby
  • Zero Suit Samus = Beam Kirby / Whip Kirby
  • Charizard =
  • Meta Knight =
  • Lucas =
  • Ike =
  • R.O.B. = Laser Kirby
  • Wolf O'Donnel = Animal Kirby / Laser Kirby
  • Sonic the Hedgehog = Needle Kirby
  • Megaman = Copy Kirby / Plasma Kirby
  • Villager =
  • Wii Fit Trainer =
  • Rosalina =
  • Little Mac = Fighter Kirby
  • Greninja = Water Kirby
  • Pichu = Spark Kirby
  • Doctor Mario =
  • Roy =
  • Mewtwo =
  • Squirtle = Water Kirby
  • Ivysaur = Leaf Kirby
  • Solid Snake = Bomb Kirby

Rejected Character Corner:

• Ridley = Beetle Kirby?
  • Geno = Ghost Kirby
  • Vaati = Tornado Kirby
  • Simon Belmont = Whip Kirby
  • Bomberman = Bomb Kirby

[spoiler=Megaman]Guidelines: Let's keep it to powers from the Megaman Classic series, since that's the Megaman who's in the game; weapons from MM 1-10 and MM & Bass are fair game (abilities from remakes of those games are fine as well), try to avoid other powers. Since there are so many different kinds of weapons, let's say no repeats of the same weapon for multiple characters. In particular, let's try to prioritize the moves that Megaman gets for Super Smash Bros as well.

• Mario =
  • Donkey Kong = Super Arm
  • Link (all incarnations) = Quick Boomerang
  • Samus = Atomic Fire / Dive Missile
  • Kirby =
  • Fox McCloud =
  • Pikachu = Spark Shock
  • Yoshi = Danger Wrap?
  • Ness = Wheel Cutter
  • Captain Falcon = Charge Kick
  • Bowser = Flame Blast
  • Princess Peach = Plant Barrier
  • Marth = Triple Blade
  • Princess Zelda = Mirror Buster
  • Sheik = Shadow Blade
  • Ice Climbers = Blizzard Attack
  • Luigi =
  • Jigglypuff = Noise Crush?
  • Falco Lombardi = Homing Sniper?
  • Ganondorf = Skull Barrier
  • Mr. Game & Watch = Oil Slider
  • Pit = Centaur Arrow
  • Wario = Junk Shield?
  • Captain Olimar = Hornet Chaser
  • King Dedede = Knight Crush?
  • Lucario = Pharaoh Shot
  • Diddy Kong =
  • Zero Suit Samus =
  • Charizard = Fire Storm
  • Meta Knight = Tengu Blade
  • Lucas = Freeze Cracker
  • Ike = Flame Sword / ?
  • R.O.B. = Gemini Laser
  • Wolf O'Donnel = Slash Claw
  • Sonic the Hedgehog = Top Spin / Time Stopper
  • Villager =
  • Wii Fit Trainer = Rebound Striker
  • Rosalina = Star Crash
  • Little Mac = Hard Knuckle
  • Greninja =
  • Pichu = Thunder Beam / Plug Ball
  • Doctor Mario =
  • Roy = Flame Sword / (other fire power)
  • Mewtwo =
  • Squirtle = Bubble Lead / Water Wave
  • Ivysaur = Leaf Shield
  • Solid Snake = Commando Bomb

Rejected Character Corner:

• Ridley = Magma Bazooka?
  • Geno =
  • Vaati = Air Shooter
  • Simon Belmont = Silver Tomahawk
  • Bomberman = Hyper Bomb

Let me know if I forgot any characters who were actually in the game, or if you want me to add anyone from other stuff who WASN'T in lol. I'm gonna start throwing my best guesses in for some of them now.

Edited by BANRYU

Ike = Aether Kirby sounds fitting to me. :3

Though I know Kirby already takes Eruption instead when he's got Ike's hair and sexy headband. lol

What do you mean what game is it from? It's not from any game. :/

I just came up with it on the spot. It was the first thing to pop into my head.

I misunderstood your question though, I just realized that. You were asking for abilities that are actually in Kirby's games, weren't you? I feel dumb now. xP

I misunderstood your question though, I just realized that. You were asking for abilities that are actually in Kirby's games, weren't you? I feel dumb now. xP

Oh. Yep that'd be why we're confused lol

Ike would probably give Kirby Smash Kirby. He can use both a sword AND a hammer. Plus those muscles? Also, the rock is like eruption... sort of.

...I was kind of thinking Smash Kirby might be off-limits what with it being... well... his moveset from Smash Bros and all, but that's not a bad idea.

I suppose I won't rule Smash Kirby out as long as we can adequately justify all the moves having at least a partial basis in the character in question... in Ike's case, I can buy the blades, hammer, and hand-to-hand combat, but I dunno about the Stone.

I was considering Fire Sword Kirby from Kirby Squeak Squad/Kirby 64 for Ike, but I dunno if that should count since it's technically more of a combo... (also it'd fit more for Roy that way) I mean if need be we can just put Sword Kirby for Ike, Marth, Roy and MK as well but that's pretty boring.

...Oh, I should probably mention that we should avoid the combo abilities like from Kirby 64 lol.

Do you guys want I should post links to the Kirby and Megaman wikis for reference? I kinda thought more people had played them than I'm now realizing may be the case.

Edited by BANRYU

You could do archer kirby for link and then do sword kirby for either marth, roy, or Ike?

Megaman could be plasma kirby?

Fox or Wolf could be missile kirby?

DK or Ganondorf could be suplex kirby?

Ice Climbers could be rolling snowball kirby?

Edited by VenosaurusRex

But Sword Kirby is MADE to be Link. o3o I'm pretty sure it's actually LITERALLY modeled after him, too. Shall I list the similarities?

I thought about Suplex as well as Animal for DK, but that would work well for Ganon too! Maybe they can both be Suplex. (you know actually I should probably put my ideas in the OP too)

Did I not already list one for the Ice Climbers? :0 Freeze Kirby has Popo's exact purple parka lol.

Plasma has kind of been lumped together with Spark, so I'm not sure how applicable it is, although I see your logic for Megaman there and that could kinda work. (ah but then again that would rule out Freeze too, wouldn't it? Allright, we'll consider it.) Actually TBH, I was thinking about doing Copy Kirby for Megaman, ahaha. Copy Kirby even has the helmet and everything.

For Fox I was thinking maybe Laser or Fighter, and Wolf Laser or Animal. Animal seems to work for him given that Wolf fights with his claws and stuff. Missile (assuming the one where he turns into a missile from Amazing Mirror/Squeak Squad and not the one where he shoots them from K64) doesn't seem too appropriate for most characters except maybe Villager on account of the Gyroid attack.

Edited by BANRYU

Oh. Yep that'd be why we're confused lol

...I was kind of thinking Smash Kirby might be off-limits what with it being... well... his moveset from Smash Bros and all, but that's not a bad idea.

I suppose I won't rule Smash Kirby out as long as we can adequately justify all the moves having at least a partial basis in the character in question... in Ike's case, I can buy the blades, hammer, and hand-to-hand combat, but I dunno about the Stone.

I was considering Fire Sword Kirby from Kirby Squeak Squad/Kirby 64 for Ike, but I dunno if that should count since it's technically more of a combo... (also it'd fit more for Roy that way) I mean if need be we can just put Sword Kirby for Ike, Marth, Roy and MK as well but that's pretty boring.

...Oh, I should probably mention that we should avoid the combo abilities like from Kirby 64 lol.

Do you guys want I should post links to the Kirby and Megaman wikis for reference? I kinda thought more people had played them than I'm now realizing may be the case.

I was thinking that Kirby doesn't always perform moves the same way, kind of like Megaman. Stone could be similar to eruption; a large force slamming into the ground and causing a small shockwave of sorts. Also, it's the most fitting one, at least in my opinion.

Lucario should definitely also be Ninja Kirby.

Lucario = Ninja

Why ninja of all things? \:0 Why not like say Fighter? Who better to fit Lucario than the copy ability who shoots out liddle energy blasts form all his close-combat attacks lol? He even has a liddle hadouken-esque attack to mimic Lucario's Aura Sphere. Heck, now that I think about it, Lucario probably makes more sense for Fighter Kirby than Little Mac does.

Meta Knight = Tornado

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke or not referencing 'nado spam lol. As reluctant as I am to use Sword for yet another character, consider that MK's moveset in Kirby Returns to Dreamland was basically exactly Sword Kirby's set... for what that's worth anyway

So what do you guys think about allowing Burning / Plasma / Freeze in light of the fact that they've basically been lumped in with Fire / Spark / Ice in recent games? Should we use them anyway? Burning could work well for Charizard in light of the new Flare Blitz move.

At some point I'll go in to the Kirby thing and like put a list of like all the remaining unused abilities that could be used for him.

And where's Shinpichu when we need him, he's like the only huge Megaman fan isn't he lol?

Wouldn't Fighter make more sense for Falcon and Jet for Fox?

Also, on the Megaman side of things, Dust Crusher doesn't make sense at all for Kirby. A wind-based attack like Tornado Blow or Tornado Hold would make a bit more sense (sadly, there's no vacuum attack).

For Luigi, I'd suggest Spark Shock based on his electrical powers in Superstar Saga. Mario I think would give the Scorch Wheel.

And IMO DK would be better suited to the Super Arm.

Wouldn't Fighter make more sense for Falcon and Jet for Fox?

Also, on the Megaman side of things, Dust Crusher doesn't make sense at all for Kirby. A wind-based attack like Tornado Blow or Tornado Hold would make a bit more sense (sadly, there's no vacuum attack).

For Luigi, I'd suggest Spark Shock based on his electrical powers in Superstar Saga. Mario I think would give the Scorch Wheel.

And IMO DK would be better suited to the Super Arm.

My thinking with Jet for Falcon is that Jet Kirby's helmet actually fairly closely resembles the Captain's. That and his propensity for speed in his machine...

But you do bring up a good point for Jet as a potential ability for copying Fox, especially if their relation to their vehicles is on the table... I hadn't considered that. That's a good idea.

Heh I like that for Luigi as well. It's too bad stuff from the Mario RPGs isn't so well represented in SSB, or Luigi might actually have some kind of electrical attack... Seeing as he doesn't, I don't know if that's the ABSOLUTE best, but it's a good one to consider. However, I'd be more inclined to give him like the Plug Ball or Thunder Beam (whichever Pichu doesn't get, I guess) than the Spark Shock, all versions of which still work best for Pikachu IMO.

Yeah Dust Crusher is a pretty stupid suggestion for Kirby, it was basically only on the basis that Dustman is a vacuum robot. =3= But yeah, that's dumb.

Super Arm could certainly work for DK, but then who for the Hard Knuckl--

Oh. Of course. Little Mac. o w o

Kirby's copy ability for Meta Knight should be "Master" from Amazing Mirror. After all, it's the power he gets when he wields Galaxia (MK's sword).

Haha yeah I agree, but we're just going with regular copy abilities and trying to avoid special powers like Master Kirby and Star Rod Kirby, etc. In Meta Knight's case, although Master IS technically the most appropriate, we'll probably go with like Sword or Tornado or something.

Edited by BANRYU

No clue why I thought ninja... Anyway, Greninja should be Shadow Blade for Megaman. Ninja's in the NAME. Though... Water Shuriken/Metal Shuriken is a difference, but I don't remember an actual Water Shuriken in Megaman.

Yeah, I don't think there was a Water Shuriken in Megaman, that's pretty specific. Given that Greninja has attacks that involve blades made out of water, I guess the question is whether to focus on the blade or the water part, since most MM weapons don't combine the two. TBH I put Shadow Blade for Sheik mainly because of the ninja thing and before Greninja was announced.

What would be a more appropriate ability for Sheik then, if Greninja was gonna get the Shadow Blade?

Haha yeah I agree, but we're just going with regular copy abilities and trying to avoid special powers like Master Kirby and Star Rod Kirby, etc. In Meta Knight's case, although Master IS technically the most appropriate, we'll probably go with like Sword or Tornado or something.

In that case I'd probably just go with sword. Metaknight is mostly based off of his sword moves and in the few times you play as MK in Kirby games he more or less functions as a better version of sword. I feel tornado is less important to MK's abilities.

Link: sword

Toon Link: bomb or cutter

Meta Knight: tornado

King Dedede: hammer

Shiek: ninja

Zelda: beam

Peach: parasol

Pit: archer

Fox, Falco, Wolf: ufo

Bowser: fire, needle

Game and Watch: circus

Little Mac: fighter

Captain Falcon: fighter or fire

Ike: sword

Marth: sword

Samus: ufo

Olimar: leaf maybe

Villager: no idea

Wii Fit trainer: fighter

Ness: yoyo or ice

Pikachu: spark

Jigglypuff: sleep

Mario: fire

Luigi: high jump

Rosalina: beam

Rob: ufo

Sonic: wheel

Yoshi: fire

DK: animal

Diddy Kong: circus maybe

Lucario: no idea (mirror maybe)

Ice climbers: hammer or ice

Ganondorf: fighter (if he gets same moveset like CF again), sword

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

WTF why Fire for Yoshi? and Ice for Ness? Circus for G&W isn't a bad idea, though.

Oh hey, Roy should be Fire Sword for Kirby.

Hmm. I haven't decided if we're going with Squeak Squad's combo abilities yet, TBH. I suppose we could, but it seems like that'd be the only one used for anyone... Ice/Spark Sword/Bomb don't seem particularly fitting for anyone else that I can think of. But heck, I guess that'd be enough... Fire Sword would probably be the one for Ike as well.

In that case I'd probably just go with sword. Metaknight is mostly based off of his sword moves and in the few times you play as MK in Kirby games he more or less functions as a better version of sword. I feel tornado is less important to MK's abilities.

Yeah, probably.

I finally made a list. Still unsure about a lot of them though.

Bowser: Fire or Needle

Captain Falcon: Fighter...?

Diddy Kong/Donkey Kong: Animal...?

Falco/Fox/Wolf: Laser or UFO

Game and Watch: Circus

King Dedede: Hammer

Ike/Marth: Sword

Jigglypuff: Sleep..?

Link/Toon Link: Archer, Bomb, Cutter (boomerang), or Sword

Little Mac: Fighter

Luigi/Mario: Fire or High-Jump

Meta Knight: Sword

Ness: Yo-Yo

Olimar: Mini or Throw

Peach: Parasol

Pikachu: Spark

Pit: Cupid or Wing (except his wings aren't the best to copy)

Rob: Laser

Rosalina: Tornado (cause her main thing is the spin ability)

[Otherwise something with the Star Rod would be fun because she lives in the stars, but I'm trying to go with basic abilities.]

Samus: Beam

Shiek: Ninja

Sonic: Ball or Wheel

Villager: Copy :p There are so many options I have no idea what to do.

Wii Fit trainer: Fighter...?

Yoshi: Wheelie Rider

Zelda: Plasma...?