Your reaction about Ike's appearance in SSB4

Your reaction about Ike's appearance in SSB4?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. How is your reaction that Ike is confirmed for SSB4?

2. 2. Did you expect to see Ike in SSB4?

"Hey guys, you know what would be awesome? If like, in Brawl, they put in Cloud, from Final Fantasy VII? "Nyeh heh, heh heh, hyaugh!" *Nerd got punch'd.* :Augh, Ike help me..."

Cue Ike and that cheesy line. And that insane grin.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty pleased with Ike's return. He was an awesome character but also really fun to play as. I was really thinking Nintendo was going to start a tradition of axing the other FE character but no, he's returned! I just really hope he doesn't replace any potential FE representatives from Awakening since he is from an older game and very few people are going to play those games since he's in this one. It may not be the best way to introduce FE characters to people who are unaware of its majesty! Sorry.

I have some hope that Chrom will be in this game though, my friends sent me a "leaked" photo and its either real or a very well done fan made one.

super-smash-bros-4-roster.jpg
Either way, I'm just gonna have to hope there's a third representative.

That image has been confirmed fake and also lacks Ike in the first place so...

As I said in the SSB4 thread, I'm glad that Ike's back (and the RD design suits his moveset better, why the hell was he all slow and stuff when he was using the speedster design from PoR anyway? That always bugged me) but now that we have 2 swordsmen representing a series that features a full weapon triangle and magic trinity I really don't want a third so Chrom/Lucina can just shove it for all I care since I'm certain they'd just make it a middle ground character between Marth and Ike that shares some moves from both (Aether, the blade dance from Marth, charged B from Marth and so on).

Edited by Jackos

That photo was confirmed to be fake, sorry. xP

For one thing, Ike isn't in it, so that already totally disproves it.

Wario's image was taken from a Brawl screenshot.

Chrom's image was recolor of some official art.

Lastly, it's doubtful that Chrom is the only newcomer left that hasn't been revealed.

And no more character slots can fit on that screen there, meaning several Brawl characters were cut, and Sakurai is definitely not going to do that again. I believe this is all that was pointed out when the photo was first posted.

Edited by Anacybele

((I don't know, if this thread still alive..?))

I feel like they kinda need to fix Ike, but eh, that's just me...

but, I also like playing Ike, so I main him, and didn't give a shit bout it~

but, I wonder what costume, will they plan for the SSBU characters...?

Let's see if I can illustrate this:

No way, this picture is a fake. The linked homepage is probably a fake too. I need to find a reliable link at Wikipedia or somewhere else. OMG, he is... no, this can't be... he, really is. OMGOMGOMGOMGYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! :mellow: :mellow: :): :): :D: :D: :D: :D:

Pleased/Rather, yes
Yep. He's in! :D
He is well deserved to return and to be in! ^_^

He was gettin replaced, They said

He was gettin axed, They said

Sales of the game, blah blah blah They said!

And look who's back, and it's his RD version!

Take that to those who said that he'd ended up like Roy.

I am pleased, very pleased. I was bummed when Roy wasn't in Brawl and I was hoping Ike wouldn't suffer the same fate, glad he didn't.

Roy was only an advertisment for FE6. He shouldn't come back as we do want Chrom to make it in.

They can be in and it'd be cool, no problem there...

I'm just laughing at the fools who thought one of them was gonna replace Ike

Never.
It is well deserved for his return with him being in two games like Marth and being popular in the west like it is for Marth in Japan.

I think Ike is cool and deserved to be in SSB4.

I think that Chrom would be a neat addition (and would be happy if he made it in), but Ike had the edge over him for legitimacy.

EDIT:

i am your lord aren't i~

Many of us didn't sent Nintendo fanletters without a reason. Were trying to avoid an outraging storm.

Mario and Pokemon more or less have 5 confirmed slots (cause jiggleypuff's most likely returning), these are nintendo's biggest franchises so yeah they are gonna get a good chunk of the roster.

meanwhile i can see fire emblem getting 3, but thats it.

Yep.
Lucina would have to be a costume for Marth. It's the only way that she will possibly get in.

Nintendo's biggest problem with Fire Emblem is availability, especially seeing all the cool DLC Awakening characters that many fans do not know simply because NoA hasn't brought over the majority of the series, so I think making the currently released ones available for download is one of the first steps to remedy that.

As they have for Mario Lost levels NES. It's downloadable now in the e-shop. I really hope that they do this.

Pff, Ike can train himself! Cause he's Ike!

images_zpsc475b2ee.jpg

ae9.gif

Saved even though this isn't Dragonball and that he doesn't cause Tremors. XD

Ike is fine as it he was in Brawl, he doesnt need to be slower, in fact, that would make him completely terrible. If anything, he needs to a bit faster imo.

His bigger muscle tone won't make it happen.

I always thought Aether was garbage. I mean, as a recovery. It's great if you wanna smack someone til' they bleed.

As Little Mac shares this weakness as well. Fangirl fapping to the max to see Ike and Giga Mac clashing it out! :D

Aether only sucked as a recovery move on certain stages, imo. Namely the ones that were platforms that had dips underneath. It was easy for Ike to accidentally get caught under there using Aether, and all that ever got him was suicide. xP

Ike's also really handsome. I always thought he was more of a pretty-boy than Marth, but maybe that's just me. 54JlhKp.png

Not a fan of his new muscular build though. I prefer FE9 Ike. The only thing I like about SSB4 art is his face.

I kept staring at his face. But those muscles were so distracting, and... ugly, imo. Still, can't wait until SSB4 comes out!

Well...his friends made him that way. XD

I liked Jason Adkins' voice for Ike! It was deep and manly, just how he should sound! He may not be the greatest voice actor ever, but he was good enough, imo. Besides, it's been years since Brawl was done, surely he's gotten even better since then! And actors can improve, ya know. :P

And I've said this already, but I prefer muscle Ike to skinnier Ike. It makes his insane strength more believable, and I think his muscles are sexy. <3

Either way though, the guy is definitely smoking hot. x3

Hee hee....

I agree, Ike's hotness was captured perfectly here!! ^^

That tall frame and awesome messy blue hair... Those pretty blue eyes... Those beefy muscles.... Aaaah. x3

Also, your pretty boy comment reminded me of something funny lol. There's a Brawl taunts video that parodies lots of characters and when Ike appears, he punches this pink blob dude and says "You'll get no sympathy from me, I'm the only pretty boy in this game... BITCH!!" Just...the way he said the b-word LOL. XD

But I agree, I do think Ike is the only sexy handsome dude in the game. Link? Snake? Captain Falcon? They hardly compare. :D (not to mention you never even see that third one's face lol)

I think that Young Link is the cutest and wanting him to sit on my lap. DLC Marth makes me <3 everytime that I look at him.

Lastly, it's doubtful that Chrom is the only newcomer left that hasn't been revealed.

It'd be even better if he wasn't and that he'd appear in the warning challenger approaching when we play the game after secretly fulfilling his requirement as we play through the game with no walkthrough. I'm playing this with no spoilers/walkthrough/youtubevideos of course as I want to be surprised to the fullest. I will be this surprised for him if Sakurai doesn't reveal him that I'd literally roll on the floor with excitement. XD

Edited by Barbie

Well, I'm glad I at least know its a fake. (I simply told myself if was the roster before you unlocked all the characters) I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it anymore *deletes friend's email*

Well, I just went and made a Ragnell replica in celebration of this event. (Also because I got bored) Happy to see the Hero of Blue Flames once more.

Now I'm off to beat the crap out my friend who gave me the picture.

But I agree, I do think Ike is the only sexy handsome dude in the game. Link? Snake? Captain Falcon? They hardly compare. :D (not to mention you never even see that third one's face lol)

CaptainFalconsface.jpg

I think that's all one needs to know, Ana. One does not simply compare that plebeian Ike to our lord and savior.

I guess Ike is the hottest if you prefer muscleheads.

Link and Marth are more of the bishounen type, while Snake is the older dude with the manly facial hair.

What. Captain Falcon is kinda muscley, I thought. o.O

I like muscles on a man, but that isn't the only thing that will make one really attractive for me. lol

FE10 Ike is still a pretty pretty guy, he's just fairly wide-shouldered and has some biceps+a chin on him

I happen to know the odd lady or so who fucking loved Snake in Brawl. You could balance plates on his ass

That's like the third time that link's been posted in this board. lol

But I don't care what Japanese fans think, I love RD Ike and imo, Sakurai made him look even hotter than before! x3

I don't get Japan. Presumably they're not being literal but he looked pretty much the same in FE10, did they just ignore that game?

This means they better bring back Mewtwo if they're willing to reuse older characters like Ike and Lucario!! Still glad they're both in, though.

I think this also means that, with the inclusion of Marth, Chrom won't be in. Too many blue-haired swordsmen. I think Lucina or Lissa or someone will take the FE13 rep instead.

Or, with DLC and Spotpass making a ton of old characters relevant, Micaiah or Celica could even be in now. The roster has seriously been lacking a real magic user (Zelda definitely isn't a real mage), AND it needs a female FE character. There are so many to choose from!!!

Ike potentially booting out Chrom definitely opened up a lot of possibilities for the expected third FE rep.

I don't get Japan. Presumably they're not being literal but he looked pretty much the same in FE10, did they just ignore that game?

There's even a sticker in brawl showing RD Ike... so his appearance should not be that much of a surprise to ssb fans. Meh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If Ike's a gorilla then I wonder what characters like the BK would be compared to?

I'd be really happy if Chrom/Lucina took the third spot. But I'm still open to the possibility of getting a magic user in the game. It would mix things up a bit.

This means they better bring back Mewtwo if they're willing to reuse older characters like Ike and Lucario!! Still glad they're both in, though.

I think this also means that, with the inclusion of Marth, Chrom won't be in. Too many blue-haired swordsmen. I think Lucina or Lissa or someone will take the FE13 rep instead.

Or, with DLC and Spotpass making a ton of old characters relevant, Micaiah or Celica could even be in now. The roster has seriously been lacking a real magic user (Zelda definitely isn't a real mage), AND it needs a female FE character. There are so many to choose from!!!

Ike potentially booting out Chrom definitely opened up a lot of possibilities for the expected third FE rep.

How Ike and Lucario are "older" then Mewtwo I have no idea.

How does Marth or Ike affect Chroms chances when he will most likely be very unique if he gets in this game from the trends of the newcomers we've seen, you also make hardly any sense complaining about blue haired swordsmen then saying Lucina. Like being female makes her legitimately different just because she is female. She could be unique and such yes but that's a hardly fair comparison to Chrom at all.

I wouldn't say no to a mage but even with DLC do a good chunk of people know who Celica or Miccy are? Look at the Japanese fan bases reactions to Radiant Dawn Ike. They don't even recognize his look. How then would they react to Miccy. This is also after they think Little Mac is there to appeal mostly to the west. Which quite a number are not happy with

Don't get your hopes up for someone outside of a lord especially outside of fe13

Well, I think we know one reason why at least RD didn't sell well. Not enough people knew about it to even consider getting it. Geezus, IS, you really must have messed up with that one. :facepalm:

I do hope that Sakurai chooses someone other than Chrom or Lucina for some more diversity though...

Not even Marth and Roy's appearance in Melee got the word out to a lot of people? Geez, they REALLY dropped the ball with advertising FE. No wonder it's been a niche series...

I mean look at the popularity spike Awakening got it! And that thing was advertised to death.

Yep. The only thing Smash did was telling people it exists.

From my personal experience, the only FE I ever saw was Sacred Stones in store, but I never bought it, due to lack of knowledge of both it and the series. Brawl came and holy shit, who's this Ike fellow? Then I got lucky and stumbled across SD, which finally got me into it.

As for awakening, keep in mind that, from an international view, it was the first to make the most intimidating thing about the series optional: permadeath. Added with the insane advertising, there you go

Edited by The Chosen One

I must have been one of the few to get every fe starting with 7 in stores lucky enough for me considering how high priced some of then especially the Tellius games became

Yep. The only thing Smash did was telling people it exists.

From my personal experience, the only FE I ever saw was Sacred Stones in store, but I never bought it, due to lack of knowledge of both it and the series. Brawl came and holy shit, who's this Ike fellow? Then I got lucky and stumbled across SD, which finally got me into it.

As for awakening, keep in mind that, from an international view, it was the first make the most intimidating thing about the series optional: permadeath. Added with the insane advertising, there you go

I saw Sacred Stones in a GBA booklet that came with Zelda: The Minish Cap. But while I thought it looked cool, I never got around to buying it. Brawl made me buy PoR though, because I thought Ike was cool and I decided to look his game up. Then I went 'HOT DAMN THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!!" lol

So that began my love for Ike! lol