Cannot get past ch 11A

Hello friends!

I come here posting my first post because I'm emulating FE6 and basically I arena abused in ch 11A, and when done, I found that when Roy went to 'conquer' the gate, he freezes, I cannot do anything, but the other units are still doing their idle animation along with the background victory music. I thought that the arena abuse may have caused it, but I went back, bum rushed the boss with Roy and Thany and the same thing happened, this time not arena abusing. I'm using the VisualBoyAdvance emulator (VBA) and using a copy of sealed sword that does not require patching (came with english translations already implemented). Has anyone run into this problem, because I do not want to restart this game, arena abusing takes a long time :P. Is there anyway I can just forcefully 'clear' the chapter or jump to the next chapter, or is there a way to use this save file for another .gba file? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

post-11332-0-99538500-1400209684_thumb.png

Maybe try getting the unpatched Japanese game and patching it with the Twilkitri patch. I think I remember seeing this bug brought up for the new rewrite going on, here on the forums. Dunno if anyone ever addressed it.

If you are using an ISO file for the translation then maybe it is enough to just to remove that file temporally and to start the ROM without it.

Edited by BrightBow

Maybe try getting the unpatched Japanese game and patching it with the Twilkitri patch. I think I remember seeing this bug brought up for the new rewrite going on, here on the forums. Dunno if anyone ever addressed it.

Whoa, whoa, this is the first I've heard of that occurring with the new patch. I've seen one mention of it with the old one, though (probably an outdated version). The OP's use of words like "conquer" and "Thany" lead me to believe he's using an old patch.

Whoa, whoa, this is the first I've heard of that occurring with the new patch. I've seen one mention of it with the old one, though (probably an outdated version). The OP's use of words like "conquer" and "Thany" lead me to believe he's using an old patch.

Considering they got it prepatched, it's a possibility they have the version with the bug. Good to hear it's been fixed in the recent version though.

(also, does your group's patch rearrange a lot of data internally? When it's finished, I think I want to give it a go with the reverse recruitment patch)

Considering they got it prepatched, it's a possibility they have the version with the bug. Good to hear it's been fixed in the recent version though.

(also, does your group's patch rearrange a lot of data internally? When it's finished, I think I want to give it a go with the reverse recruitment patch)

Not to my knowledge. Who knows what FEditor is doing, though. >_>

By the way I tested the latest version and was able to clear both 11A and 11B without issue. So, OP, there's your solution: update! If not to the new patch then at least to the newest version of the old patch.

HOLY CRAP. SO I FIXED IT. Literally it was my .gba file that was messed up, but what I did, was that I got one another version of binding blade/sword of seals and patched it using some of the links some of you guys so kindly provided, and I patched a japanese version to english instead of use a pre-patched english version, then renamed my old .sav file to the japanese newly-english-patched version. Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to work at all because they're different GBA files and I thought it would have some kind of coding that differentiates them, BUT APPARENTLY NOT!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY. THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP (EVEN IF IT WASN'T SIGNIFICANT). THANK YOU ALL

• 1 month later...

Hey sorry to rehash old topic but i am also having this same problem and even though i read the last comment made by Ezriender i dont understand what he said he did, this is my first time playing a japanese game with an english patch. So if someone has the time to maybe help me out that would be greatly appreciated

Okay, in steps.

1. Get a FE6 Japanese ROM. This means that if you start a new game, all the text will be in Japanese. No, don't ask us where to get this.

2. Go to this topic, and download both the patch and NUPS. Both of these are linked just underneath the screenshots.

3. Open NUPS. Follow the directions in NUPS. Make sure you specify the ROM you got in step 1 and the patch file you got in step 2.

4. Find your .sav files for FE6. Use the Search function on your computer if you're lost (search for "*.sav", no quotes).

5. Rename the .sav file(s) for FE6. Use the exact same name as the ROM you patched in step 3.

6. Open emulator, load the ROM that was patched in step 3, and enjoy~!

• 1 year later...

Some please help. I am following eclipse's instructions, but the patch downloaded from the link can't be recognised by NUPS. I tried to copy and paste the name, but then it said that the file was corrupted. Can someone please give me a new link to download the needed patch which is more reliable? I really want to finish fe6 with all the good progress in have.

Edited by BlackSheep