Question about Genealogy of the Holy War: Jealousy

GreatSaiyaman

Although it IS a lot easier if you give Celice the right starting equipment (Hero Sword + Sigurd Sword + Light Sword +Elite Ring + Movement Ring + Knight Ring + Other Rings, some of this stuff may have to be in Storage).

Don't forget the pursuit ring so he can sell it for cash.(In case Sayaiman can't tell, we're joking).

Speaking of Celice, just who's idea was it to name him "Serlis"?! I was never a fan of Seliph, but at least that was close enough. - And Deidre just looks and sounds stupid.

On an unrelated note, I'm still blown away at those Thracian Wyvern Knights in Chapter 5. The boss just waltzed up and one-turned my Lv 20+ Sage Levin wielding Holsety without breaking a sweat. After Leving giving such a poor showing, I'm reluctant to even bother trying with Aira. (Because of the weapon triangle, and since FE4 doesn't use the broken hit/evade system from FE6+) Probaby going to end up retreating to the castle up north.

Speaking of Celice, just who's idea was it to name him "Serlis"?! I was never a fan of Seliph, but at least that was close enough. - And Deidre just looks and sounds stupid.

On an unrelated note, I'm still blown away at those Thracian Wyvern Knights in Chapter 5. The boss just waltzed up and one-turned my Lv 20+ Sage Levin wielding Holsety without breaking a sweat. After Leving giving such a poor showing, I'm reluctant to even bother trying with Aira. (Because of the weapon triangle, and since FE4 doesn't use the broken hit/evade system from FE6+) Probaby going to end up retreating to the castle up north.

japanese poeple (including the creators of FE4) often know just enough english to attempt to romanize the names but not enough to actualy do it well, and serlis was the name given in some art book or other. (also, the japanese often use a rominization system that was not designed to sound good in english)

I'm pretty sure that brigid 1-rounds the wyvren boss. Wind is not effective against flying in this game (fe5 started that) Also, you REALLY want to load a save from before levin died, or else you lose holsety for the entire second half of the game, and ferry's kids' substitutes are not nearly as good as her kids.

Oh, trust me. I feel compelled to reset every time (almost) anyone dies, a reset is garunteed if it is someone as badass as Levin.

I already beat Chapter 5 anyway. (had everyone retreat back to the castle and had Aira crush them with her godly sword skills) And I must say, even though I already knew it was going to happen, seeing it in action still gave me that feeling of "Damn, did I really just see them all die?". I don't think I've ever played a game before where you spend the first half getting so attached to your favorite characters, only to see them annaihalated. - Speaking of which, just how did so many of them escape? They were surrounded! And they had meteor cast on them from all sides! There's just no way anyone could have lived through that unless Alvis' army just walked off and left them without making sure they were dead. (Which under the circumstances, and given the people we're dealing with, I would think they would do) Also makes me wonder why inheritence even makes sense. Why would the kids inherit stuff from parents who died years ago on battlefield in a foreign land?

On Chapter 7 now, trying to keep everyone alive. (Took like 64 turns to finish Ch. 6 - I forgot about that castle in the canyon and had to go all the way back, and then all the way back to Isaac, and then to the end on foot. Since I didn't have the foresight to know that I could just sieze Isaac first and then warp Celice back)

japanese poeple (including the creators of FE4) often know just enough english to attempt to romanize the names but not enough to actualy do it well, and serlis was the name given in some art book or other. (also, the japanese often use a rominization system that was not designed to sound good in english)

Fair enough, but still, this is a fan translation. One that has apparently been changed multiple times - wasn't he named Celice at one time? I pretty much see Celice everywhere on the internet. Why change a name people already identify a character with? And really. Deidre? (how do you even pronounce that?) Diadora sounds so much better, and actualy looks legible in English.

It's Deirdre. I actually knew someone with that name, pronounced Deer-dray.

IRC, a really minor character in the second jurasic park movie was named that. As for how so many people survived, it's a spoiler(although it is only strongly hinted at in this game and explicitly stated in "true ending" of fe5). Ask again when you're done with the game, if you want to know. Also, julia is much more usable if you talk to her with seliph after concoring issac castle and NOT sophara. Both conversations give a tome but the issac tome(rezire/nosferatu) is better and only one can be obtained as far as anyone knows.

Edited by sirmola

It's not even fair how powerful Lakche is. And what makes it even more laughable is that she inherited all of Aira's stuff. Besides all of the swords, she inherited a skill ring, leg ring, and the Paragon and Return items. Making her an unstoppable goddess with insane movement and some warping capabilities.... That levels up like every other battle.

In fact I think I've had so much fun crushing everyone that dares to oppose me with her, that I've neglected to use other people. (What fun is that?) - I'm on chapter 8 and Celice is only Lv 6(!). How badly have I made things harder for myself?

I'm on chapter 8 and Celice is only Lv 6(!). How badly have I made things harder for myself?

It could be an issue if celice is not promoted by the final chapter. There is one bit right at the end where you are essentualy on a time limit and celice needs to run halfway across the map kill some dudes and capture a castle, and run back. Doable with mounted celice, but if he is unpromoted, you will have a big issue. the final chapter is after chaper 10, so you have untill then to baby celice up(get him the elite ring and maybe a hero sword (if he sold the one patty gave him) asap and the arena is your friend). As for everyone else, you only really need the people who have holy weapons, although everyone else helps. notably, levin's son is coming up, and he makes latchke look like arden.

Edited by sirmola

Please tell me you got balmung

Yeah

levin's son is coming up, and he makes latchke look like arden.

Surely that's not possible.

It could be an issue if celice is not promoted by the final chapter. There is one bit right at the end where you are essentualy on a time limit and celice needs to run halfway across the map kill some dudes and capture a castle, and run back. Doable with mounted celice, but if he is unpromoted, you will have a big issue. the final chapter is after chaper 10, so you have untill then to baby celice up(get him the elite ring and maybe a hero sword (if he sold the one patty gave him) asap and the arena is your friend).

Speaking of the arena, it doesn't seem to be based off of your character's level in this game. Exactly how is a low level chump supposed to fight his way through an arena of fixed encounters?

And is there any kind of penalty for letting the enemy blow up a castle? Is there any real reason I should avoid that? Cuz it would be so much easier to just say "Oh, just take Lenster - It's not like I care about it"

Speaking of the arena, it doesn't seem to be based off of your character's level in this game. Exactly how is a low level chump supposed to fight his way through an arena of fixed encounters?

And is there any kind of penalty for letting the enemy blow up a castle? Is there any real reason I should avoid that? Cuz it would be so much easier to just say "Oh, just take Lenster - It's not like I care about it"

your characters each get 1000 gold for each undestroyed blue castle (idk about green), and you can't use the arena, shop, gaurd, activate any events that exist, ect. at destroyed castles. Also, i hurts your tactics rank endgame (which has no gameplay effect). Your home castle, however, is an instant game over if captured. only blue castles are destroyed when taken. greens turn red so you can take them back.

Asfor the arena, the developers said that that was intentional to prevent extreme grinding of the characters that you don't use(like you can do in most other FEs). Perhaps you can try feeding him some kills in the chapter and access the arena from a latter castle. Also, patty's sleep sword sleeps enemies for the rest of the arena fight(no matter how many attacks the other person gets. So as long as you get a hit in, you can advance the rng by having someone else repeatedly lose (which leaves them at 1hp in this game.) untill that one hit results in the enemy going to sleep. Then you just use the "yield" button to pause the fight, change weapons to the cheapest one in your posession, and hold fast forward until you win.

Edited by sirmola

Surely that's not possible.

Imagine Levin coming promoted with better stats, Holsety, and pursuit.

Edited by AMCC4728

anyone without holy weapons start to fall off at some point through chapter 10; iirc they're fine against mooks but once people like ishtar start showing up (5 leadership stars pls) they struggle

hol!sety is pretty much levin except he starts better, although there's a bug that has him start at 17 base speed (as opposed to 30)

Edited by CT075

anyone without holy weapons start to fall off at some point through chapter 10; iirc they're fine against mooks but once people like ishtar start showing up (5 leadership stars pls) they struggle

hol!sety is pretty much levin except he starts better, although there's a bug that has him start at 17 base speed (as opposed to 30)

That's a bug? I was wondering why he had such low speed, since both Levin and Fury had incredibly high speed. Levin had even maxed his speed stat. (and male kids are at least typically supposed to inherit their father's stuff right?)

Anyway, does the game remember every time he uses Holsety before I recruit him? (since as of now it says he has infinite uses)

What happened to Sety is that his speed base was calculated as 47... except his speed cap is 30 so they only keep the overflow (in this case, 17 or so)

It is literally impossible for him not to gain speed on levelup (pre-cap), though, and holsety's bonuses alone would make anyone pretty ridiculous so a run of the arena should fix that.

I have no idea about the uses thing.

Personally I never had that speed overflow for Sety happen, despite Levin always ramming his caps. Maybe it's one of these bugs that only occur if you only use save states instead of the game's regular save feature. Like the bug that causes Celice to miss out on his third leadership star or the duplicate Light tome.

Either way, it's not much of a problem since Sage have a speed base of 15. So it's impossible for Sety to be slower then that. Combine that with Levin/Sety's amazing speed growth and he will always reach his speed cap in no time.

Edited by BrightBow

I Don't think it count kills toward crit either, although i will need to check on my next levin/fury run. (remember, 50 kills means the weapon gets crit. THis can also help with the arena.)

I Don't think it count kills toward crit either, although i will need to check on my next levin/fury run. (remember, 50 kills means the weapon gets crit. THis can also help with the arena.)

It doesn't for enemy units. I tested this by getting the hero axe to 100 kills and had lester stand in front of a choke point while dannan(I think that is his name?) pounded away. He never crit in 100+ turns.

It doesn't for enemy units. I tested this by getting the hero axe to 100 kills and had lester stand in front of a choke point while dannan(I think that is his name?) pounded away. He never crit in 100+ turns.

I meant whether kills are added to kill count but that's usefull information also. Also, does anyone know weather charge can activate on someone who can't attack back(ie mider!lana)? I have heard conflicting reports, and did not think to test on my previous runs. I'll try to test a little with jamka this run if no one happens to remember.

Edited by sirmola

iirc Charge can activate when attacked by Ballistae in Thracia. Some of the skill mechanics were changed between games so it may not apply in Genealogy.