Why is 'inbred' used as an insult in the U.S?

What kind of thing would make someone use that, as an insult? Legit question.

I mean, yeah, you guys use private parts as insults, but that's not really a concern.

Also, why we're at it. Why do you guys use 'neckbeard' as an insult? I heard it implies a fat, filthy blob no-life dude, or something.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People in the US use inbred as an insult because they are highly conservative about inbreeding and there are lots of places where backwoods hicks are known for it. It is a stereotype. It's kind of like calling someone a redneck or hillbilly, but worse.

Neckbeard refers to guys who don't take care of themselves and comes with a lot of negative connotations such as being sexually attracted to ponies and believing their intelligence and/or manners make their negative traits unimportant.

necktie and Parrhesia can clarify.

Edited by Makaze

necktie and Parrhesia can clarify.

your specificity is suspicious

hehe I used specificity~

never thought that'd happen!

your specificity is suspicious

hehe I used specificity~

never thought that'd happen!

Good for you!

I don't I've used it before either.

People in the US use inbred as an insult because they are highly conservative about inbreeding

god forbid they be highly conservative about inbreeding

god forbid they be highly conservative about inbreeding

I'm pretty sure god is the one who tells them to be conservative about it.

Many would say so, anyway.

What kind of thing would make someone use that, as an insult? Legit question.

I mean, yeah, you guys use private parts as insults, but that's not really a concern.

Also, why we're at it. Why do you guys use 'neckbeard' as an insult? I heard it implies a fat, filthy blob no-life dude, or something.

i think inbred children are more likely to have mental problems but i don't want to research, and i think neckbeard is just stereotyping

No, I am not defending inbreeding.

Why did you think I was?

Because you have poor writing skills and don't seem to be aware that 'conservative' is generally, in an apolitical context, used to designate 'traditional values, averse to change'. You know what's a really traditional value basically everyone can agree on? Not fucking your sister.

Because you have poor writing skills and don't seem to be aware that 'conservative' is generally, in an apolitical context, used to designate 'traditional values, averse to change'. You know what's a really traditional value basically everyone can agree on? Not fucking your sister.

I'm not seeing a contradiction.

Inbreeding extends beyond that, though.

Edited by Makaze

You know what's another traditional value? Not having a child with your sister.

Do you wonder why people find you a pedantic fuckwit obsessed with being perceived as edgy?

No. I can figure that out.

I can't tell how they come to think I am goth, though.

I actually meant that having children with your cousins, uncles/aunts, and even parents also counts as inbreeding.

I actually meant that having children with your cousins, uncles/aunts, and even parents also counts as inbreeding.

Err... Charles II of Spain.

Edited by Naughx

You know what's a really traditional value basically everyone can agree on? Not fucking your sister.

but my animus said it's okay and I don't have any sisters to experience the awkward scenario tangibly by which to adjust my judgment on the matter intelligently

Edited by Kaname

I... don't want to relive this old thread again.

I don't think anyone actually wants it, actually.

Bastards was also used as an insult. It's still used that way, but the original terms is pretty much forgotten now. It doesn't means that much.

At first I wanted to makes a remark about how we use insults for 2 things with opposite meaning, then I realized they are not obligatory mutually exclusive.

And now, I need to throw up, so excuse me.

true fact, I called a guy inbred once and it was not even slightly worth it because he nearly knifed me in school grounds lol

I was twelve or thirteen.

He was eleven.

Edited by Parrhesia

Why did you think I was?

one paeg later

parrhesia's confusion (this is just my guess but is probably right) stemmed from the wording 'tend to be highly conservative about inbreeding.' conservative, at least around the internet parts, implies a mindset that's stuck in the past, so to speak, with the opposite (generally liberal) being the progressive viewpoint that's the right one. see the statement 'americans tend to be highly conservative about gay marriage' used to state that americans tend to be of an old mindset with regards to gay marriage (prohibition) while the rest of the world is becoming liberal or progressive (equal rights) about the issue.

as such, he read your post as backwards americans still stuck in the past and thinking badly of inbreeding as compared to country x, which would be progressive and accepting of the issue.

did that make sense

i woke up like ten minutes ago