Best Buy Hosting Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Demo Stations on The Week of E3

Randoman

I thought I'd make a separate thread for this, for those that don't frequent the SSB4 Discussion Thread.

FVX2oOzl.png

Anyways, select Best Buy stores across North America will be hosting demos of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U on Wednesday, June 11, 4-9 PM and Saturday, June 14, 12-5 PM.

The participating locations can be found here for the US and here for Canada.

The playable characters that are available at the demo stations (based on what they listed in the E3 tournament video) are as follows:

Mario

Donkey Kong

Link

Samus

Kirby

Fox

Pikachu

Bowser

Zelda

Marth

Pit

Zero Suit Samus

Olimar

Sonic

Villager

Mega Man

Wii Fit Trainer

Rosalina

Little Mac

Greninja

Playable stages will be revealed at a later time, though Battlefield has been confirmed to be playable.

So who here on SF will be attending? The only ones I know of that'll be going on SF are Chiko/Harmonie/Doofina and I.

We don't know for sure if that's actually the full demo roster. It's likely that it is, but I'm waiting for a real confirmation before I decide to go or not. If that is indeed the roster though, I'm taking a pass since no characters I frequently use are on there (I do secondary Marth, but I live rather far from the nearest location and I'm not going that far just to use him. xP).

I'm not sure if I'd even be able to go anyway though. My parents don't seem willing to take me, even if I did say I'd pay for the gas.

Er, Nevada is on the list, SOC. I just looked. xP

(I check every now and then because it also says that store exclusions could change. If Fayetteville, NC becomes a location, I'd be willing to drive a few miles to try the game even if my mains aren't available)

...Now why would they list a state that has no locations? o_O

They don't even list all fifty states.

Maybe the states that aren't on the list are ones that don't have any Best Buys in the first place? That's my theory.

In any case, my main issue for why I probably won't go (as I outlined in the main SSB4 topic) is that, given the size of the crowds that will probably show up, each person will probably only get to play one match, and some might not get to play at all if the crowd is really big. I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for hours in a crowded Best Buy for the chance of maybe getting to play a single match.

Yeah, that might be it.

And you're right about the waiting thing too. I'd hate to waste an hour going up to Durham (I originally thought it was Raleigh, but the Best Buy I was talking about that's nearest to me is in Durham) and then five more hours waiting and not actually get a turn to play.

Edited by Anacybele

I kinda wanna go, and kinda not wanna go. There are 4 locations in New Jersey (hahahaha sucks for all of you that have none).

But all I really wanna do there is test out the new Zero Suit. I don't think I'll go just to do that.

It's a shame I don't have a passport, otherwise I could easily go to the one in Mira Mesa, San Diego, since it's only about a 1.5-2 hour drive. Well, convincing someone to take me is another story altogether even if I had a passport...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Hmmm... my friends and I might go. I'm definitely skeptical of it being too overcrowded, though. Maybe they'll be less people on Wednesday.

All thanks to the FILS-A-MECH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcfEee1t30o

I think I'm just going to wait patiently for the release, considering all the characters I play as, excluding Ike and Samus, haven't even been announced yet.

The fact that they're doing it is still pretty cool though.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm going to out to the event later this week. We're hoping to beat the big lines by getting there a couple hours early, but... it should be interesting.

Also, I should mention to the people on SF that are going to bring as many friends as you can. The reason for that is the demo station is done by individual sign ups and not group sign ups (assuming it'll be done the same way as last year). So basically if you bring three other friends, the four of you can sign up for a match individually and join in on each others matches (they allowed people to do this for the multiplayer demos last year). So basically, even if the line ups are insanely long but you attend early enough, you're at least guaranteed 4 matches.

I really should've mention this earlier. Well, I hope some of you can still take advantage of that plan.

The list at Nintendo's site:

http://e3.nintendo.com/smashfest/

is different from the list at Best Buy's site:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/nintendo-smash-fest/pcmcat332400050002.c?id=pcmcat332400050002&DCMP=rdr122474

Which one is more likely to be accurate? I can't actually call these Best Buys because they all closed about a half hour ago.

Thanks for the heads up Randoman, I'll keep that in mind~

The list at Nintendo's site:

http://e3.nintendo.com/smashfest/

is different from the list at Best Buy's site:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/nintendo-smash-fest/pcmcat332400050002.c?id=pcmcat332400050002&DCMP=rdr122474

Which one is more likely to be accurate? I can't actually call these Best Buys because they all closed about a half hour ago.

In my area, it seems like some of the locations are missing from Nintendo's website, but it doesn't show any different locations. Personally, I'm going by Best Buy's list (if that offers any reassurance :/)

In my area, it seems like some of the locations are missing from Nintendo's website, but it doesn't show any different locations. Personally, I'm going by Best Buy's list (if that offers any reassurance :/)

I guess I'll have to call tomorrow morning to make sure. The location listed on Nintendo's site is better for me than either of the ones on Best Buy's in my area. I wanted to leave before 10 AM (when Best Buy opens) if I planned on going, since the crowd is going to show up early (there may already be people there).

It's a shame there's this confusion though. Hmm, my group planning on getting there 3 hours early, but... I wonder if we're underestimating the amount of people that will be going out to the event.