Which Newcomer are you most excited for?

Carter

Favorite Newcomer?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which Newcomer are you most excited for?

• Villager
    • Wii Fit Trainer
    • Mega Man
    • Rosalina
    • Little Mac
    • Greninja
    • Mii Fighters
    • Palutena
    • PAC Man

I forgot to post here

GRENINJA

He was my starter and I love his design. Plus he apparently plays similarly to Sheik, who was one of my main characters in Melee. I could list so many reasons, but I'll keep it like this.

Little Mac is second most hyped though

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT!

MEGAMAN!

FIGHTING TO SAVE THE WORLD!

Only one response to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghW-HwST_bY

As for the most exciting new comer, I'd go with this order:

Rosalina>Mega Man>Little Mac/Greninja>Palutena>Villager>Wii Fit Trainer/Pac Man/Mii Fighters

I'm actually pretty excited to try them all out. I just want to try Rosalina out. She looks very interesting to me. This order could easily change from day to day for me. They are all pretty hype. I am looking forward to learning if there are any more newcomers!

Eh, she seems fine to me, I'm just not 100% sure she'd have been in (or that she'd have gotten her own set of custom moves) if Sakurai wasn't directing. .3. But maybe I underestimate how much people liked her, that's certainly possible *shrug*

I think she'd very likely have made it in either way. Unless we can say Sakurai alone takes all the responsibility for the promotion of Kid Icarus since Brawl (Pit being one of the original characters revealed both for Brawl and SSB4 in particular), it's obvious Nintendo wants the series back in the spotlight and Palutena was a prime choice for another rep.

As for the topic, the only newcomers I'm not particularly excited for are Mega Man, Villager, and Pac-Man. Can't really choose amongst the others.

Yeah, I WILL admit that I think I underestimated the sheer amount of people who were really excited for Palutena, instead of just unsurprised at her inclusion (as I was). I definitely like her, and I don't really want to rag on her (or Sakurai for putting her in); I just don't like that I feel like there IS room for accusations of creator bias (IE in terms of Pit being everywhere in the advertising and Palutena having all the extra unique specials; you could say all the KI:U items as well but that I actually kind of like since they're pretty creative. Well... I guess Palutena's stuff is pretty creative too ehehe).

In any case, I'm just glad that her inclusion was apparently so warranted, since it's making a lot of people happy. I want other people to be happy too hahaha (is why I can't hate on Pac-man either even though I still think he's totally unfitting for the game).

Every time I think about Ridley, I grow more confident about his chances as well. I have to resist the urge to switch my vote to him at the risk of jinxing it .3.

EDIT:

Only one response to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghW-HwST_bY

I can top that.

Edited by BANRYU

I, like all young men growing up in the 90's, used to hate the BSB, but they've grown on me haha.

The fact that that joke can be made certainly doesn't hurt either lolol.

Yeah, I don't know about the Palutena being teased thing as it relates to Ridley, but at this point I'm thinking he can ONLY be likely since Sakurai seems to be trying so hard to please everyone this time around. Even as controversial as he is, a significant portion of the fanbase would be quite unhappy if he WEREN'T in and I don't think Sakurai or Nintendo want to upset that many people haha.

In years to come, those hints of Ridley as a boss from the April NDD may come to be known as one of the greatest trolls of all time from a developer to his fanbase. =w=

Edited by BANRYU

Pff, they were my favorite music peeps growing up. And still kind of are. I really like every song I've heard from them so far, my favorite being "Larger Than Life." lol

Ridley does seem like he'd be a cool addition, but I wouldn't get my hopes up TOO high. Sakurai has neglected to add very popular choices before, such as Geno. Though there were very good reasons for that (insignificant to the series he's in, not owned by Nintendo, etc). He may have found a good reason to keep Ridley as a boss.

Edited by Anacybele

Ridley does seem like he'd be a cool addition, but I wouldn't get my hopes up TOO high. Sakurai has neglected to add very popular choices before, such as Geno. Though there were very good reasons for that (insignificant to the series he's in, not owned by Nintendo, etc). He may have found a good reason to keep Ridley as a boss.

Mm. I don't know if you guys remember how adamantly I was opposing Ridley's likelihood, but I was like super convinced that he wouldn't be playable.

Pac-man getting in tells me that Sakurai REALLY cares about pleasing fans this time around (as though he didn't already...? Well Ridley was a boss so *shrug*), and with so many people wanting Ridley, I find it doubtful that he'd disappoint them all, you know? And really, there AREN'T any good reasons to disclude Ridley; (there aren't. Fight me) the only reason I can imagine that Sakurai would keep Ridley as a boss is out of stubbornness, but I can't imagine that he would do that, especially if it's a matter of maintaining his stance on Ridley VS displeasing thousands of Ridley-clamorers, (and after the stunt in the April NDD, it'd be really bad publicity if that tease didn't lead up to anything GOOD). I don't think Sakurai is that dumb or petty. He KNOWS what people want, and as Megaman/Sonic/Pac-man show, he does his best to give it to them too.

There is no best Mega Man video, because they're all the best

OF COURSE how could I have been so foolish silly me

Edited by BANRYU

There is no best Mega Man video, because they're all the best:

This seems to be correct. I certainly appreciate the other vids. Thanks for posting them.

• 2 weeks later...

Greninja > Wii Fit Trainer > Villager >>>Everyone Else >>> Pac-Man

I love using Greninja in Pokemon Y, so naturally I'm stoked to bash some heads with him in Smash. The Wii Fit Trainer and Villager are just hilarious, and so creative. I can't wait to drive my friends nuts with WFT as she shouts workout phrases all battle long. I will make liberal use of the taunt button. I love the other newcomers too, I'm just most excited for the three I listed. All that is, except for Pac-Man. I understand he deserves the spot due to how iconic he is, but he had no good material for fighting moves, and it shows. I think people have mostly determined that his smashes are all just holding the ghosts out. And all his neutral moves are just random kicks/punches. He just really seems dull.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so excited for the one that hasn't even been confirmed yet that I'm prematurely making speculative palette swaps for him

Ridley_default_zpsba1ee209.png

Ridley_super_zpsc833e2b5.png

Ridley_X_zps13b3230c.pngRidley_ZM_zps20113203.png

Ridley_retro_zps6c59c16e.png

When I did these for Brawl I did Meta Ridley too, but I don't feel like doing him for these because they're quick and sloppy and I'm lazy

Hopefully I don't jinx Ridley's chances of getting in with this shit //shot

Edited by BANRYU

From most excited to least:

- Rosalina & Luma

- Pac-Man

- Mega Man

- Greninja

- Little Mac

- Wii Fit Trainer

- Villager

- Mii Fighters

- Palutena

I really want to play Palutena so I can divine intervention in ecstasy.

I'd like to try out Megaman more (Why didn't I try him during the Best Buy event?!), but I also want to try Greninja (again, why didn't I try him out?!). I like speedy yet strong characters like Marth. I'm in the middle with Mac because he's strong as heck, but his aerial game is shit. The least I'm excited for is Villager. I've seen his gameplay up close from the Best Buy event, and I'm not so excited about his creative playstyle as some of his finishing moves require a lot of set-up time, and I'm the kind of person who wants to end enemies quick. Rosalina is a bit intriguing and her little Orianna styled gameplay will take some time to master.

The rest, I don't really care for. I'll change my opinion of them once I pick up the game.