Ike's return in SSB4 =FE 14 being New Tellius game?

Jiac

Ike's Return  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Will FE 14 be another Tellius installment?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's going to be a game of Ike and Soren's children (like FE 6)
    • Other (Explain)

the mother 3 project was dead when melee came out and wasn't revived for a good four years. there's literal commentary about how they were initially planning to axe ness for lucas in melee for promotional purposes but ended up not doing so because, again, mother 3 was vaporware at the time. not to mention ness isn't even in mother 3 for anything longer than a brief cameo in a film you don't even get to watch

i daresay the g&w collections fall under the same category as that kirby anniversary package. that is, not a new game by any stretch of the imagination

I don't see how that first one disproves my point, but you're totally right about the G&W Collections.

I don't see how that first one disproves my point

the argument here is whether or not any of the above were deliberate, conscious promotion for an upcoming game. the fact that mother 3 eventually came out years later does not change the fact that at the time of melee's development, the project was definitely dead and nobody had any intent of reviving it. earthbound content in melee was not aimed at drumming up hype for mother 3, even if it did contribute to that years later. after all, why plug a product that's not going to exist at all as far as you know?

that said, on second thought it actually would be plausible for ssb64 to have done so. the "earthbound 64" incarnation of mother 3 was in development at the time and wasn't cancelled until seven months after the japanese release, hal labs was one of its developers, and by all accounts ness was a surprise inclusion given the luminaries he found himself among. i guess i stand corrected on that one

Edited by bookofholsety

This thread is bad and should feel bad.

There is no way that fe14 would be tellius again, Ike being back is simply because he deserves it and that there was development time.

Roy was gonna be in brawl he even has data, but time constraints took him, Mewtwo and others out

There is no trend and I fail to see how one games results creates a trend. I almost want to say this is a troll topic but it doesn't seem to be the intention.