Serenesforest's Mario Kart 8 tournament.

IceBrand

I normally use skype but the chat could work too.

alright I'll be on the chat at around 1pm or so. I'll join the tournament and create a lobby and we'll start playing when we have players coming in.

Let us know if any of you guys are joining and remember to add the tournament code to join.

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot, this is starting to look interesting. I think I'll take a crack at it sometime, even if just for the heck of it. Will we be doing this every weekend? Also, who's going to be keeping score?

Edited by Gaia

Shoot, this is starting to look interesting. I think I'll take a crack at it sometime, even if just for the heck of it. Will we be doing this every weekend? Also, who's going to be keeping score?

the game's tournament automatically has a scoring system and it keeps track of it.

My mii should be the same as the one in the Mario Kart 8 Serenes Forest Miiverse community page

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073268532636/14866558073308677207

If you guys want to, we can do the same thing every 1:30pm PST Saturday since the tournaments are scheduled weekly on every weekend now.

Edited by kingddd

Ugh, am I too late to join? I took a nap earlier and forgot all about this. >_<

It's only 1:20 PST right now; you're fine.

WHOO JUST WON MY FIRST RACE.

Edited by Gaia

Okay, give me a sec.

EDIT: Well, scratch that, the chat doesn't work for me. >_>

For some reason, several things on SF haven't been working right for me though, and I don't get why. I can't make polls (the manage poll button does nothing when I click it), I have to open my messenger and notifications in new tabs for them to load, and now this. Just, what the hell?

Edited by Anacybele

For some reason, several things on SF haven't been working right for me though, and I don't get why. I can't make polls (the manage poll button does nothing when I click it), I have to open my messenger and notifications in new tabs for them to load, and now this. Just, what the hell?

That's weird. Does your browser need an update / have some weird add-ons?

Anyways GG's all, I might be back later on tonight.

I recently updated my browser. I have the latest version of Firefox already.

And I'm done too. I'm not as good as I thought I was (and I always crushed even 150cc in Grand Prixs). Though being unable to make really sharp turns like the rest of you probably has something to do with it. >.>

Also, in that first race, I had forgotten to switch my Gamepad's control mode, so that's why I messed up at the start.

Edited by Anacybele

And yeah, what's with everyone using Rosalina? Not that I don't like her, I used her occasionally as well in MKWii (I don't have her unlocked yet, so I can't yet use her in MK8), I'm just curious.

I'm in last only because I joined late. xP We need more players though!

Also, it'd be helpful if someone could tell me how you do those sharp turns I mentioned earlier.

I'm in last only because I joined late. xP We need more players though!

To be fair, Sophie joined later than you did. Who was Sophie, anyways?

To be fair, Sophie joined later than you did. Who was Sophie, anyways?

no idea.

Anyways, I think it would be a good idea to organize it a little bit more so we can at least see who is joining or not next time.

Think we should make a separate thread for this tournament? We could actually call it MK8 SF Tournament or something like that. It'd probably get more people's attention. We could also do all the organization there. Could also edit the current standing into the OP. Just a thought, though.

Edited by Gaia

Sophie might have been a guest browsing this forum and happened to see that tournament code in the thread. We need to make this more private if this is the case. I suggest removing the code from the post and only giving it to people in private messages.

Could you change the time slot? Saturdays and Sundays are good with me, but 12:00 AM on Saturdays and 11:30 PM on Sundays doesn't exactly sound ideal, especially for those with work/school. At least 10:00 PM for both Saturday and Sunday would be better. Though if you can't change it, I suppose I could still join in on the 11:30 PM Sunday slot.

Also, I'm suprised at all the Rosalinas at the tournament. I know she's really well liked, but I didn't know it was to that degree.

I'd probably be using Iggy for the tournaments since he's my most favourite character that very few people would use (especially with the koopalings having quite the hatebase in Mario Kart 8).

Edited by Randoman

SF Cup (MK8) goooooo~

Getting a little more organized sounds like a good idea, a whole 32 hour Nascar FFA spread us all out, I think. Shortening the time or establishing a few hours as a meetup time might gather everyone together.

I think with the exception of Shotguner we were all in a reasonable time difference to arrange something.

Could you change the time slot? Saturdays and Sundays are good with me, but 12:00 AM on Saturdays and 11:30 PM on Sundays doesn't exactly sound ideal, especially for those with work/school. At least 10:00 PM for both Saturday and Sunday would be better. Though if you can't change it, I suppose I could still join in on the 11:30 PM Sunday slot.

You're misunderstanding; the time frame is 12 Am on Saturdays TO 11:30 PM on Sundays. We do them on 1:30 PM on Saturdays.

Edited by Gaia

SF Cup (MK8) goooooo~

Getting a little more organized sounds like a good idea, a whole 32 hour Nascar FFA spread us all out, I think. Shortening the time or establishing a few hours as a meetup time might gather everyone together.

I think with the exception of Shotguner we were all in a reasonable time difference to arrange something.

That would be fine, but I never know when I'll have access to the living room TV. I would move my Wii U up to my room, but I don't have space for it at the moment. I don't know how I can make room either, plus my parents sometimes use my Wii U to watch Netflix. :P

Just a thought: I do have a Hauppauge HD PVR 2, and I'm not really doing anything with it right now. Want me to cap some races and post them here? 'Course, they'd be from my PoV, but like I said, just a thought.

Just a thought: I do have a Hauppauge HD PVR 2, and I'm not really doing anything with it right now. Want me to cap some races and post them here? 'Course, they'd be from my PoV, but like I said, just a thought.

I actually recorded over 18 gigs of video for today's race. I'll probably upload the interesting ones.