Serenesforest's Mario Kart 8 tournament.

IceBrand

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, someone still has yet to tell me how y'all do those really sharp turns. xP

I just tried them again on again on Royal Raceway until I could do them. Don't think there's more to it than just getting really good at drifting.

I ask again, what is this drifting you guys keep mentioning? I'm sorry if I sound like a noob, I just don't know. >.>

Well, I'm gonna go unlock more stuff and familiarize myself with more tracks before I rejoin. Some of those courses we did were totally new to me. lol

Edited by Anacybele

...Er, what?

Hold down the R button as you're turning = drifting. The longer you hold the drift, you can get either blue or orange sparkles, and when you release you'll get a minor boost.

I think you can also turn sharply by hopping, not really certain though.

(Different controls might be different, so just press pause sometime and look for the drift button)

Edited by Lenh

Oh wow, I didn't know anyone was recording anything. :P

Also, someone still has yet to tell me how y'all do those really sharp turns. xP

Drifting is key to everything. Press the R button while turning You will need a lot of practice on this technique if you want to succeed in later difficulties.

Karts and Bikes have different drift types. Karts have an outward drift while Bikes have an inward drift. Ever since they nerfed the bikes, kart drifting is usually best for beginners.

Here is a video of me playing and you can see I do a lot of sharp turns with drifting.

Bikes got nerfed? Bleh. xP Well, they DID have the advantage of wheelies though, I suppose.

I like bikes more than karts though, so I'm just gonna stick with that.

I'll play too.

Also, not all bikes have inside drift. I was using the Flame Rider the entire time, which has an outside drift.

Damn I'm late. Who Lenh? never mind.

Edit: So I suppose the tournament will start again tomorrow?

Well technically you guys can play all weekend and you'll gain tournament points as long as you can play with people here. So you can play to your hearts content with others.

To be fair, Sophie joined later than you did. Who was Sophie, anyways?

I was the mystery driver! Figured I would hope in for a few games and see how things were. Anyway, I might come back later with some Luigi action, so we don't have all Rosalina races.

Video is currently being processed but it should be up soon.

It only has about 6 races but you can now watch and laugh at me failing miserably.

Edited by kingddd