Serenesforest's Mario Kart 8 tournament.

IceBrand

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEW TARGET: DIJON MUSTARD

CRUSH THE MUSTARD EMPIRE ONCE AND FOR ALL

GG GUYS :awesome:

“Let us go forward as with other matters and other measures similar in aim and effect - let us go forward in malice to none and good will to all. Such plans offer far better prizes than taking away other people's provinces or lands...” - Winston Churchill

WE WILL ACCOMPLISH OUR GOAL.

MAYBE

WE LOST PRETTY BADLY THIS TIME.

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable.” - John F. Kennedy

WAS HE OBOE DIJON.

BECAUSE WE WILL TOPPLE THE DIJON MUSTARD EMPIRE.

“Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy.” - Franz Kafka

Lawl yeah, he stomped us quite a couple of races

Actually a lot of them

Prancer Cushion Yoshi must be BURNT TO CINDERS

I think it looks rather lovely myself.

...Okay, whoever I was playing against, this guy was cheating. I clearly saw him disappear from behind me and then suddenly reappear way ahead of me out of nowhere. I'm serious. I'm surprised I actually beat him in one race.

Hmm, maybe there was lag? Sometimes I'll hit someone with an item and they won't slow down, for example. although the connection for MK8 is generally pretty good. Trust me, I wouldn't know how to hack/whatever even if I wanted to. I just learned how to turn on the Wii U by myself this week.

Good job in that Rainbow Road race. You boxed me out well; I couldn't get by you to save my life.

While I'm here, I'd like to say that "oboe dijon" is my brother's stupid Mii name and the Wii U and MK8 are his. I find mustard rather revolting, actually, and oboes are even worse (blasted noise machines). I DON'T WANT A DIJON EMPIRE, THAT SOUNDS REALLY, REALLY BAD. But my brother trounces me whenever we play, so it's his call.

Edited by BuddyBoy

TBH, AAG changing his Mii to Ketchup was the best part of the tourney.

Also, I swear I hit Quint with a green shell as he was falling off Rainbow Road once. :/

Edited by Gaia

Hmm, maybe there was lag? Sometimes I'll hit someone with an item and they won't slow down, for example. although the connection for MK8 is generally pretty good. Trust me, I wouldn't know how to hack/whatever even if I wanted to. I just learned how to turn on the Wii U by myself this week.

Good job in that Rainbow Road race. You boxed me out well; I couldn't get by you to save my life.

That's possible. I remember having similar experiences on MKWii, now that I think about it, and they were reported to be lag too. Sorry for accusing you of cheating, I really didn't know what else to think at the time. >_<

And thanks, lol. That one is definitely one of my best tracks in the game.

Edited by Anacybele

My right wrist is quite sore from all the Mario Kart 8 today. XD

So we'll be doing the tournament races at the same time tomorrow? I really want to see how much Anacybele has improved.

Going into the tournament fully decked with Gold equipment (even the heavily coveted Gold Glider, though it's a shame that it's something most people don't notice when they race me) was really awesome. =D

Also, Randoman, you should've joined the chat.

Where was the chat happening?

That's possible. I remember having similar experiences on MKWii, now that I think about it, and they were reported to be lag too. Sorry for accusing you of cheating, I really didn't know what else to think at the time. >_<

And thanks, lol. That one is definitely one of my best tracks in the game.

Yeah, the game lags every now and then and you have things like delayed hits from weapons, people teleporting out of nowhere, and such. All things aside, I really like Mario Kart 8's online and how it's generally reliable.

Well, I saw a lot of the teleporting thing when I was playing BuddyBoy. xP Yet I didn't experience any lag at all when I was playing other people.

And Rando, you still need to play with me cause you said you wanted to see my improvement! :3

My right wrist is quite sore from all the Mario Kart 8 today. XD

So we'll be doing the tournament races at the same time tomorrow? I really want to see how much Anacybele has improved.

Yep!

Going into the tournament fully decked with Gold equipment (even the heavily coveted Gold Glider, though it's a shame that it's something most people don't notice when they race me) was really awesome. =D

Gold equipment is gr9.

Where was the chat happening?

IP Chat.

I know that, I've been joining the tourney. :P

I was telling metalsnowman3 the tournament details since he was asking.

Yep!

Alright. I wonder if I should stick with Bowser or Luigi regarding my full Gold setup for tomorrow. I'm not sure which one I did better with overall...

IP Chat.

SF's IP chat?

Video order from perspective

Lenh - Lenh (shy guy) - 0:05

Kyvie - AllAroundGamer9 (Waluigi/Mii) - 2:52

Sanko - Randoman's brother (Baby Peach) - 5:36

Player 1/4 - Randoman (Luigi) - 8:11

Quint - Quintessence (Rosalina) - 10:45

oboe dijon - BuddyBoy (Yoshi) - 13:30

Chris - kingddd (Mario) - 15:25

Alan - Gaia (Rosalina) - 17:15

For those curious of what racing with the Serenes Forest community is like in mario Kart 8, well here it is.

I couldn't record in game perspective since I couldn't get hauppague to work properly at first so I had to rely on Mario Kart TV to record these. Man the video was really huge 3.5 GB. I don't even want to imagine uploading this uncut and uncompressed. I wanted to try something different instead and see it in a cinematic angle and make it a little less bias instead of just showing off my perspective.

The races were amazing and intense. Shenanigans everywhere.

Last clip is a bonus because brotherly love and AllAroundGamer9's mii.

Edited by kingddd

Alright. I wonder if I should stick with Bowser or Luigi regarding my full Gold setup for tomorrow. I'm not sure which one I did better with overall...

I was quite indecisive about who should I play with but open playing Rosalina appeared in the main screen :smug:. Let's see who appears today.

Also thank you DDD, awesome races and hilarious moments. I'm yet to confirm the hour today but probably around 3 or 5 pm.