Is Obama a terrorist?

Chiki

52 members have voted

1. 1. Is he?

I heard somewhere that there's actually a secret group that controls who becomes president in order to further their own goals, and that they just put up a sham election to appease the masses and give them the illusion of control over their government.

I think you know what I mean when I say voting is an ineffectual response with our current system. Yes, ideally it would be as simple as the country voting for the right person, but you can't seriously tell me that any of our top politicians are an honest representation of the peoples' will. Corporatism and nepotism are rife in our politics, to claim otherwise is preposterous. I am certainly not saying that the country is held by an illusory tyrant or some such, but more that there is an insurmountable imbalance between the peoples' will and third-party interests.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really makes me wonder how crazy the cognitive dissonance must be for a politician who ascends to the highest office. Like how optimistic and ready to do all these great things are they before they take office? Do they already expect to be a corporate slave sellout powerless figurehead? Or do they run through all sorts of mental gymnastics to make themselves believe things will actually be different this time around?