The 3-12 Archer?!

Big Klingy

Just playing 3-12, and the sniper standing on top of the leftmost cliff (2nd one from the left) just got three criticals in a row.

Looks like I've found the 3-13 archer's long lost brother.

I apologise for the somewhat pointless topic, but I just had to post this.

Anyone else got any random NPC moments to share?

EDIT: There was another NPC in the same chapter who made me lol, a Soldier attacked an enemy Halbadier, does about 4 damage, and gets criticaled in return. I was like: "You're fired. If you survive that lance to the head, of course."

Edited by Big Klingy

Just playing 3-12, and the sniper standing on top of the leftmost cliff (2nd one from the left) just got three criticals in a row.

Looks like I've found the 3-13 archer's long lost brother.

I apologise for the somewhat pointless topic, but I just had to post this.

Anyone else got any random NPC moments to share?

EDIT: There was another NPC in the same chapter who made me lol, a Soldier attacked an enemy Halbadier, does about 4 damage, and gets criticaled in return. I was like: "You're fired. If you survive that lance to the head, of course."

Maybe it's the same archer?

That's pretty cool. Maybe, if they do make a prequel game in this series, we can meet the father of 3-13 Archer and 3-12 Archer (read: Sniper).

I do have one story from 3-13. There was this one Armour Knight I called 3-13 Armour during one of my runs. He survived Laguz onslaughts by dodging almost every hit for 8 or 9 turns before finally getting defeated. I thought he was pretty impressive. I don't remember if he was Armour or General, but he lived at least 4 to 5 turns longer than the other Armour guys that block the main advancing path for the Laguz.

I find that most of my NPCs in 3-13 last much longer than how long I've heard they usually last. The Generals usually survive until the Griel Mercenaries charge 'em, and I've heard from a lot of people that the bottom two areas were lost way before that for them.

I hate how some chapters, the NPC's take a lot of experience away, like part 3 endgame for example...

Any exp they gain is converted into BEXP after the battle, but that's more beneficial later in the game (when your people start maxing stats)

What's so special about the 3-13 Archer anyhow?
I was about to ask this.

Apparently he goes down to where all the laguz are and fights to the death, but I can't remember him doing so. But I do remember a halberdier doing just that

No, the 3-13 archer is an archer in the top-left area of the 3-13 map who jumps down into a pit of 3 laguz reinforcements, and proceeds to kill them all taking minimal damage, despite having no melee weapons.

• 2 months later...

I once had a Soldier kill Ike in 3-13... Then again, he crit doing 3 damage after I Purged him 4 times. This was my PT when Ike somehow had crappy DEF... XP Still it's amazing that he did any damage at all! And one Sniper at the cliff in 3-12 one-shot Sigrun when he crit. (Not the 3-12 Sniper)

No, the 3-13 archer is an archer in the top-left area of the 3-13 map who jumps down into a pit of 3 laguz reinforcements, and proceeds to kill them all taking minimal damage, despite having no melee weapons.

That's pretty epic. No wonder why he's the most famous (and floolish) NPC.

I still think a lot of the NPCs are stupid. They have a tendency to suicide themseleves into a bunch of enemies. Some of them also miss more often than not. Has anyone else sent the allies down to fight the Greil Mercenaries in 3-13? It's pretty funny cause the GMs kick their asses so easily. I'm embarassed that they're my allies (even though most of them are higher than the DB).

Edited by KSFF2150

Actually, in 3-6, the Halberdier (I call him the super lance) rushed Lethe and actually cri and killed her. After she hurt herself attacking Nolan... :lol:

@sangosan:

What is so special about the 3-6 archer?

In my PTs, he always suvives until the end and kills LOTS of tigers and cats. He criticals them to hell.

And the halberdier always dies after a few turns for me... >_>

He does that for me, too, but he dies after he kills four or five cats... The tigers survive w/ two or three HP.