Stupid things you did in Fire Emblem when you were young

Rikter

Is that so? Haven't played Tellius yet but I didn't think about it like that.

In Tellius there's a set amount of BEXP in a chapter, and after a certain number of turns it starts to decrease. The strategy is using Jeigans to finish the map before the BEXP decreases. Never thought of that before myself either.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I did a stupid mistake. I forgot that in FE9 flying Laguz don't have canto unlike in FE10. In chapter 19 Janaff had to kill a ballista archer, but he couldn't move after he killed him. So he was in Naesala's range...

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

My first walkthrought was in FE Shadow Dragon.

No one was killed, I recruited everyone.
I was so proud of my first game! Also I used Sedgar as general and he kicked asses

Fighting the final boss, I ironically got Lena too close to Medeus (to cure Ogma) and she was basically OHKO'd

During the credits, she was the only one dead, and I used to feel so bad about that, that I actually did a second run.
Both Sedgar and Wolf as generals, dehehhe

Somehow on my first ever run of FE7, when I got to the final chapter Priscilla (who was my primary healer) was still unpromoted. I have no idea why or how that happened. Maybe I was too stingy with staves?

Man, how can you play FE9 without using Titania? The early maps are like totally designed to let her deal with half the map herself whilst your other forces handle the other half. Plus by using her its way easier to hit the BEXP requirements which means your units get more exp anyway if you're scared about her leeching exp!

It's not a really big deal, my sister did it without her just fine, except maybe the mission with Soren.

Like, I know Jeigans make things easier and it's not evil to use them, but it's possible to do it without them. I only use them as meat shields and let them kill things if necessary.

I hate using "Jagens" as well. But on higher difficulties I have to use them, because they can take 1-2 hits. But they only will do chip damage so that a lower level unit can finish the enemy to get the kill experience.

Man, how can you play FE9 without using Titania? The early maps are like totally designed to let her deal with half the map herself whilst your other forces handle the other half. Plus by using her its way easier to hit the BEXP requirements which means your units get more exp anyway if you're scared about her leeching exp!

Except on maniac mode (never played) you can play the FE9 early chapters without using Titania.

I haven't used her in the FE9 early chapters for fighting either except for doing chip damage to the armor bosses in chapter 6 and 8, so that Boyd could finish them. I wasn't forced to kill them, but I wanted to get the bosskill experience. I always let her unequipped to decoy some enemies and it worked very well.

I used to have fun not thinking. Then came Mark_Asphodel.

I also used to have fun thinking. Then came /feg/.

Except on maniac mode (never played) you can play the FE9 early chapters without using Titania.

I haven't used her in the FE9 early chapters for fighting either except for doing chip damage to the armor bosses in chapter 6 and 8, so that Boyd could finish them. I wasn't forced to kill them, but I wanted to get the bosskill experience. I always let her unequipped to decoy some enemies and it worked very well.

I don't like using the Jagen units either, but one of my mistakes when I was much younger was having Titania handle everything (my first experience with exp stealing) and raised her to a lv 20 paladin. It didn't go well for my other units. I didn't even get Titania to lv 2 in my most recent playthrough x)