Index is bad, don't watch it.

lies and slander

Season 1 is awesome. Railgun and Railgun S were awesome. Season II was too fanservicey and kinda eh, but it was still good.

Manga is best, though.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lolmanga

if you're gonna go that route then go with the LNs.

also ngl while Index II had my favorite arc of the entire To Aru anime franchise but really it's not worth suffering through the rest of it unless you're a !!HUEG FAN!!.

Railgun and Railgun S are good.

Having started with the manga, though at the time I didn't keep on it the way I probably would've now, I momentarily had a hard time understanding how anybody could possibly describe JJBA as "boring"

Then I remembered Araki's art then and now are rather different beasts.

I will stand by the opinion that the manga, at least, is very difficult to call a "boring" experience in any sense

It's true, rehab. The anime adaptation of Stardust Crusaders just had a very slow start. The manga is totally fine.

The beginning of the series is covering manga material from twenty-seven years ago. So yeah.

I also don't understand how this is relevant at all.

Edited by Nightmare

I also don't understand how this is relevant at all.

Because tendencies in storytelling in manga have changed since then. Thirty years from now moe will seem out of place in reference.

Esau just hates classics.

The Grapes of Wrath raped me as a young boy while Catcher in the Rye watched ;___;

Because tendencies in storytelling in manga have changed since then. Thirty years from now moe will seem out of place in reference.

I kind of want to live another 30 years now to see if this turns out to be true.

• 2 weeks later...

Random recommendations (my favorites):

-Mushishi

-Rurouni Kenshin (OVA+manga) (far more epic than Attack on hype)

-Gintama (fucking hilarious)

-FMAB (Classic one, awesome)

-HxH2011 (best character development ever)

-Monster (mystery, slow-paced)

-Madoka Magica (a bit too much shock factor, but nice concepts)

-Baccano (crazy, original and fun)

-Lain (mindfuck, but veeeery slowpaced)

-Nagi no asukara (Feels, tons of them. You either love it or hate it)

-Umineko (the VN, anime is bad. Had to mention Umineko cause brilliant)

Serial Experiments Lain is not a mindfuck, I don't understand why people say that, it's just an anime that actually provokes thought over being your average entertainment series.

Sure, that's also why I like it. Mindfuck though is still present, a lot of scenes and and things happening, especially at the beginning, seem weird and confusing, it is only later that everything makes sense, and even then, some parts are just used to make the anime look more edgy. As much as I like Lain, it did also feature some things just to seem all the more intellectual, and those parts are all the more 'mindfucks'. Remember the Alien appearing? That part sure can be interpreted and makes sense, but it is still out of the blue, and well, a mindfuck.

Which is why your point is irrelevant because Jojo is really fast-paced compared to back then, now and forever. The actual problem here is, some things don't lend themselves super well to being faithfully adapted into anime. They're not leaving out any scenes, even adding new ones. The previous season didn't do that, and although it was still slower than the manga by nature, it was still super fast.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, most all popular shounen of the time (Fist of the North Star, Dragon Ball, Kinnikuman, Captain Tsubasa, etc.) were really fast-paced. Not as much as Jojo, but still. The slowest out of them all was Kinnikuman, which says something.

Edited by Nightmare

I didn't say it was slow. Just that the storytelling medium was different. I was more referring to how characters talk, behave, and how plot is revealed. It's similar to how many American comics from today were wildly different thirty years ago. "Dear Lord! It appears that my arch nemesis has attacked the Empire State Building once more! What convenience that I decided to bring my Iron Man suit with me in my handy briefcase! I just have to find a quiet spot...And in a flash, I'm off!"

Everything was much more dramatic back then, more black and white, plot was more straightforward. The earlier parts of the manga lack subtlety, so it can be a bit of a turn off for new readers.

I watched the first ep of Gintama, it wasn't bad.

Also today's ep of JoJo was awesome as usual

Dude, if you think that wasn't bad you'll have a blast with the series. I couldn't stand the first 6 or 7 episodes at all, the humour gets far better in the episodes with two digits.

How is JoJo? I've never seen any of its titles before...