Was anyone else bothered by how stronk Azula was

Junkhead

In Avatar, she was ridonculous. She could, liek, kick away rocks and run up walls and run as fast and be as nimble as an airbender...pretty scary, huh?

Otherwise she's obviously a badass.

The name sounded vaguely familiar(even if I watched the series at least 3 times), but I thought that "Azula" was the last name of some soccer player.

Just downloaded the FIFA app and I like what I see.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

Not really, I'm more bothered that in Korra everyday benders can bend lightning and metal, things you had to be a master to do in Aang's time.

i always took that as kind of similar to how technology developed

I mean it was like 70 years since aang and the development of lightning and metal bending

we had the first cell phone in like the 80's and it was big and bulky and look at phones now, everyone has a super small mini computer

also the metal benders were primarily the police who are run by toph's daughter, so they kind of have a better reason for knowing metal bending if toph taught her daughter

Not really, I'm more bothered that in Korra everyday benders can bend lightning and metal, things you had to be a master to do in Aang's time.

I think there is a balance between element strength and how spiritual the avatar is. Aang was very spiritual, but he sucked at bending. This is the opposite with Korra.

i always took that as kind of similar to how technology developed

I mean it was like 70 years since aang and the development of lightning and metal bending

we had the first cell phone in like the 80's and it was big and bulky and look at phones now, everyone has a super small mini computer

also the metal benders were primarily the police who are run by toph's daughter, so they kind of have a better reason for knowing metal bending if toph taught her daughter

In Toph's case it's a bit fairer, because no one before her had been as experienced while also being uniquely limited like she was. But it was established clearly that the use of lightning required utmost skill in the original series, and it doesn't make sense that regular Joes are being hired for minimum wage to churn it out like they're running on big hamster wheels or something.

I don't really mind, she was a very intimidating villain because of her power. I just think she should have less screen-time because she's almost a one-dimensional villain.

I'm not really bothered

e734ddcd90d60048129758b6ec3c3f8b.gif

89b63f3d67798100827298ae633be971.gif

Might be because I'm too busy being amazed by Iroh though

Iroh is also pretty damn badass. But...Azula's, liek, 14.

wha

I never watched Korra's series enough to know that. )=

I think there is a balance between element strength and how spiritual the avatar is. Aang was very spiritual, but he sucked at bending. This is the opposite with Korra.

Aang sucked? I heard Korra was a scaredy cat.

Hmm. Well it was a thing at the beginning of season 2, then they fight and break up because reasons, then she gets amnesia and forgets and thinks they're still together, then they break up again "for good".

Ahhhh, romance. *///w///*

I liked that there was a brother/sister rivalry between Azula and Zuko. I can't think of any other story that has such a thing. Dunno why I care like some chump crossing off possible family dynamics in fiction or something.